Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to railjack, wondering what the recommended archgun would be?

(PSN)DarkFist91

Question

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

If I had to choose I'd go with an Imperator vandal, that said I'd try to avoid Archguns in Railjack. They're slightly better now but they are still underplaying them so people will engage with the turrets. 

The turrets work better than archguns?

Just now, (PS4)DarkFist91 said:

The turrets work better than archguns?

yes and no but for the most part yes. 

There is probably some wiggle room in the early levels where they are borderline passable but they neutered them pretty hard to make sure people played with the Railjack. For example they recently normalized the Archgun damage in Railjack to the level of Ground Assault Archguns which are themselves damage restricted compared to Space Arch Guns. Which is kinda...yea... considering Railjack is..... in space. 

Also look forward to your Archwing getting one/two shot every other second if you're not running an Amesha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

yes and no but for the most part yes. 

There is probably some wiggle room in the early levels where they are borderline passable but they neutered them pretty hard to make sure people played with the Railjack. For example they recently normalized the Archgun damage in Railjack to the level of Ground Assault Archguns which are themselves damage restricted compared to Space Arch Guns. Which is kinda...yea... considering Railjack is..... in space. 

Also look forward to your Archwing getting one/two shot every other second if you're not running an Amesha. 

Is every other archwing bad besides amesha?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)DarkFist91 said:

Is every other archwing bad besides amesha?

No amesha just survives better. Everything else will get blasted almost right away. 

As far as archguns go I suggest the imperator vandal. It's a pretty solid weapon. But if I ran pubs and had people going out to fight fighters on their archwings, I'd probably abort and solo the mission instead.

I dig Velocitus. Lets me kill fighters from beyond their range to fire back, easily snipe the engines off of crewships, as well as the shield generators they have when you hit Veil Proxima, and just generally make mince out of everything.

I only use Itzal and don't really have any trouble with anything in Veil Proxima, and don't generally bother with its cloak or other powers.

• Like 2

Almost all the Archguns are viable now in terms of damage. So you just pick the one with the most utility (i.e. Unlimited range, good at popping Crewship bubbles, convenient at breaking Skold shields).

• S tier
    • Imperator Vandal - The best one of the 3 I list below.
      • Cyngas
      • Phaedra
      • Dual Decurion - It's accuracy used to be S#&$, but idk if they fixed it.
  • A tier - Great damage, but very little utility.
    • Corvas
    • Velocitus
  • B tier
    • Kuva Ayanga - It's just alright.
      • Grattler
  • Trash
    • Larkspur

*Railjack only

11 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Trash

• Larkspur

Larkspur mows through enemies for Archwing missions and has a base Radiation damage. It also does a chained area effect which is nice.

For Railjack, I generally run Vandal if/when I need to go outside to pop reactors or things, but otherwise, with the latest patch, it's WAY better to just stick to your RJ guns overall.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Almost all the Archguns are viable now in terms of damage. So you just pick the one with the most utility (i.e. Unlimited range, good at popping Crewship bubbles, convenient at breaking Skold shields).

• S tier
    • Imperator Vandal - The best one of the 3 I list below.
      • Cyngas
      • Phaedra
      • Dual Decurion - It's accuracy used to be S#&$, but idk if they fixed it.
  • A tier - Great damage, but very little utility.
    • Corvas
    • Velocitus
  • B tier
    • Kuva Ayanga - It's just alright.
      • Grattler
  • Trash
    • Larkspur

*Railjack only

Only thing against Velocitus is that it's rubbish at popping healing bubbles. Otherwise it's better than any of the S-Tier options.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Only thing against Velocitus is that it's rubbish at popping healing bubbles. Otherwise it's better than any of the S-Tier options.

After some more testing (albeit testing where it seems like at least the Ayanga was bugged), I'm just gonna say you should really only use the Imperator Vandal or Velocitus.

• Imperator Vandal
    • Besides all the other good stuff, I will say there's merit in the ability to just being able to drag-n-spray against most fighters below level 35. Where the Velocitus is just over kill.
    • It's also better at debuffing and health-gating crewships.
  • Velocitus
    • I'm surprised how good it is at breaking Skold shields thanks to its new ricochet or whatever mechanic.
    • I will also say if you aren't using Amesha's slow (or DE does something to it) this is the best archgun all things considered. Otherwise you have to always fly backwards with the rapid fire guns to hope to match the kill times.

9 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

After some more testing (albeit testing where it seems like at least the Ayanga was bugged), I'm just gonna say you should really only use the Imperator Vandal or Velocitus.

