Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hostage Needs Notification When Down

hyperblaster

it is hard to miss if you stay with it, trouble is people run off and leave it to die..

EDIT: sorry my post seamed harsh - I do agree that it needs this and should give an icon like when a player dies. Most rescue missions i have been in though people running off and leaving me with the hostage is a far bigger issue.

Edited by spacedkadet

This was especially bad in the Nyx helmet alert we just had. Level 122 infested rescue.

The hostage keeps running into the middle of the chaos. Often hard to notice when he's down unless you have a member of your squad do nothing but keep an eye on the hostage. Failed the mission twice because the hostage died despite trying our best to keep him alive. Would be nice to have a red cross and the same kind of notification we get when a player is down.

Many players do not even know that the hostage can be revived just like a regular player, but no minimap marker or bleedout timer appears.

it is hard to miss if you stay with it, trouble is people run off and leave it to die..

And some even rage quit after the mission failed bc of hostage was killed, 2 of us here the only ones actually protecting him and the other 2 here already at extraction hoping we arrived soon before the grineer kill the hostage to complete the mission.

+1, really annoying when the game decides to throw 15 waves of 100+ Grineer at you in the world's narrowest hallway, and you can't even see the hostage let alone notice they're down. They need to function more like fellow players (downed icon on mini-map, can be seen through walls, etc.)