Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ATLAS - ABILITIES RE-IMAGINED.

CrimeHole

Hello guys,
I've been an ATLAS and HYDROID fanboy for as long as i can remember.
But I've always felt them to be so lackluster compared to the new frames which integrate more complex and or intricate designs in their abilities--including synergies, and heck i'd even say flashier animations/VFX.
So! with my barely good drawing capabilities, i tried my hand at those "re-imaginings" of abilities. Here's mine for ATLAS, i'll work on HYDROID depending on how well you guys think this idea turned out to be.

DcBxYRn.jpg

Edited by CrimeHole
  • Like 4

I really like that 2nd ability, but I do believe that his current second and fourth, while they do need MAJOR help, shouldnt be removed entirely. I’ve been a proponent of his second being a cycling ability, where you can choose to earth bend his current 2 (moddable by range btw), rumblers and then one other ability which I never quite settled on, but divergent would suit that. 
side note, divergant doesnt sound like it fits the atlas rock bender/brawler theme, what about erosion or something?

meanwhile the fourth you suggested is maybe too similar to his current pvp-turned-pve augment, so im not sure that one is too viable.

All in all not too bad, very happy you seem to agree his 1 and 3 need no changing at all 

6 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Your suggestion for his fourth is basically the rumbled augment.

Your 2... is actually kinda cool.. reminds me of earthbending avatar.

Edit number 2: i also agree with lobsided rubble. MY OCD, NEED SYMMETRY!

I KNOW MAN, IT BUGS ME SO MUCH LOL 
thanks though! 

I am more bothered that I still cannot change the color of his rubble armor. Not all rocks are brown. 

colorful-wet-stone-wall-spot-260nw-58894

Besides that, I like that you have illustrations for your suggestion. But given that I've seen people speak up against ragdolling a lot because of their precious aiming and gunplay, I don't think those folks will want Atlas to have a ragdolling power that interferes with their shooting.

Personally I like warframe powers doing something so I don't care much for gunplay.

That being said, my personal gripe with your 2 and 4 are

2 sounds like another damage skill and Atlas already has that in 1.

4 sounds like an exalted weapon, and he already has a pseudo exalted weapon in 1.

So if they implement your 2 and 4, Atlas will basically be spamming 1 in 3 different ways

Whereas now he has a wall with 2, albeit lackluster wall. And a decoy/minion thing with 4, albeit also lackluster. I will instead just buff those two skills instead of replacing them with 2 variations of his 1st skill.

Improve tectonic walls by letting players have more control over placement and size of the wall. Adapting the dojo and orbiter decoration placement tool for this purpose - streamline it and make it faster to deploy, will be helpful. There are other games where you build stuff in the middle of combat so this is not totally foreign to the shooter / action rpg experience. See fortnite. Lol.

Improve rumbler summons by giving them infinite duration. To prevent so-called AFK abuse, they will just stand around and idle IF the Atlas player stands around and idles, and does not perform any mouse and button inputs for maybe 20 seconds. 

Edited by Xepthrichros

I'm not one to advocate for changes to a Warframe's abilities, only when it seems like the ability has run its course in terms of viability and/or relevance. But when it comes to these abilities, well, they still don't convince me.

Divergent seems not as useful as Tectonics to me honestly. Right now as it seems, it's only a single-target armor debuff with some ragdoll, and a multi-target attack against Petrified enemies. But the question is, what would be the purpose of doing this when I have Landslide? By the time I have used the ability, I could have already been damaging them or even killed them at that point. Maybe if the ability attacked multiple targets at once, I could see it's better potential use, but even then: why would I bother doing that when I have Petrify?

That's the thing with Divergent, it seems like an ability that Atlas already has, at least in terms of general use. The armor debuff is nice, but is only really useful against 1 or 2 Factions if we're being honest. And considering the (somewhat) recent enemy armor changes, it's not that necessary to focus on now as Atlas doesn't struggle against it as much as he used to. Not saying he couldn't use some sort of armor debuff or other way to deal with it, but having to use an ability that can only deal with it on 1 single target, doesn't seem convenient.

Metamorphic Pact somewhat seems like a slightly different Rumbled... but instead giving you more eHP at the cost of movement and replacement of your weapons, it gives you an Exalted. I don't see the point of the armor, or the animation for something as simple as that. Granted it does gives some indication that you have ability active and does give, well only 1, benefits of being able to cast Landslide faster (which honestly isn't that useful since Landslide already casts pretty fast).

But one thing that doesn't seem good is the Rubble exchange for more duration, as 500 Rubble is pretty hefty for something as small as 5 seconds. And considering how most Atlas builds work with negative Power Duration, it would probably be a big hassle in order to maintain consistently. I know it's not insanely hard to build Rubble, but if you only had to spend 250 Rubble or received 10 seconds from the exchange, it would be a lot more fair in comparison. Plus, you have to consider the fact that you're sacrificing armor for the sake of an Exalted weapon's duration, which doesn't seem like a good trade at all.

At least with current Rumblers, even if I have low Duration, I can at least detonate them for some Rubble, and repeat that process over and over for free armor/healing. I just don't see the need for Atlas to gain a second weapon he has to build/work for, but with some added unnecessary steps to it.

(Also, as a side note to your unrelated note; I don't have an issue with Atlas's Rubble armor. Maybe that's because I've gotten used to it (besides on the Deluxe), but I don't really see the need to change it completely. Perhaps just make it more symmetrical? Also, it would be kinda weird to move the Rubble formation onto his hands because, well Fists are his main weapon tool, and it would kinda redundant to have 'protection' on top of another weapon. Plus, it wouldn't give off a good visual cue of Atlas using the Rubble for armor, as you know, you can protect more places than just your hands. I know Atlas doesn't do a good job of covering himself currently, but at least it's more places than one).

Edited by Scruffel

I love the idea for Divergent, truly. But I think it would be better as a substitute for his Landslide, tbh (for people reading this, read the next paragraph before demanding my head on a plate for wanting his pseudo-exalted melee to be gone). Divergent feels like a Landslide with extra steps (and extra effects). And I like the mechanics of Tectonics as it is now, even more with the augment, which I use to defend defense objectives, kuva extractors in kuva survival, etc. I do think Tectonics couls use a little more lateral range though, to be used as crowd control devices on doors or chokepoints (more than it does now). 

As for Metamorphic Pact, I really like the general idea, I'd just add to create an exalted fist weapon for Atlas to use while on this mode. And to make Metamorphic Pact a channeled ability, not duration based. You could use the "consume rubble" mechanic to add extra base damage to your exalted melee, instead of adding duration. That + the fact that with an exalted melee we could actually build and get rid of stat-sticks (personally I hate the idea of stat sticks so much). Divergent damage could use the exalted melee equipped mods, like Landslide does with the melee equipped mods now.