AshenHaze

Log-In Rewards

So, I work a rotating 12-hour shift. This generally gives me three or four days off a week  depending on which week it is. I logged in today just to do a quick  roam around and am greeted with a 12-hour booster.

There's virtually no way I'll receive a lick of benefit from this because my shift starts in approximately two hours. Why can't I save it for later again?

• Like 1

Login rewards are garbage, and boosters are worse because they dont apply just for in-game time, but rather soon as they activate they count down

DE doesnt care though

• Like 1

Agreed. Some people will insist that these kinds of boosters are there to push you into playing more via FOMO, but... Well, as you note, that really isn't an option in a lot of cases. Some people will tell you to just not play before daily rollover or stay in your Dojo since you can't get daily rewards then.

Me personally? I say turn Daily login boosters into coupons we can redeem at our discretion. Maybe give them a 48 expiration limit or some such. Daily rollover here happens at 2AM, so any booster I get isn't going to get used.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Login rewards are garbage, and boosters are worse because they dont apply just for in-game time, but rather soon as they activate they count down

I disagree. Typing in your password and being given Oxium in decent quantities, missing blueprints, Forma, Relics, Endo, milestones, and boosters are pretty good. If you can't use a booster, you can't use a booster. You didn't buy it, you just logged in and got one. I recently got a 3 day mod booster from Sorties and used maybe 1 hour of the 3 days because I honestly had no desire to farm any rare Mods/Avionics.

I think you're forgetting that the login system before U18 was horrendous with Sentinel Affinity and other filler rewards. The Tribute system was a massive step in a good direction.

If we are to get boosters that can be activated, expect their duration to take a serious cut.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Voltage said:

I disagree. Typing in your password and being given Oxium in decent quantities, missing blueprints, Forma, Relics, Endo, milestones, and boosters are pretty good. If you can't use a booster, you can't use a booster. You didn't buy it, you just logged in and got one. I recently got a 3 day mod booster from Sorties and used maybe 1 hour of the 3 days because I honestly had no desire to farm any rare Mods/Avionics.

I think you're forgetting that the login system before U18 was horrendous with Sentinel Affinity and other filler rewards. The Tribute system was a massive step in a good direction.

If we are to get boosters that can be activated, expect their duration to take a serious cut.

Cherry picking HARD. Day 1500 I got 3 formas as my reward... 35plat for 1 thousand and a half days of consistent logins... no thats not okay. I dont need oxium, I have no missing bps (those only cost around 10k credits anyway btw), Ive never got a relic but I have thousands I can never use completely anyway, endo I have 200k and 12 legendary cores, and they stopped milestones after day 1000. Boosters are trash because Id rather have an hour or 2 when I CHOOSE, rather than missing out completely. I think youre forgetting that getting 12 detonite ampules (not even actual detonites) or 20k credits, or a small amount of old rescources that have no use anymore is completely garbage

Voltage its now 100% clear you never played any other game with login rewards before, if youre seriously defending the trash we get in warframe. Most games offer 1 to 3 hours XP and resource boost on login, plus have a weekly/monthly card system with increasingly better rewards, and toss in free slots/cosmetics/premium currency (even if its not tradeable)

Im willing to bet you dont even play warframe anymore, probably just sit on the forums defending it all day

Login rewards are trash to all but the first week noobs, and really need to be reworked yet again

Boosters need to be applied only when in mission, I know for a fact you dont use all 12 to 48 hours so youre losing out like everyone else, yet still defending the broken system

EDIT - Voltage maybe take a break from the heavily cherry picked and overly censored wf forums and check reddit sometime for actual player feedback. Almost daily complaints about how bad login rewards are, heres one from today

Edited by (PS4)True_Reclaimer
additional link
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Cherry picking HARD. Day 1500 I got 3 formas as my reward... 35plat for 1 thousand and a half days of consistent logins... no thats not okay. I dont need oxium, I have no missing bps (those only cost around 10k credits anyway btw), Ive never got a relic but I have thousands I can never use completely anyway, endo I have 200k and 12 legendary cores, and they stopped milestones after day 1000. Boosters are trash because Id rather have an hour or 2 when I CHOOSE, rather than missing out completely. I think youre forgetting that getting 12 detonite ampules (not even actual detonites) or 20k credits, or a small amount of old rescources that have no use anymore is completely garbage