• Imperator Vandal
    • Besides all the other good stuff, I will say there's merit in the ability to just being able to drag-n-spray against most fighters below level 35. Where the Velocitus is just over kill.
    • It's also better at debuffing and health-gating crewships.
  • Velocitus
    • I'm surprised how good it is at breaking Skold shields thanks to its new ricochet or whatever mechanic.
    • I will also say if you aren't using Amesha's slow (or DE does something to it) this is the best archgun all things considered. Otherwise you have to always fly backwards with the rapid fire guns to hope to match the kill times.

So these 2 options hit things easier than anything else? Been using the cygnas and while I do hit them it's still annoying 

On 2020-05-13 at 6:06 PM, Oreades said:

If I had to choose I'd go with an Imperator vandal, that said I'd try to avoid Archguns in Railjack. They're slightly better now but they are still underplaying them so people will engage with the turrets. 

My velocitus disagree

1 hour ago, (PS4)DarkFist91 said:

So these 2 options hit things easier than anything else? Been using the cygnas and while I do hit them it's still annoying

If you're talking about killing non-slowed fighters, the Velocitus is the best. The Corvas isn't too bad either, but otherwise you're just waiting for a frost proc with other guns. 

A fully built Velocitus will one shot almost all fighters, and it has great projectile speed now. If you get a riven with multi-shot it will one shot all the fighters on Ruse War Field. 

WTF.....for me there is only one answer..... FLUCTUS.

-if your mining rocks the fluctus has a wide beam which makes it easy to hit rocks.

-The biggest reason to use fluctus though is for away missions.  Fluctus has infinite punch through.  When you pop radiators you just exit a base and you can turn and shoot right through the entire base to take out the radiators lol.  

Actually..my fluctus doesnt have a gravmag installed but I would be super curious to hear if you could be INSIDE a base and take out the radiators with it.  I know the markers for radiators show up on the inside so its possible to aim at them...  I am pretty sure you can see them pop up outside the windows....   I gotta try this... it could radically improve base raid.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

-if your mining rocks the fluctus has a wide beam which makes it easy to hit rocks.

-The biggest reason to use fluctus though is for away missions.  Fluctus has infinite punch through.  When you pop radiators you just exit a base and you can turn and shoot right through the entire base to take out the radiators lol.  

Actually..my fluctus doesnt have a gravmag installed but I would be super curious to hear if you could be INSIDE a base and take out the radiators with it.  I know the markers for radiators show up on the inside so its possible to aim at them...  I am pretty sure you can see them pop up outside the windows....   I gotta try this... it could radically improve base raid.  

I was wondering if that one worked too tbh lol it seems like it should but only for slowed targets 

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

If it does, let me know. I'll make sure to bug report it 'cause that sounds a whole lot like an exploit.

Actually, they really ought to make it so Fluctus' punch through is enemy only. Kinda weird it goes through terrain.

Hey, DE, anyone? Is that intentional?

3 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Kinda weird it goes through terrain.

Hey, DE, anyone? Is that intentional?

one would hope, considering Fluctus has worked like that for a few years now lol

Before you try out your own build, here is a short guide on what's "easy"

1. Cyngas. 2 formas. Build for attack speed, damage, crit. Then mod the element to cold and radiation.
2. Phaedra. 2 formas. Same build of Cyngas.
Cyngas vs Phaedra: Some prefer Cyngas while some Phaedra. Both are good for hunting fighters.  For Pros,  Cyngas has much higher accuracy, fastest reload speed, high slash percentage. Phaedra has much higher fire rate, much more magazine, is automatic like soma. The downside: Cyngas is burst type auto (meaning you just need to hold the button to burst), low magazine, slow firerate. Phaedra has too much spread, and puncture being the highest IPS.

I have both fully built and tried out but I still prefer using Cyngas. Mainly because of the accuracy to hit fighters. I also consider slash proc better than puncture. Slash in railjack becomes Particle damage which increases the damage received by enemy by 7.5% ( stack multiplicatively ). FYI one could empty a crewship health in veil proxima within 5 seconds.

For railjack turrets. Carcinox and Apoc are both easy to use. Zekti or Lavan according to your preference. However, turrets aren't the main source of damage particularly all of them are slow killing machine without AoE. Get a Battle Avionics which calls Munition Vortex. Use the ability, then shoot the bubble with your turrets. The damage dealt would be stored by the bubble and unleash in an area upon manual detonation, with MKIII Zekti Apoc you could charge it a few seconds for one-shotting any fighter around you.  I rely on that to farm Gian Point 4~5 mins per run.