Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS drops, stuttering, after nightwave season 3 update, possible memory leak maybe?

KenshiXCaliber

1 hour ago, CorrinAvatan said:

In looking in my system monitor while running Warframe in windowed mode, what I see is that it's using 60% of my Graphics resources, then will suddenly ramp up to 100%, before it shunts back down to 60; this coincides with the framerate dropping like crazy.

Looking at your log, I'm seeing this:
Gfx [Warning]: ResetDriver called on: Dx11PCDriver

It appears that Dx11 crashes several times, which could explain why your Graphics resources are spiking.

Can you try switching to Dx10 and see if there is any improvement?
Not suggesting you stay in Dx10. Just hoping to rule out Dx11 as a culprit.

8 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Looking at your log, I'm seeing this:

It appears that Dx11 crashes several times, which could explain why your Graphics resources are spiking.

Can you try switching to Dx10 and see if there is any improvement?
Not suggesting you stay in Dx10. Just hoping to rule out Dx11 as a culprit.

Switched to Dx10 via the launcher.  Loaded into my Orbiter, and the framerate dips had no change.

resent the logs from after my loading the game in Dx10 into the ticket.

9 hours ago, xGTyphoonx said:

I am also experiencing this odd stutter/frame dip. I have performed the steps listed above but those did not seem to help.

Unchecking the following in the launcher made these issues go away but I feel this is a red Herring as a buddy of mine on a similar setup has these on and says he does not experience these issues.

*Fix for me*

Uncheck Launcher GPU acceleration and Multi-Threaded Rendering

After doing this I restarted the launcher and the stuttering went away (even in Onslaught).

Either of those options checked, for my situation, will cause some level of stutter but with both it is at its worst. Please note that these issues are the most severe when I am in a multiplayer setting, either with friends or joining a random squad. When joining random squad, the game will freeze momentarily when loading, show the map with everyone loaded in then kick me out of the room stating that I could not connect to host. With the options unchecked I can join with no issue and i don't get that pausing when the game is connecting to hosts. 

I hope this helps.

System

I7 8700k @ 4.7

32gb G SKill 3200

Samsung 960 PRo 512 (game install location)

Gigabtyte Aorus RTX 2080ti XTREME

Windows 10 Pro

EE.log submitted

I haven't been able to sit and do this for long, but turning off these two settings ALSO helped me be able to run a full crossfire relic mission with no issues, and no issues in my Orbiter.

Will try again for a longer play period later today after I do some packing for my move.

Il y a 22 heures, [DE]Linkski a dit :

Hi everyone,

I've gone ahead and merged a few of the more recent threads that have brought up this stuttering. We're currently in the process of trying to track the issue down, so any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, can everyone please make sure to verify and optimize your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher? 

verf5.png

Also, StormWolf1337 brought up a good suggestion. 
If you still experience issues with stuttering after you've verified/optimized the Download Cache, then you might want to try this:

As I mentioned, we are still trying to resolve this issue. If there is any additional information that you can provide, feel free to reply to this thread or submit a support ticket to us here. If you can provide a copy of your EE.log as well, that could potentially help us see where all of the memory is going. Your EE.log can be found here.

Thanks!

Hello

I have tried @StormWolf1337 Suggestion I worked the first Time i tried it but after then the issue appeared again 😞

15 hours ago, CorrinAvatan said:

Switched to Dx10 via the launcher.  Loaded into my Orbiter, and the framerate dips had no change.

resent the logs from after my loading the game in Dx10 into the ticket.

Thanks! So the problem here still appears to be related to those Dx11 driver crashes.

Can you please try a couple more things? (You can switch back to Dx11 now)

1. If I'm not mistaken, it appears that you're playing in full-screen mode. Can you try switching to windowed or borderless windowed mode? Do you still experience those framerate drops even after restarting the game?

2. If you do, then you might want to check Windows Update to make sure that your DirectX is up to date. It looks like you're using DirectX 12 with your system, and there is no easy way to reinstall that, so should make sure you're using the latest version. That way any missing DirectX files will be overwritten with the latest patches of DX12.

3. If Windows Update looks good, then you might want to reinstall your GPU drivers, as these have been known to cause problems with DirectX in the past. I would recommend using a program like Display Driver Uninstaller to remove your current drivers, restart your PC, and then grab the latest drivers from Nvidia's website.

Warframe's performance has been getting worse with each new update. I used to be able to run the game on max settings, at 45~60fps with my old PC a little over a year ago, then on august i bought a new PC(much better than it) and while at first the performance got better(perfect 60fps), over time it got worse and worse. Currently, open areas such as Orbis Valis and the plains have a LOT of lag, going down to 30fps sometimes.