I didn't say the rewards couldn't be better, just that what we have is pretty good. 3 Formas at 1500 days is fine only because if the reward was exceedingly good, it would make players who have not been playing for 4 years feel bad that they aren't there. The Tribute system got out of hand quickly with how many exclusive milestones were added, so we got evergreen rewards in place. It's really nice actually as once you hit over 1000, you are not pushed to continue logging in because it stops mattering as much. That is a healthy design choice in the long term. Log-in rewards are not supposed to be better than most mission rewards. You are literally typing in your password with your computer/console. Why should a log-in give you more than multiple invasions worth of Detonite? I don't like getting trash resources, but the log-in system at 1500 days will likely not have something to your satisfaction without breaking the economy even more.

Voltage its now 100% clear you never played any other game with login rewards before, if youre seriously defending the trash we get in warframe. Most games offer 1 to 3 hours XP and resource boost on login, plus have a weekly/monthly card system with increasingly better rewards, and toss in free slots/cosmetics/premium currency (even if its not tradeable)

Just because other games have a different system doesn't mean this one needs to follow their trends. I would like if I stopped getting Detonite Ampules, Fieldron Samples, Neurodes, Orokin Cells, Neural Sensors, etc. for login, but asking for Platinum is quite ridiculous.

Im willing to bet you dont even play warframe anymore, probably just sit on the forums defending it all day

I've been playing almost everyday since 2015, and I heavily criticize DE all the time. Just because I like one thing about this game doesn't mean I will defend whatever DE does. This comment right here is completely off topic and attacking me as a player rather than my ideas and opinions.

Login rewards are trash to all but the first week noobs, and really need to be reworked yet again

They can definitely use some tuning based on player progression, but some of the rewards are quite nice to me personally even though 90% of the login rewards are things I won't use.

Boosters need to be applied only when in mission, I know for a fact you dont use all 12 to 48 hours so youre losing out like everyone else, yet still defending the broken system

Again, if you want boosters to apply in mission, their duration would be heavily cut. 50 hour boosters from logins that are applied only while in mission would completely trivialize the game, and that's not even including Prime Access or market boosters. I would appreciate boosters applying during missions, and I would urge them to see a duration cut given how broken it would be otherwise.

EDIT - Voltage maybe take a break from the heavily cherry picked and overly censored wf forums and check reddit sometime for actual player feedback. Almost daily complaints about how bad login rewards are, heres one from today

The structure of r/Warframe is more horrendous than the Forums. I won't waste long periods of time scrolling past multiple Anime fan-art adaptations to find 1 good feedback discussion only to potentially be down-voted by mob mentality for having an opinion that does not align with everyone else over there. The Forums have their issues, but I find it to be a better outlet for actual game discussion rather than memes and fan-art.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

check reddit sometime for actual player feedback. Almost daily complaints about how bad login rewards are

I laughed.

Dumb physics bug videos, memes and fan art are posted daily, the login rewards complaints are not.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AshenHaze said:

Why can't I save it for later again?

because they want you to pay for it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, --Q--Above said:

Just login more often for longer boosters tbh

Maybe if we had the option for boosters more than twice a month. I login daily Im at 1501 now

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

I didn't say the rewards couldn't be better, just that what we have is pretty good. 3 Formas at 1500 days is fine only because if the reward was exceedingly good, it would make players who have not been playing for 4 years feel bad that they aren't there. The Tribute system got out of hand quickly with how many exclusive milestones were added, so we got evergreen rewards in place. It's really nice actually as once you hit over 1000, you are not pushed to continue logging in because it stops mattering as much. That is a healthy design choice in the long term. Log-in rewards are not supposed to be better than most mission rewards. You are literally typing in your password with your computer/console. Why should a log-in give you more than multiple invasions worth of Detonite? I don't like getting trash resources, but the log-in system at 1500 days will likely not have something to your satisfaction without breaking the economy even more.

Just because other games have a different system doesn't mean this one needs to follow their trends. I would like if I stopped getting Detonite Ampules, Fieldron Samples, Neurodes, Orokin Cells, Neural Sensors, etc. for login, but asking for Platinum is quite ridiculous.

I've been playing almost everyday since 2015, and I heavily criticize DE all the time. Just because I like one thing about this game doesn't mean I will defend whatever DE does. This comment right here is completely off topic and attacking me as a player rather than my ideas and opinions.

