Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I was wrong about blade storm...kinda

With the release of Ash's new deluxe i went to give him a second chance and try him out...study how his last ability interact with today's enemy health types.

My major issues with blade storm that it's a clunky ability...because you can either watch a recycled cutscene like og blade storm, or watch your clones do your job for you.

At first you had to slide your camera on every enemy you see in line of sight, With a controller and a moderate sensitivity...yeah, that's such a pain.

So i fixed this issue by setting my sensitivity all the way to 100, and my gameplay experience for blade storm inproved substantially.

It became almost a better designed ability than mesa...almost.

But the question is, do i have to adjust my own settings to maximize the effectiveness of one ability in the game?...that doesn't sound right.

I am now enjoying blade storm a lot more than before just for this simple fix but the ability still has major issues.

1.even though it's considered a finisher and deals true damage, it still doesn't bypass shields, and now that slash also doesn't bypass shields, this ability is useless against corpus

2.you still stuck between two bad alternatives...either watch clones kill stuff, or watch yourself kill stuff

3.having to change custom settings to fix an ability doesn't help addressing the fact that the ability itself is flawed 

BUT Hopper, what do you suggest to change this ability?

I'm going to turn this ability into Rage mode.

Ash enters his black and white focus state, any melee strikes done to an enemy will summon up to 3 clones that will perform a finisher on them

Additionally, if you yourself performed a finisher on that enemy...the 3 clones will perform finishers on random enemies within a 50 meter area 

With this new blade storm you:

1.have control over the clones.

2.Can decide whether you want the clones to attack a single traget or multiple targets around you

3.synegise with other augment mods like fatal teleport.

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

Just now, jojokaizer said:

just make his 4 in to a damn aoe target skill again. the interactivity of having to highlight enemies is dumb to being with.  he's already a subpar frame, why make his game play even more of a chore?

What about my suggestion above?

It basically makes the clones a passive effect of blade storm...you enter blade storm...hit enemies with melee and you'll summon clones that will execute finishers on them

You execute a finisher on that enemy and they'll attack random enemies within 50 meters 

It's a lot better in my opinion 

Sorry to say this but while i agree that bladestorm needs a rework, a vocal percentage of people here will yell at you for suggesting any change because "he is fine he one shots super high level enemies".

So, enjoy the coming comments.

As for your suggestions, they are interesting. Would be useless except against high enough levels to survive melee. Also a lot of people make use of arcane trickery and ultimatum, which currently can be refreshed by spamming.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

What about my suggestion above?

It basically makes the clones a passive effect of blade storm...you enter blade storm...hit enemies with melee and you'll summon clones that will execute finishers on them

You execute a finisher on that enemy and they'll attack random enemies within 50 meters 

It's a lot better in my opinion 

the issue is on the power of the melee weapons and enemy scaling.  ash already has a single target enemy killer skill, he doesn't need another one. with the power of melee weapons now, you'd be hard pressed to find an enemy where the 4 can even proc on...  they all just die in 2 hits. adding on the second part of your suggestion, finishers are basically worthless and almost never happen.  what he needs is an aoe CC or kill ability, he has no chance to compete with other frames without it.  with the new enemy armor balance, ash has basically been removed from the usability department. he literally brings nothing to the table at this point.  aoe targeting blade storm will at least make him "FUN" to play again.  

1 hour ago, jojokaizer said:

the issue is on the power of the melee weapons and enemy scaling.  ash already has a single target enemy killer skill, he doesn't need another one. with the power of melee weapons now, you'd be hard pressed to find an enemy where the 4 can even proc on...  they all just die in 2 hits. adding on the second part of your suggestion, finishers are basically worthless and almost never happen.  what he needs is an aoe CC or kill ability, he has no chance to compete with other frames without it.  with the new enemy armor balance, ash has basically been removed from the usability department. he literally brings nothing to the table at this point.  aoe targeting blade storm will at least make him "FUN" to play again.  

Once again: It's not a DPS race. Most of us aren't playing with parsers trying to eek out that extra 25k damage.

Solo mode exists and people use it. Why do you think there are jokes about doing sorties solo because pubs cant handle it?

I repeat: stop trying to build frames based on the amount of Damage Done Per Second. That's not how any of this works. 

Do you think that Trinity is useless because she cant wipe a room? 

How about Excalibur?

Edit: and his 2 can be used as an "aoe CC" along with a plethora of other tools.