There needs to be some performance updates for the game. The past few updates have not added enough graphical improvements to the game to justify such lag. There are many games with better graphics and yet good performance(such as destiny, where even open areas dont lag half as much, and look much better)

17 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Thanks! So the problem here still appears to be related to those Dx11 driver crashes.

Can you please try a couple more things? (You can switch back to Dx11 now)

1. If I'm not mistaken, it appears that you're playing in full-screen mode. Can you try switching to windowed or borderless windowed mode? Do you still experience those framerate drops even after restarting the game?

2. If you do, then you might want to check Windows Update to make sure that your DirectX is up to date. It looks like you're using DirectX 12 with your system, and there is no easy way to reinstall that, so should make sure you're using the latest version. That way any missing DirectX files will be overwritten with the latest patches of DX12.

3. If Windows Update looks good, then you might want to reinstall your GPU drivers, as these have been known to cause problems with DirectX in the past. I would recommend using a program like Display Driver Uninstaller to remove your current drivers, restart your PC, and then grab the latest drivers from Nvidia's website.

1.  Yes, I still experience the framerate issues in such a case.  turning off the two settings mentioned by Stormwolf helped for a bit, but after today's hotfix the issue occurs even when it isn't selected.

2.  Windows Update states I have no updates to download.

3.  This has been done.  No change/issue still occurs

@[DE]Linkski This issue has made the game really unplayable for me and many other players, i was really excited with the update and Nightwave the Glassmaker event,  i played it when it first came out with no issue then the problem occurred and i had to stop playing since then which really sucks 😞 

Please Fix 

Am 15.5.2020 um 14:08 schrieb br0keback:

I thought i was the only one with this issue, i've been having major FPS drops and Stutters in Fortuna and Poe and it all started after the Update, and the frustrating thing about this is they're not addressing it

Same to me, I have a GeForce 1650, i7 and 32gb RAM. The Game fps drops and my performance is: CPU 50%, RAM 23%, HDD 2%, GPU 50%.

I see no changes, but if the fps drops, the GPU % goes down o_O

I ve tested alot of other games, all fine there.

on my case(ryzen 3 2200G, 16Gb of Ram, GTX 1050 TI OC) the game doesnt use too much RAM nor GPU memory(only consuming 2 out of the 4GB available) but it easilly gets the GPU processing to 90+ %

I have recently been having similar issues but mine happens when logging into the game or returning to the Orbiter from a mission.

I have a GTX1080 I7-8700K running at 4.7ghz and 32GB of DDR-3200 RAM. https://builds.gg/jman31337/firefly-serenity-pc-build-12327

Game is on a SSD (verified and optimized) and operating system is on a M.2 fully updated.

Wondering if this could just be a networking issue or delay time between game and server? My connection is 450Mbps Download 25Mbps Upload.

On 2020-06-02 at 3:06 PM, Mohmi said:

after the last 2 patches, its more unstable like before oO

14 hours ago, Mohmi said:

Any new informations?

Nothing new, really but for some people the issue started right after downloading the Windows v2004 update. It only happens with Warframe, strangely enough.

В 13.05.2020 в 05:13, KenshiXCaliber сказал:

I'm just wondering, is anyone else getting weird stutters in the orbiter or am I the lucky one stuck with this issue?

not on orbiter. i experience fps drop and stutters when  i use a waframe. in average i had like 80 fps, now i can only see them if i use operator, in warframe fps drops down to 16.

and it start happen just recently, 3 or 4 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on this? I'm running a rtx 2060 with a ryzen 5 3600 and 16gb of ddr 4 3600mhz and I can't mantain 144fps at 1080p. People with simillar setups can easily get over 144 and I over around 100-120 in ESO for example.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-05-20 at 5:11 AM, xGTyphoonx said:

Unchecking the following in the launcher made these issues go away but I feel this is a red Herring as a buddy of mine on a similar setup has these on and says he does not experience these issues.

*Fix for me*

After doing this I restarted the launcher and the stuttering went away (even in Onslaught).

Bro, this seems to have fixed my stuttering problem! Even the loading times is significantly faster than before! It's really weird considering that these options should help with the performance but disabling them made the stuttering go away. Thanks for this! Will observe in the next few days if the problem comes back.

On 2020-05-20 at 5:11 AM, xGTyphoonx said:

*Fix for me*

Bro, this seems to have fixed my stuttering problem! Even the loading times is significantly faster than before! It's really weird considering that these options should help with the performance but disabling them made the stuttering go away. Thanks for this! Will observe in the next few days if the problem comes back.

Archived