I am new and have problem with other players

I started the game the day before.Before I started, I watched youtube videos and read many wiki pages.My reason for starting the game is just because I want to do pve online, not pvp.There are already three different games that I actively play pvp and its different style has led me to this game.Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a pretty good pvp player, I wanted to relax and play here.I learned a lot about the game before I started the game and, unlike the recommended, I started with volt.I'm currently at the maximum level and I'm doing tasks.I always have problems when I play with other players in the game.Let's say the task is over, but a player does not come to the finish area and dance.Many players are struggling to fail missions, for example.There are those who deliberately try to ring alarms while alarms should not sound, or those who knowingly fail to end the task.I could be max lvl in my first four or five hours in the game.But because of the abundance of this type of players, I stopped many missions.I am a very well-known player in a different game.Pay and play that game.I have to say that this type of behavior has never been observed there.It is immediately punished with a permanent account ban.Nobody has the right to deliberately harm the gamer's experience.This game is a free game, so I think the penalties will not care much.I usually play the game for one person and to say it clearly, the online mode has been rendered unusable by such players.There are troll players in every game.While some games are successful in fighting it, some games don't even care.So this game is free.I don't know if I can keep playing.Even if I don't pay, I can continue a different game where I pay.Why should I deal with this type of player in a game I play to relax?

The thing with Warframe is when you enter a public game you expect public behaviour. You cannot force others to play how you want, be prepared to carry the mission, or go in with the mindset of just finishing the mission and be happy if you get carried.

So basically you're expecting people to play the missions how YOU want, mind you extra spacing would have been useful when reading all that. 

Based on the above it sounds like you're basically rushing the missions, while others in the group are using their heads to pick up resources and the likes..

There is a solo mode if you want to 'rush' the content of the early levels.

Your post makes it sound like you've encountered more "problem" players in 2 days than I have in one and a half years.  Are you sure you're understanding player behaviors as well as you think?

If you're on very early nodes, you may be playing with very new players who don't yet know the game, nor player etiquette and convention.  They're going to make mistakes, and that's okay.  Not everybody tripping an alarm in Spy is trolling you.

Despite watching some videos before diving in (good call!), you may not yet understand some of these conventions as well as you may think, either, and may be making missteps of your own.  You sound impatient.

There are other things to do in a mission, not only the main objective. You can gather various types of resources, hunt for a synthesis target, look for catches in Sabotage missions, etc. So even when the other players know what they are doing (watching tutorial videos before starting to play isn't the norm in any game), them being there may have a whole different reason. Maybe your teammate only started that Capture mission because they've read their synthesis target spawns there with a 100% chance, not for the sake of doing the Capture mission itself - naturally they won't rush to extraction with you after the mission objective is completed.

I'm not saying there aren't trolls and leechers in this game, but what you've described as behaviour to be banned is really just normal gameplay. You're too impatient with others. Playing in random squads in Warframe might be a good chance to work on your patience and empathy, or if you don't want to change your attitude, recruit for a team, as others have suggested above.  

Your problem is in assuming these people are doing what they're doing specifically to troll or work against what you're doing. While there is the occasional troll I assure you this is not what you're experiencing most if not all the time.

There is a dozen different things a player can be doing a specific mission for be it ranking, farming resources/mods, farming focus, scanning enemies/objects, Nightwave acts, build testing, a mission specific objective like Syndicate medalions or resource cashes, etc.

Just because you went into a public lobby and other people aren't in said lobby to do solely what you went in there to do it doesn't mean they're trying to give you a hard time. If your plan in running a mission is to complete it as fast as possible then you don't want to be running public anyways or at least you want to form your own squad via recruitment chat or whatever other means you want.

However if they are deliberately trolling then go to the support page and report them with prof of said act. But if they aren't specifically doing something that is against the game's terms then they aren't doing anything wrong.

Uhh... I think thats typical behaviour you found on public, You may as well play in solo mode if you can't handle such behaviour or pursuing something important.

It sounds like many of the things you are experiencing aren't "trolling" behaviours, but simply players doing things you don't understand or know about yet.

As you're very early on, it may seem incredibly important to you to stealth your way through spy vaults slowly and steadily. For the vast majority of players the only important aspect is that the console gets hacked, alarms don't really matter unless you care about the bonus XP for doing them undetected.

As for intentionally not finishing the objective, there are many, many things in missions that aren't listed as the main objective. On saboutage missions players may be looking for the optional caches. Earth missions have plants on the ground that can be scanned to craft gear later on. There is also Nightwave which often has tasks that low level missions make faster, and there's daily missions with Simaris that require going to specific missions to look for a specific mission.