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Once again: It's not a DPS race. Most of us aren't playing with parsers trying to eek out that extra 25k damage.

Solo mode exists and people use it. Why do you think there are jokes about doing sorties solo because pubs cant handle it?

I repeat: stop trying to build frames based on the amount of Damage Done Per Second. That's not how any of this works. 

Do you think that Trinity is useless because she cant wipe a room? 

How about Excalibur?

it's funny you brought that up, when people have been asking forever for a rework on the "useless" trinity.  why use trinity when wisp is around? exactly, no reason.  as for excal.... he can dish out tons aoe damage indefinitely, so I m not sure where you are going with in that one.  the point is that ash is useless and a sub par frame in both solo and coop.  DPS race or not, people like useful frames with good or fun skills. ash does not have that.  and just to inform you, building frames for max damage IS how the game works. it's a power fantasy grinder. seems like you're playing the wrong game. 

2 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

it's funny you brought that up, when people have been asking forever for a rework on the "useless" trinity.  why use trinity when wisp is around? exactly, no reason.  as for excal.... he can dish out tons aoe damage indefinitely, so I m not sure where you are going with in that one.  the point is that ash is useless and a sub par frame in both solo and coop.  DPS race or not, people like useful frames with good or fun skills. ash does not have that.  and just to inform you, building frames for max damage IS how the game works. it's a power fantasy grinder. seems like you're playing the wrong game. 

I get it, you cant understand nuance or learn too much at a time, it's ok buddy.

I'll try to simplify it for you: too many big boom not balance. Big boom need variety support to continue big boom. Variety increase big boom. Many kill with many variety.

Just now, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I get it, you cant understand nuance or learn too much at a time, it's ok buddy.

I'll try to simplify it for you: too many big boom not balance. Big boom need variety support to continue big boom. Variety increase big boom. Many kill with many variety.

you want to talk about balance when trying to making ash a little more fun or better to play? lol... are you special? you must be one of those dum dums who thinks all frames are good too.  guess what they aren't.  I'm gonna let you in on a secret, the game is fun because there isn't a heavy balance on power.  at this point I'm not even sure what point you're even trying to make. you bring up the two frames that contradict your views and now you're talking about balance in trying to make a insanely under powered frame a little better.  might want to brush up on your comprehension skills buddy.

1 minute ago, jojokaizer said:

you want to talk about balance when trying to making ash a little more fun or better to play? lol... are you special? you must be one of those dum dums who thinks all frames are good too.  guess what they aren't.  I'm gonna let you in on a secret, the game is fun because there isn't a heavy balance on power.  at this point I'm not even sure what point you're even trying to make. you bring up the two frames that contradict your views and now you're talking about balance in trying to make a insanely under powered frame a little better.  might want to brush up on your comprehension skills buddy.

It's ok. I didn't define what I meant by balance. I know that word "triggered" you because simple people grab a buzzword and fly off with it.

Let me try again: there are enough 1 button nuke frames. 

25分钟前 , (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu 说:

Once again: It's not a DPS race.

Yes we can buff the weak frame or you spend twice of time to do the same job and come to forums to complain the game is too difficult/grindy. Just another day of warfame forums

Edited by BRZZAFK

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

1.have control over the clones.

2.Can decide whether you want the clones to attack a single traget or multiple targets around you

Dunno about you, but I already can do that.

And I never bother watching clones.  I just....Mark desired targets, fire and forget.   Shields? Use Invis and good anti shield weapon.  Why do you use Bladestorm if its ineffective?

Its like...Using Fire magic to kill Fire elementals...

Maybe you should spend even more time playing Ash?....Feels like you rely on 4 too much.   Im perfectly fine with how Bladestorm is.  Its one of those abilities that were not degenerated into "standard whole map aoe". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BRZZAFK said:

Yes we can buff the weak frame or you spend twice of time to do the same job and come to forums to complain the game is too difficult/grindy 

If someone complains the game is too grindy or difficult, they're the one that isn't good, has nothing to do with the frame.

You know.....2 people can hold the same sword yet kill different amounts of people in the same time limit lol.

You're taking a massive stratification of people with different skills and reflexes and trying to make it easier for the lowest common denominator.

1 minute ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

It's ok. I didn't define what I meant by balance. I know that word "triggered" you because simple people grab a buzzword and fly off with it.

