Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ship air support

ZzVinniezZ

with the introduction of Nightwave ship...it about time we should discuss the usefulness of Air support

i love the nightwave ship...but in term of air support usefulness your basic Liset ship is the only way to go because it can temporary stop count down timers for SPY and RESCUE mission as well as remove lock down.

can we have these Air support changeable and not tied to 1 Liset ship. Perhaps buff other air support to be more useful? i mean bombardment is cool but it barely scratch anything beyond level 50+, these air support should act like "1 free ticket out of jail" with long cool down. so far the basic one filled that role but not the rest. how many of you see other people use other ship beside the Basic Liset (or primed version)?

Edited by ZzVinniezZ
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Llamatronian said:

A good solution would be to let us build any type, but only equip one at a time. The blueprints for each could still come with building each landing craft type, giving us a reason to collect them all.

yeah that seem better.

I like dropping decoy turrets and health towers on defense/survival type missions, they're not great, but imo they're MORE useful than Liset, cause they give me more ability to BE good instead of negating me being bad. (Really, if I mess up a spy or rescue, I've got other problems, IE bruteforcing with the wrong kit as is, bad pubs, etc.) The carpet bomb is pretty garbage though and it sounds like the Nightwave has a pretty similar support, it just CC's what survives for a bit.

Now it'd be nice if the Health tower was a little more passive (like a universal Wisp Vitality mote), and if the Sentry and Carpet Bomb scaled with enemy level like Specters/Vauban do. Liset I think is fine, even if it's role is niche, that niche does serve a purpose, particularly to those still developing their tool kits and skills. Liset Air Support is super nice to have as a backup while your building your Ivara, or for Spy Sorties.

• Like 1

I would rather they just untie ship precepts and let us choose what we want on what ship. Locking a precept to a cosmetic is not much fun, in a perfect world that would stop. Like the way your carrier looks but want it to scan things done. Like the liset precept , but want the xiphos ship done. 

air Support needs a serious rework anyway IMO. the changes I would make

-  security bypass: it wouldn't freeze timers permanently or anything, but enemies wouldn't be able to raise alarms or lock doors for that mission (you'd still have Friendship Doors though, as they are already locked).

- Mantis Med Support could provide health regen within a set range (say 20-30m) as well as manual health restore. it's not a bad ability by any means, but we have so many ways of regaining health. for people who forego health regen in favour of more DPS or whatever, this would be helpful.

- Scimitar's strafe run should be aimable, activating it gives a thrown beacon, which you lob at what you want killed: of course the damage needs to be buffed considerably maybe give it armor strip too for good measure.

- Xiphos' Turret should scale with level, and be more than just a friendly Corpus Turret: give it it's own custom design and let it have guns, missiles etc. it would still have limited health and be fixed in place, and only one would be allowed at a time, but it should be at least as good as a decent Warframe Specter, if not more so.

- the Nightwave Craft ability sounds on paper like an air support version of Banshee, but it could be watered down for all we know. maybe make it a thrown beacon that makes a permanent sound quake where it lands. would be useful for defense missions. I'll need to actually get the Craft before confirming how it can be improved if needed.

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

air Support needs a serious rework anyway IMO. the changes I would make

-  security bypass: it wouldn't freeze timers permanently or anything, but enemies wouldn't be able to raise alarms or lock doors for that mission (you'd still have Friendship Doors though, as they are already locked).

- Mantis Med Support could provide health regen within a set range (say 20-30m) as well as manual health restore. it's not a bad ability by any means, but we have so many ways of regaining health. for people who forego health regen in favour of more DPS or whatever, this would be helpful.

- Scimitar's strafe run should be aimable, activating it gives a thrown beacon, which you lob at what you want killed: of course the damage needs to be buffed considerably maybe give it armor strip too for good measure.

- Xiphos' Turret should scale with level, and be more than just a friendly Corpus Turret: give it it's own custom design and let it have guns, missiles etc. it would still have limited health and be fixed in place, and only one would be allowed at a time, but it should be at least as good as a decent Warframe Specter, if not more so.

- the Nightwave Craft ability sounds on paper like an air support version of Banshee, but it could be watered down for all we know. maybe make it a thrown beacon that makes a permanent sound quake where it lands. would be useful for defense missions. I'll need to actually get the Craft before confirming how it can be improved if needed.

At the end of the day this doesn't solve the biggest problem. One of those will be better, which means the ship we use will be dictated not by which we think looks best, but by the precept. It's why liset gets used most. They seriously need to stop Tying precepts to what is essentially cosmetics. They could remove the precept issues all together, and let fashion frame soar because personal taste really do very greatly.

Hey Ordis!

Yes Operator?

Download and initiate hacking precept for landing craft.

Operator, I have initiated the hacking precept, is there anything else you would like?

Edited by Nichivo