Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible leak via game code? related to infested?

perfect_rain

recently the site Warframe Hub ( warframe.hub ) has been pulling some interesting results from the game. A new tab concerning "hive mind bounties" has appeared, and it's left me, other users, and even the devs confused for what they could be for. Apparently it showed up across all game versions (PC, PS4, etc) so we all thought it could be related to nightwave, but glassmaker has launched, and the bounties still have not changed, and I doubt they'll implement something new later. iirc, the infested have a hive mind (info via infested salvage) so, could this be related to the infested? Also, since it has to do with bounties, could this be hinting that development on a new open world has begun? We have a grineer area, a corpus area, so, potentially a new infested area? Ik DE is working on stuff like Railjack, Liches wave 2, and Duviri, so even is it is part of a new open world, we probably won't hear anything about it for a while (tho tennocon is coming up) anyways, I would love to hear your theories and opinions on the matter.

4 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Sometime ago, the devs said on a devstream they have some plans to further expand the infested content in the game. They  even showed some concept art:

Reveal hidden contents

a547c8849bbcd895937c10e279c825c0.jpg

56918692347d415d8a53d07a1235e2f8.jpg

693f654f0beedffdf098a97259e7d38f.jpg

Maybe those 'hive mind' bounties are related to that, who knows.

That's Railjack stuff with infested Microplanets, but it seems pretty early for that stuff to be hitting especially since they seemed to indicate Corpus Railjack is coming first before Infested Railjack.

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Interestingly enough, it's also showing a third cyclical event alongside Fomorian and Razorback, which begs the question of if we are going to get an Infested version of that.

That's been floating around for a while. Since around the Emissary I believe. People thought it was related to that, but nothing much came of it.

Just now, Loza03 said:

That's been floating around for a while. Since around the Emissary I believe. People thought it was related to that, but nothing much came of it.

It would make sense if this was something for the Assassination mission, because "Assassination bounty"? Could it be something they planned to do but scrapped and has simply stayed there? 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Sometime ago, the devs said on a devstream they have some plans to further expand the infested content in the game. They  even showed some concept art:

Reveal hidden contents

a547c8849bbcd895937c10e279c825c0.jpg

56918692347d415d8a53d07a1235e2f8.jpg

693f654f0beedffdf098a97259e7d38f.jpg

Maybe those 'hive mind' bounties are related to that, who knows.

Don't forget this:

Spoiler

Untitled11.png

At the beginning of the last tennocon, Steve started by saying that he did not want to introduce a new open world on every tennocon so instead they were about to show something else. Something like that. 

Which means to me that they are working on a new open world and more than likely an infested one. No duviri paradox this year, still 2/3 of the year left and no announcement for a futur update this year after Deadlock Protocol. Don't miss the next tennocon. 

4 hours ago, Firetempest said:

DE accidentally leaked a third wheel with razorback and fomorian on console sometime last year I believe it was. They could be rebuilding infested invasions and making a way to fight Zealoid Prelate without rerunning the nightwave.

latest?cb=20200308044147

You can already do that. He's in the Derelict Emissary Assassinate node to farm Pathocyst.

"Assassinate Bounty Ass"... so we already know where it's weak point is? lol.

the fact it has a supposed Syndicate rep reward and different level ranges are interesting: the syndicate thing could just be for an event, but wouldn't it be cool if this was tied to our regular syndicates? like if they were all threatened equally by the infestation somehow, and regardless of who you're allied with, you get rep for them by doing this Assassinate.

different levels could indicate this event or whatever it is, could either be repeated a bunch with increased levels each time, or DE offers multiple tiers to suit both new and veteran players. would be neat IMO, and by giving more rep for higher tiers, vets can't just run the lowest level all the time for efficiency.

or I could just be overthinking it and it's actually a Plague Star timer, who knows.

I've noticed this "Assassins" syndicate as well. It shows up on the world state API.

You can see here details:

https://wf.poedb.tw/us/syndicate.php?c=Assassins

No idea what could it be.

The "hive mind" thing on the OP is also weird, and currently shows what appears to be Ostron reputation ranks:

https://wf.poedb.tw/us/syndicate.php?c=%2F"[PH]+HIVEMIND"

40 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I've noticed this "Assassins" syndicate as well. It shows up on the world state API.

Oh I just remembered. They wanted to make a Stalker syndicate, but the idea was scrapped because of how bad the reception of the Stalker mode was. But this stuff was half-implemented, Rebecca even attacked a few squads as the Stalker during a dev stream. Maybe the Assassins syndicate has something to do with that?

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

It could be another Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon expansion. 

The rewards shown for the Hive Mind Bounties are all Plains of Eidolon bounty rewards, and mostly standard ones at that. Gara and Revenant blueprints, the usual resources, Auger mods, focus lens, et cetera. The interesting thing is that they are different from the other Plains bounties listed, so they don't seem to be filler, drawing from some other pool of rewards to fill space, although, of course, that's not confirmed by any means. I bet you're correct, DrivaMain...

13 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I think he meant the warframe hub devs.

Though admittedly, the idea that Warframe is somehow self modifying in order to baffle DE is a rather amusing mental image.

"Hey, where'd my code go? Been working on that all week. What do you mean it's over there!?"

Well I just hope this open world for infested looks awesome. I need more to do and please dont make us mine, fish, or hunt animals. Can their be a more interesting way of retaining these resources? Those other things miscellaneous things should just be to have fun not for standings or rewards.

15 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Well I just hope this open world for infested looks awesome. I need more to do and please dont make us mine, fish, or hunt animals. Can their be a more interesting way of retaining these resources? Those other things miscellaneous things should just be to have fun not for standings or rewards.

I was kind of hoping for an "underground" vastness on Mars, sort of Sands of Inaros style with loads of infested goodies. Maybe that's not full-on infested territory, but that would be a good place to put it, and it could be "discovered," giving us a new frame or something like that. Anyway, just rambling because your post made me think! (No wonder my brain hurts!) 😄  

9 hours ago, Firetempest said:

DE accidentally leaked a third wheel with razorback and fomorian on console sometime last year I believe it was. They could be rebuilding infested invasions and making a way to fight Zealoid Prelate without rerunning the nightwave.

latest?cb=20200308044147

In case you didn't know, you can already fight the Prelate. It's a node in the Derelict.

edit: I checked to see if someone already said this and I managed to miss the post that did. oops.

Archived