They can definitely use some tuning based on player progression, but some of the rewards are quite nice to me personally even though 90% of the login rewards are things I won't use.

Again, if you want boosters to apply in mission, their duration would be heavily cut. 50 hour boosters from logins that are applied only while in mission would completely trivialize the game, and that's not even including Prime Access or market boosters. I would appreciate boosters applying during missions, and I would urge them to see a duration cut given how broken it would be otherwise.

The structure of r/Warframe is more horrendous than the Forums. I won't waste long periods of time scrolling past multiple Anime fan-art adaptations to find 1 good feedback discussion only to potentially be down-voted by mob mentality for having an opinion that does not align with everyone else over there. The Forums have their issues, but I find it to be a better outlet for actual game discussion rather than memes and fan-art.

Im on PS4 as the name suggests, I dont type in a password. But its not how hard or easy it is to login, as a reward it should INCENTIVISE players to do so

People that complain that free rewards are locked/timegated behind logins therefore their broken logic is to keep rewards minimal, are hurting the game. These are the people that complained when Universal Medallions could be used for Conclave standing. These are the people that complain about UniVac and needed a whole augment to stop vacuum on Titania. 

Have you checked Nightwave, ever?

• Great rewards
  • Unique items
  • Cosmetics
  • Slots
  • Currency
  • Even rivens and kuva
  • All timegated
  • All play-gated
  • People still complain

So if Nightwave can do it, then login rewards absolutely could offer better stuff

I think its a huge missed opportunity to not give out small amounts of untradeable plat, but even Universal Medallions could be a better reward than detonite ampules

And the issue with boosters, besides not being able to apply them when you want, is they arent offered daily on login. You really think it would B R E A K the game or DE to give us 60 mins of boost on every login?? WOW. Thats greed on their part, and ignorance on anyone that defends it.

Boosters completely trivialize the game you say? So you are claiming warframe is pay2win then? And in a way that forces you to pay, or lag behind. Not too sure about that Volt, and youre worried about boosters when you can literally buy any frame/weapon/mod/etc with plat or cash and also rush nearly everything... 🤔 Only issue is warframe has no "winning" nor even proper endgame or PVP, but thats a whole other can of worms

2 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

And the issue with boosters, besides not being able to apply them when you want, is they arent offered daily on login. You really think it would B R E A K the game or DE to give us 60 mins of boost on every login?? WOW. Thats greed on their part, and ignorance on anyone that defends it.

Boosters completely trivialize the game you say? So you are claiming warframe is pay2win then? And in a way that forces you to pay, or lag behind. Not too sure about that Volt, and youre worried about boosters when you can literally buy any frame/weapon/mod/etc with plat or cash and also rush nearly everything... 🤔 Only issue is warframe has no "winning" nor even proper endgame or PVP, but thats a whole other can of worms

Slow down there dude. No where did I say it was pay to win or anything of the sort. I also didn't say I disapprove from boosters on login. I don't like the idea of the current booster timers staying the same but being applied in mission. If you got a booster that only applied in-mission for 60 minutes, that would be fine as a login reward. I'm not going to carry on this thread/discussion when only one of us is reading the others' opinions. Have a good one 🙂

Every time someone posts a complaint thread about login rewards, I want to retroactively take away every login reward they've ever gotten and make sure they never get them again.

You're playing a game that you can play for free. You're getting some free stuff. Sure it's designed to encourage you to log in but all you had to do was spend a few seconds logging into the game. Some rewards will be more useful to some people depending on their progress in the game.

The OP should be glad they still have a job right now. Lots of people do not.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Every time someone posts a complaint thread about login rewards, I want to retroactively take away every login reward they've ever gotten and make sure they never get them again.

You're playing a game that you can play for free. You're getting some free stuff. Sure it's designed to encourage you to log in but all you had to do was spend a few seconds logging into the game. Some rewards will be more useful to some people depending on their progress in the game.

The OP should be glad they still have a job right now. Lots of people do not.

