Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I give up. I have been defeated.

o0Despair0o

Defeated by the almighty RNGesus.

I've been farming for Void Hole on and off ever since Empyrean first released, actively farmed for it for the past few days.

And it it just. doesn't. frickin. drop. My Railjack is completely upgraded in every way. The only thing I can't get is this damn void hole.

Heck, last I checked, "Fiery Phoenix" has the same drop rate from the same enemy as Void Hole. I got FP's for days but no god damn VH.

I get shivers just thinking about Gian Point at this stage. Why have you forsaken me, RNGesus? Why?

I can feel my mind slipping away with each fighter shot down, and each crewship annihilated. With every munition vortex fired. With every seeker swarm launched. With every seeker-missile-that-somehow-doesn't-seek-anymore fired. Simply looking at my FNS Farragut drives me to tears, because I know I will return emtpy handed once more.

Please, make it stop. I can't take this any longer, RNGesus. Compared to this, the one week grind for Ivara back in the day was nothing.

EDIT: Welp, tried out Ruse War Field. Got nuthin'. Hell I'm gonna play some Star Citizen now.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Heck, last I checked, "Fiery Phoenix" has the same drop rate from the same enemy as Void Hole. I got FP's for days but no god damn VH.

I get shivers just thinking about Gian Point at this stage. Why have you forsaken me, RNGesus? Why?

Have you tried the War Field instead? There seems to be better ratio of mobs and drops there, imo. Keep trying, it does exist and was a pain to get :P

7 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I've been farming for Void Hole on and off ever since Empyrean first released

Welcome to the club. I maxed out all Intrinsics too, so continuing the farm would feel like a colossal waste of time. At least Tether is a viable substitute.

Are u on PC?  Hit me up this weekend if u want a VH. Hendrix923

Took me a literal month of running Gian Point to get it.  Of course no joke I got 2 in a row after the first dropped with a migration in between. RNG is a B. 

I usually try to farm stuff. Most of the time I have no issues. But if conventional farm keeps failing me for too long I just give up, and try a more secondary method of farming - grind other thing (riven, arcanes, demanded mods, etc.) and sell them for whatever amount of plat I need to buy the thing I was initially farming.

This holds true for me specially because I follow one rule for farming: "If it's new, it's likely expensive, so farm it. If some time has passed and I still haven't got it, then buy it at the now-lower price and be done with the blasted thing".

• Like 1

RnGesus . Remember when we used to Yell "PLEASE BE ENDO!" at the end of sorties and we got everything but endo.

Try this but with Void hole lol ask for something else ^.^ 

Btw on all honesty i feel your pain tenno ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

18 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Void Hole isn't even that good anymore in comparison to other battle avionics. It's fine if you stop farming it and take a break.

I disagree.   I use total less resources and overall less time with void hole still.  But I understand how to operate in a 3D enviroment and group targets up.   This also keeps the necessary slots open to be able to use the main gun without worry about using up my ammo.  Can usually get through 2-3 missions before needing to head back base without need to head to engineering.  

• Like 2

Maybe... Just maybe... You should consider buying it from other players? Because it's kinda exchange of grind. Like you surely could have farmed a buttload of vaulted axi from bounties and made enough plat to get 10 void holes in the meantime or something. 

It's not a sin to do this. Bashing your head against rngesus is not healthy for your tenno! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Well it would be a good idea to check again now because the only ones that can drop fiery phoenix are Elite Exo Cutters and Exo Outriders. There's just more cutters generally than Elite Exo Flaks (those are the one that drop VH). R-9 Cloud and Ruse War Field has a good amount of Elite Exo Flaks. I would recommend Ruse War Field as there's only one PoI there (even though it has the strongest enemies). Actually, I'm not entirely sure Elite Exo Flaks spawn in Gian Point anymore. Maybe 1 or 2 but most of them are just Exo Flaks.

But yeah, given how I've tried farming Hyperstrike along with Void Hole (and it never dropped) I can see how hard it can be.

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Actually I think I got that one.

If you'd been only farming Gian Point then you got incredibly lucky. Exo Outriders are really rare (maybe 3 spawns per mission?) and it has the worst drop rate (0.07%) out of any other mob (possibly any avionic).

There's all sort of struggle right now with the avionics for new people.