Let me try again: there are enough 1 button nuke frames.

so you're going to blame me for your inept way of writing? what's next, you want me to read your mind? lol...  the OP talked about changing the 4, I m only bringing up the reason why it wouldn't work and how an AOE 4 would make ash more fun and viable.  we aren't talking about a total rework here, but again... you fail to comprehend the subject.  the only one who seems triggered here is you.  reading comprehension helps here! this is why you stay in school.... lol.

Just now, jojokaizer said:

so you're going to blame me for your inept way of writing? what's next, you want me to read your mind? lol...  the OP talked about changing the 4, I m only bringing up the reason why it wouldn't work and how an AOE 4 would make ash more fun and viable.  we aren't talking about a total rework here, but again... you fail to comprehend the subject.  the only one who seems triggered here is you.  reading comprehension helps here! this is why you stay in school.... lol.

You cant use the blanket word "fun" to make up for your lack of clear reasoning.

"Yea DE, I just thought we should make things more fun for the players! Let's give everyone a nuke cause its fuuun!"

"Let's revert the blood rush, maiming strike and Condition overload changes because of fun!"

See, didnt work.

2 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

just make his 4 in to a damn aoe target skill again. the interactivity of having to highlight enemies is dumb to being with.  he's already a subpar frame, why make his game play even more of a chore?

The devs are more likely to nerf Saryn to work like Ash, than to revert Ash into an AoE frame again. In fact, I would not be surprised if the devs buff Ash/nerf Saryn to work like New Ember, with her cone-based AoE instead of the classic radial AoE

1 minute ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You cant use the blanket word "fun" to make up for your lack of clear reasoning.

"Yea DE, I just thought we should make things more fun for the players! Let's give everyone a nuke cause its fuuun!"

"Let's revert the blood rush, maiming strike and Condition overload changes because of fun!"

See, didnt work.

fun is subjective, and I would say more ppl would actually like those changes reverted.  so yes, aoe ash would be A LOT more fun than he is now. many players agree and have asked for it. I m not sure where you're going with this again...  like I said, you might be playing the wrong game lol

1分钟前 , (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu 说:

If someone complains the game is too grindy or difficult, they're the one that isn't good, has nothing to do with the frame.

You know.....2 people can hold the same sword yet kill different amounts of people in the same time limit lol.

You're taking a massive stratification of people with different skills and reflexes and trying to make it easier for the lowest common denominator.

I would like to see how ash is so perfect that can compete with other frame at any level. If you guys have some secret powerful build that can be meta plz share with us. otherwise i dont see the point of using him. he basically has the S#&$ty version of other frame's ability and dont have any special play style.

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The devs are more likely to nerf Saryn to work like Ash, than to revert Ash into an AoE frame again. In fact, I would not be surprised if the devs buff Ash/nerf Saryn to work like New Ember, with her cone-based AoE instead of the classic radial AoE

anything would be better than what ash is now. I used to main ash and loved him pre rework.  all I can do is wait now.

4 minutes ago, BRZZAFK said:

I would like to see how ash is so perfect that can compete with other frame at any level. If you guys have some secret powerful build that can be meta plz share with us. otherwise i dont see the point of using him. he basically has the S#&$ty version of other frame's ability and dont have any special play style.

"powerful build that can be meta" 

Wow, you just had no problem coming out and saying you're a meta slave that needs 1 button loadouts.

Do you want my Saryn, Equinox and Gara builds? 

I'm glad you found some joy in it. I always enjoy swiping across a line, activating, and then going after it gf er targets, my only complaint is the leash like range, your marked targets will beunmarked if you bullet jump away. I believe you are refunded the energy, but it's really S#&$ty quirk. So I either join them or wait for like 1-3 enemies.

刚才 , (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu 说:

"powerful build that can be meta" 

Wow, you just had no problem coming out and saying you're a meta slave that needs 1 button loadouts.

Do you want my Saryn, Equinox and Gara builds? 

I already have that thanks you🙂. Just admit that ash is a bad frame need to be buff or the rest need to be nerf. Then we are on the same page. 

10 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

fun is subjective, and I would say more ppl would actually like those changes reverted.  so yes, aoe ash would be A LOT more fun than he is now. many players agree and have asked for it. I m not sure where you're going with this again...  like I said, you might be playing the wrong game lol

"I used to main ash and loved him pre rework."

Ah, there it is. So you used to have a nuke button and now you're salty it got taken away? Lol....and who's playing the wrong game again? 

Why'd they fix your nuke button, Mr. Boomer vet lol?