Everytime I see someone defend a paid product that offers free content I want to retroactively remove all the money they ever acquired because I want them to truly experience everything "free" and not be hypocrites. If everyone played for "free" then DE would have zero profits and the game would cease to exist. ALL platinum traded is P A I D. The fact that slots cost platinum - platinum which CANNOT be earned by playing or through logins, means either you pay for plat, or you scrub it off someone else that paid. Nothing is actually free. Time has a value to most people, yourself excluded of course, that means people wont waste their time if they dont feel it is fully rewarded or respected

Telling someone they should be happy to have a job is an irrelevant strawman, though without a job, its understandable why you cannot pay for plat. That being said, someone that works is a potential plat buying customer, which is why logins DO have plat coupons of up to 75% off to entice paid purchases (only on PC, because DE caters to them alone, so 75% of warframe platforms unfairly do not get plat bundle coupons, but rather a single use single non bundle item coupon for ingame market). And thus your whole comment is invalidated completely

Edited by (PS4)True_Reclaimer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Everytime I see someone defend a paid product that offers free content I want to retroactively remove all the money they ever acquired because I want them to truly experience everything "free" and not be hypocrites. If everyone played for "free" then DE would have zero profits and the game would cease to exist. ALL platinum traded is P A I D. The fact that slots cost platinum which CANNOT be earned by playing or through logins, means either you pay for plat, or you scrub it off someone else that paid. Nothing is actually free. Time has a value to most people, yourself excluded of course, that means people wont waste their time if they dont feel it is fully rewarded or respected

Absolutely, money has to be put into the game or the game would not exist. But the login freebies are just that, free. Ok, if you want a nickel for the 10 seconds it took you to log in, fine, but they are indeed free. What you choose to do with them is up to you. The rest of the game and slots? Sure those cost time and money. This thread is about login rewards, not the grand scheme of the game.

Telling someone they should be happy to have a job is an irrelevant strawman, though without a job, its understandable why you cannot pay for plat. That being said, someone that works is a potential plat buying customer, which is why logins DO have plat coupons of up to 75% off. And thus your whole comment is invalidated completely

Again, this thread is about login rewards. I brought up the job thing only in regards to how it affected the OPs ability to play the game when they wanted to since it affected their ability to utilize a login booster they got. I didn't mention plat at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hobie-wan said:

Absolutely, money has to be put into the game or the game would not exist. But the login freebies are just that, free. Ok, if you want a nickel for the 10 seconds it took you to log in, fine, but they are indeed free. What you choose to do with them is up to you. The rest of the game and slots? Sure those cost time and money. This thread is about login rewards, not the grand scheme of the game.

Again, this thread is about login rewards. I brought up the job thing only in regards to how it affected the OPs ability to play the game when they wanted to since it affected their ability to utilize a login booster they got. I didn't mention plat at all.

Right and how do you get boosters to apply when you need them?

You have to buy them. With Plat

Class, how do we get plat again? 

Thats right! Someone has to pay 

Good job, we are making progress

3 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Right and how do you get boosters to apply when you need them?

You don't need them.

I've never bought one with plat. I'm not sure I've ever bought one from Baro. I could have and forgotten, but those would also be available without plat. I've made use of them when I happen to get one and I have played long enough that they last several days when I get one at login. But even as a new player, I wasn't tempted into them.

Good job, we are making progress

No, we're done here.

2 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

You don't need them.

I've never bought one with plat. I'm not sure I've ever bought one from Baro. I could have and forgotten, but those would also be available without plat. I've made use of them when I happen to get one and I have played long enough that they last several days when I get one at login. But even as a new player, I wasn't tempted into them.

No, we're done here.

You dont need cosmetics either, but Ill bet the money I worked hard for, that you still have plenty!

You* are done here, because my factual logic beats your emotional reactions

Stop criticizing those that work hard and want their time respected, just worry about yourself and enjoy your "free" game. Leave the feedback to the paying customers 👍

I'm not arguing your point, any increase in time would be helpful; but MR does benefit these boosters.  The higher your MR, the longer the boost.  By MR 28, I can use my booster the next day!  I find them very useful.  

It would be nice to have the option of saving the booster for a more convenient time.  A balance could be a slower decay rate for offline time or simply not getting certain rewards?

On 2020-05-17 at 8:00 PM, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Maybe if we had the option for boosters more than twice a month. I login daily Im at 1501 now

i get one every 3-4 days.... its rng, and i have enough login days to get 42 hour boosters nad i use them when  can

during the 2x exp weekend i got an exp booster so iwent and played railjack and get 400 intrinsics in 2 hours or so and i was piloting the entire time