Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hold R1 Button Fishing Menu Glitch

(PSN)Dough_Nutz

I don't know if this has been reported yet, but I changed my R1 Button from the default to Jump.  Now, every time I go into fishing mode and the mini menu (with bait, poles, ect) pop up and says to "Hold R1" to activate the mini options it doesn't do it.

Playing around with the configurations I realize that as long as some kind of action (slide, roll, melee, duck, etc) is assigned to R1 the mini menu cannot activate.  I had to assign something passive (like Inspect, Tactical Menu, etc) to R1 to get the "Hold R1" fishing mini menu to work.

Anyone else experiencing this???

Experiencing this as well, it seems to be that the game thinks that ability menu should be set to R1, unfortunately not everyone has ability menu set anywhere on their controller config as they either don't have space for it or never used it to begin with. The idea that they've changed both the fishing and animal preservation UI to require ability menu is extremely annoying as it has made it impossible to do either without changing your controller config both before and after, why couldn't they just leave the old system alone as i had never heard of anyone having issues with either UI before.

DE, if you read this, please bring the old fishing and animal preservation UI back.

I've discovered other menu and button assignment issues.  For example, after the Glassmaker update my custom button configuration remained the same when the game loaded up, BUT, at the same time the game set the default assignments also.  This caused a crap load of conflict and I had default reset EVERYTHING then reassign the buttons to fix this.

I discovered this when I tried to use my 1, which I had assigned to the up button on the control pad, but when I did the map came up.  I went to button config and discovered they were both assigned the up button on the controller.

Hope DE fixes this soon because as of right now I can't fish.  In order for me to fish, I have to go to default buttons, fish then reassign my buttons.  This isn't really reasonable.

I too am having trouble with this. My melee is assigned to R1 and I just end up swinging my sword. This causes problems for Nightwave completion. It was never an issue before they added the "hold R1" to access. A work around is to just put the equipment used for hunting and fishing in your gear wheel. Which in a sense is how it was originally. 

No, this issue is absolutely making me angry. The frustration of going instantly into melee mode is horrible. Why would this get changed? The wheel worked fine for baits and hunting. Now I can't access the fish baits or change fishing poles. WTH? Everytime things are fine someone changes it and it doesn't work. Y

Edited by (PS4)HaloDude777
  • Like 1

I went three days in a row, the last 72 hours of Spear basically, dealing with the resetting and fixing my bindings every time I logged back in, and it's really disappointing to see that they haven't found a fix yet. I've pretty much stopped playing, I'm just gonna wait until the forums don't have a post about the UI and binding bugs for at least a week before I bother playing again cause this game is janky after that update.