The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bind interaction with pet to E again

Juuyon

Interacting with your pet on your orbiter used to be bound to E. For whatever reason, this got changed to X a while ago. This has resulted in me and members of my clan regularly accidentally interacting with the pet instead of the Arsenal when we're trying to change something in a hurry and your pet is nearby. This is especially egregious if you're trying to fix something before the start timer counts down.

• Like 3

I have the opposite problem; I keep unintentionally opening the Foundry menu or going into the Arsenal, when all I wanted to do was pat my beast on the head.

I... did not originally discover that the Melee button allows interaction with pets outside of the Incubator by attempting to beat my Kavat... honest. 🥴

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

I have the opposite problem; I keep unintentionally opening the Foundry menu or going into the Arsenal, when all I wanted to do was pat my beast on the head.

Same, if only it'd favour petting my pupper I'd be happy. There's that annoying corner in the right side of the cockpit where it's bloody difficult to tell my pupper how much of a good girl she is.

That being said, yeah I wish they'd kept it E as well because now we have one button trying to do everything in a tight space instead, but I'm also still against execute/mercy being on X.

• Like 1

Hardcoded binds are always a bad idea. You interact with your pet with the same button your interact with everything else because you interact with both with your "Interact" key. Insisting that "E isn't bound to anything else" is false on its face. It's bound to Interact FOR ME, because key rebinding exists on PC.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Hardcoded binds are always a bad idea. You interact with your pet with the same button your interact with everything else because you interact with both with your "Interact" key. Insisting that "E isn't bound to anything else" is false on its face. It's bound to Interact FOR ME, because key rebinding exists on PC.

I obviously mean there should be separate keybinds for this. Putting both on Interact is just causing issues.

• Like 2

I thought that was a bug, it happened to me while trying to access the incubator and my pet is on it, if you do it too fast you'll keep interacting with your pet, now you have to wait a bit for the X to show up on the incubator.

Another reason to change it back.