Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transference: Optimization

Hey DE-

I’m in the large group of people that use my operator a lot in regular combat, I mean why wouldn’t you utilize all those wonderful goodies you have given us (Focus schools, Arcanes, etc.). I love to gather up enemies, lock them down and transfer back to my Warframe, however...

This mechanic seems it’s extremely laggy on the Switch. I watch streams from PC & even other console and just drool over how quickly they can transfer in and out of operator. 

This latency carries over to a couple of other buffs that are intended to be “instant” as well such as Rolling Guard. While it doesn’t happen every time like transferring in and out of operator, occasionally when I do a roll with the mod attached it takes a second to pop up. With some builds in late enemy content this spells absolute disaster! 

Just wanna also say you guys have been doing a wonderful job at listening to these forums and your community. Thanks for continuing to make my favorite game even better! 

-Goku 

• Like 2

The engagement and response time on your part has truly been wonderful. Keep up the excellent work!

I understand this isn't exactly a bug, but it is one of the things that necessitates us Switch players developing new playstyles. This isn't really a bad thing, in my opinion, but innovation shouldn't have to come at the cost of tried-and-true methods being available to us. The end to far too many arbitration missions, for my squad, has been me running around in my operator collecting arbi drone points, getting bopped, and the transference time being such that I can be spamming the roll button, but still have my frame killed before I can complete the roll and toggle the iFrames for rolling guard.

Shield gating has helped IMMENSELY with this, but even with that additional second, I've had times where it was insufficient time. If the transference itself can't be optimized, perhaps something to the effect of the invulnerability window for your frame lasting until some check is done for "is the players camera actually in their frame" could be added? I get it can't be attached to moving or performing an action, because you could then abuse it by just transferring in and doing nothing. I'm not sure what the exact fix should be, but even with shield gating, this is still a problem for me in endurance runs.

A huge extension of gratitude and appreciation for DE on their attention to some of these recent posts!

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly with the above posts and would also like to expand upon it with why can't we use the old school effects such as the laser beam and healing auras from the time before you complete the queens? I havent reliably been able to trigger either effect on either console or PC accounts for some time and I hope as part of this it is worked on.

To return to the orignal posts purpose there is a distinct issue and as someone who plays with the guys above my latency is even worse as I play on NA from the OCE server. That already amplifies the difficulty of triggering/benefiting unless I host but when I do they experience further issues as the clients.

One way to repeatably and consistently experience the issues mentioned above is have an NA/EU host and be from another region. While this drasticaly amplifies the issue it also seems more dominant on client side then on host side particularly during the recent Operation Scarlet Spear. I have yet to get new controllers and believe there is a possibility that it may relate to wear on shoulder keys but I am unable at this time to verify if it is so.With that in mind if there is a hardware option to toggle how quickly the shoulder buttons respond that would also be helpful as it may at least reduce the feeling of lag.

-AethericDaeva MR12 NSW

-Hyroncore MR17 PC

The operator mechanic does work properly as a host, but it seems like it's tied to latency with the host when you're playing as a client.

For some reason, the netcode is really rubbish on the Switch version, and they should really work on doing something about it, because things are so extremely laggy in multiplayer it's not fun at all.

Alternatively, just make Transference not dependent on the host like every other ability.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-21 at 4:25 PM, (NSW)Matt-S said:

The operator mechanic does work properly as a host, but it seems like it's tied to latency with the host when you're playing as a client.

For some reason, the netcode is really rubbish on the Switch version, and they should really work on doing something about it, because things are so extremely laggy in multiplayer it's not fun at all.

Alternatively, just make Transference not dependent on the host like every other ability.

Yeah I agree 100% with this, sometimes when host it’s perfect but too inconsistent. Make it like an ability and this problem is solved, similar to switching between day and night with equinox. It’s part of the experience it show be that smooth. It’s a really cool system that deserves being utilized fully. 

Hi,

First of all thank you for startin this thread. Yes! Please optimize this. As a host In a squad there are no problems, but as a part of the squad it is very noticable. I have played the game mostly solo, and I Too have noticed a very big difference. One thing I would also like To point out is that when NW season 3 dropped, even playing alone the transference seemed To be slower than before.

-Kuru of The Pirate Round