There's also many players who will simply be new and not know they're not doing something the way others may want.

If you do not like how others are playing, switch off public mode and play alone/with people you trust to play how you want. Nothing you're talking about is bannable at all. I'm over 3000 hours in and I'd say I've run into maybe 1-2 troll players total.

My advice is to look for people in recruiting or region chat, there are usually friendly players willing to help and generally make the game more enjoyable for newer players

1 hour ago, EriniyPrime said:

Why should I deal with this type of player in a game I play to relax?

here's the number one most important lesson you'll learn in warframe;

public games = dice roll.

when you use public matchmaking,. you are actively consenting to having literally anyone in your team, be they incredibly skilled experienced players, or toxic trolls and clueless noobs, and everything else in between. we have other matchmaking options that help circumvent these problems.

- solo play, which has the benefit of allowing you to pause the game in most modes. nobody else can interfere, and if you need to AFK, you can.

- invite only., so you have total control over who joins.

- friends only, so only those close to you can join, but they can do so freely, without need of invitation.

- we also have a recruit chat that you can use to ask for like-minded players or request help from others, should you need it. there are usually some veterans who help others lurking around.

whatever you do, don't ever expect public games to go your way: not only will you set yourself up for a lot of disappointment, but if you start saying people should do X and Y, you're gonna make yourself a target of abuse. don't give trolls ammunition. if you're experienced at team PvP games, then you should already know what happens when you get matched with a shoddy team: the same rules apply here, the only difference is you're not fighting players, just AI. 

Just keep pushing through it until you get out of newbland. I would suggest setting your matchmaking to solo unless you are having a hard time beating something until you get into higher level areas. This game does a piss poor job of explaining things so a lot of new players end up doing whatever. 

Your mistake is assuming that people are "knowingly" doing something to harm you. I'd rather bet that they don't care about you.

I am often pursuing goals in mission that are not important to the mission objective. Players may be hunting a specific resource, completing Nightwave or Riven challenges, they may be new and exploring, etc.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb EriniyPrime:

I am a very well-known player in a different game.

For what kind of activity are you well known? There are some well known people posting on this forum and that's not necessarily something positive.

If I get this straight you are new to the game and you're mad because people arent rushing?

Uhm thank them instead if you are new since spending slightly more time in the missions means you wont have to go back later to get the mats you need. Rushing is extremely counter productive that early on. I would more understand if you were disappointed in rushers rushing when you still need mats as a new player.

I dont really think you get WF given how you seem extremely focused on level, which is the smallest part of WF progression.

As a general rule of thumb, always pretend that you're playing alone and everyone and everything is against you. Makes it easier to deal with trolls and other useless people.

If your new to the game you don’t really have rights to complain about other people since there is no way you know everything about the gameplay or player etiquette this early on. Public missions don’t revolve around YOU and what you want. There are other people with other objectives of their own there. If you want everything to go your way either recruit your own squad or play solo. If your gonna play in public your gonna have to accept the fact that other people are gonna do things differently. And if there is some who is trolling intentionally and you can prove it then report them with some evidence and they will be punished accordingly.

Ace attorney meme: "The defense would like to cross examine the witness".

1).There are already three different games that I actively play pvp. Reread yourself man, also it is not an argument, everybody nowadays plays 15 games at once. Also the paradygm of pvp beeing more skilled than pve, is not necessarily true, except at very high levels(like the 0.1% tryhard skilled).

2) I started with volt.I'm currently at the maximum level. Having a warframe rank 30 doesn't mean much on your power level. I've seen probably thousands of high MR players very far from beeing min maxed.

3) Let's say the task is over, but a player does not come to the finish area and dance. As a newbie player, most of the time you'll go faster with pubbies trolling you at the end of the mission. Have you read chat? This behavior is rare, maybe they were actually trying to communicate with you.

4) There are those who deliberately try to ring alarms while alarms should not sound. Alarms ring liberally, it is like that since day 1.

5) Those who knowingly fail to end the task. It almost never happened to me, when it happens it is generally to make a point, and there is never fire without smoke. If the mission fails but not on purpose, it is because EVERYBODY in the mission sucks, in warframe failure is fully exclusive, except in spy sorties you need only 1 player to be awake.

6) Why should I deal with this type of player in a game I play to relax? Why should others players deal with you as well? Have fun with others instead, at the end of the day it is a casual game, if they #*!% with you do the same with them. Build yourself memories :).

Archived