Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity Booster Bug. Any changes to how affinity is gained in the last update?

(PSN)ahz6003

Hey,

I bought an affinity booster for 7 days. Usually, I equip one weapon with my Saryn Prime and I level it up to at least 27 if not 30. Now, it has been 2 days and I am barely leveling my weapons up to 19 with the same build and load out (only 1 weapon equipped). Did DE change the way affinity is gained or reduce the amount of xp that is gained when using a booster? I would really appreciate any feedback on this topic.

Thanks.

I am not saying that I understand the system perfectly, but I am pretty sure that something is off here because I am getting most of the kills now and even with previous boosters. Both scenarios are the same, but for some reason the gain from this booster feels like it is cut in half.

Note / there were instances in previous boosters where I rarely use the weapon to kill. I used it to just pop Saryn's spores and still leveled it up 30 by round 10.

Edited by (PS4)ahz6003

what darkley is saying is

enemies killed with warframe powers, warframe gets all XP, weapon get 0

enemies killed with weapon, warframe and weapons split xp 50/50

warframes always level way faster due to this, the game also doesn't care if an item is maxed(unless this was changed), example your saryn is max level but your weapon is only level 15, getting a kill with your weapon will still split the xp with the warframe even tho its maxed and doesnt do anything with it'

its also share between players, so other players getting alot of warframe power kills or gun kills counts towards you as well, atleast if your within share range that is

with a booster on i can usually level a frame 2 times before the weapon maxes out, but all my recent frames have been able to deal damage with their powers so my scale may be a bit off

gun type may also be a factor where something like a soma requires you to point and kill each enemy but something like an ingis is spray that way and 10 ppl just died lol making the ingis level up faster or seem easier

Edited by Tokens210

• 1 year later...

hey i understand what you mean, ive been having the same problem. i have a booster and is not working the way it used to same exact load out, no one can tell me im wrong because i tested it with friends with and without boosters and my weapon seem to lvl up at the same rate as those who didnt have boosters meanwhile my friends with booster was literlly double my lvl.

On 2021-06-03 at 11:58 PM, (XBOX)Tejadaa said:

hey i understand what you mean, ive been having the same problem. i have a booster and is not working the way it used to same exact load out, no one can tell me im wrong because i tested it with friends with and without boosters and my weapon seem to lvl up at the same rate as those who didnt have boosters meanwhile my friends with booster was literlly double my lvl.

Easy way to check is to grab an affinity orb from a locker or something.  See how much affinity you get from it.  They give 100 affinity without a booster.  If you get 100, then the booster isn't working.  If you get 200, then it's working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-06-07 at 1:35 PM, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

Easy way to check is to grab an affinity orb from a locker or something.  See how much affinity you get from it.  They give 100 affinity without a booster.  If you get 100, then the booster isn't working.  If you get 200, then it's working.

i get 200 affinity from the orbs but it only works from orbs regular XP from kills doesnt seem to have the multiplied affect.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Tejadaa said:

i get 200 affinity from the orbs but it only works from orbs regular XP from kills doesnt seem to have the multiplied affect.

Highly doubtful.  Look up the affinity for a mob enemy on the wiki, then go kill one.  You'll likely find that it works if it works on the orbs.

Just because you have the same loadout as someone else doesn't mean that your affinity gains will match theirs.  It dependent on who gets the kills, how the kills are gained, etc.  If you are killing with your frame, then your squadmate will get affinity towards their weapons and you won't.

• 3 weeks later...

Your using Logic based on my game working the way its suppose to, Im telling you its a Bug because Im 200% Positive its not working if not i wouldnt be posting on these forums. If you would like add me and ill let you log in my account so you can see for your self. I Have owned the Game for many years, im oretty sure ill know the difference between it working and it not.

On 2021-07-02 at 6:01 PM, (XBOX)Tejadaa said:

Your using Logic based on my game working the way its suppose to, Im telling you its a Bug because Im 200% Positive its not working if not i wouldnt be posting on these forums. If you would like add me and ill let you log in my account so you can see for your self. I Have owned the Game for many years, im oretty sure ill know the difference between it working and it not.

1.  Do not let others log into your account.

2.  You'd be surprised how many people claim to know things that they simply don't.  If you want to demonstrate that there's a bug, then there are ways you can do it.  I've given you some ideas.  If you just want to complain, then so be it.  If I were a DE bug tester reading this, I'd likely not take your word for it, however, when there are ways you can show it that you refuse to take, especially after conceding that you do get 200 XP from affinity orbs.  Getting 200 affinity from the orbs demonstrates that you are getting the effect from your booster.  The game doesn't selectively apply it.