Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've just had an epiphany regarding the Duviri Paradox

Roble_Viejo

It will be tied to Mastery Rank 30. What makes me think this:
- MR 30 MUST be something very meaningful. In terms of gameplay forma resets would become irrelevant for example, but at a lore level we have no idea what could happen.
- MR 29 came with the last Prime Access, MR 30 is just around the corner. And besides the last systems implemented, like Kuva Liches and Railjack, we didn't really have a mastery growth as big as other updates. Railjack Weapons, Shields, etc dont give mastery, only intrinsics do, and liches only give mastery with weapons (which require 5 forma each). 
- The biggest mastery updates at once have been the open worlds areas: 
 - Cetus: Zaws, Amps, Gara, Revenant and Furax Wraith
 - Fortuna: Kitguns, Moas, more Amps, K-Drives, Hyldrin, Baruuk and Garuda.
- I understand that most of those were introduced after these updates, but its safe to assume MR 30 will be obtainable with the next open world or following it release.
- Before that, updates will mostly be event weapons, railjack missions, some reworks, couple of frames maybe and prime stuff, imo not enough for MR 30.
- Finally lore implications from the Duviri cinematic: Operators as adults, in a level of existence outside of the main "world" in which they can access any weapon used in the past (when he picks up the Tigris from the ground). 
- Achieving Mastery Rank 30 is a lengthy process, Id say like 2-3 years from scratch, playing casually without perma boosting and foddering like crazy. An dfor the average player getting to second dream takes like.. 3 months maybe. So there is a logical window of time for your operator to "grow up".

So, that was my epiphany, roll the x-files music. 

EDIT: I dont think anything will be locked at MR 30!!! Thats absurd, Im only saying that the content in the Duviri Paradox will be the first time MR 30 will be available!

Also, Ive seen the cinematic again and the Dax warriors represent 2 things: Ororkin empire lore and Conclave. Maybe the Duviri Paradox will introduce a PvP area in which you can use any weapon you have in the battlefield.
And the mask the operator has symbolizes they were blinded, maybe from seeing that their bodies stayed in the void and our operators are ghosts (they can go invisible, go through enemies and teleport after all). And in the void operators work differently than in the rest of the game (operators would trivialize any pvp imo) 

Edited by Roble_Viejo

1 hour ago, Myscho said:

Can imagine that amount of salt piling here in second when DE annouce something locked behind MR 30

Yes, this would be Super-Troll 999999-*

I have limited time to play, have been a vet for 5 (?) years, and see all these “MR TESTS” as (often bugged) exercises in frustration that devalue the product and waste valuable time.  I find them insulting at this point.  A necessary evil, not fun in any way.

I’ve been sitting on the “27 test” for months.

If MR 30 is needed for Duviri, kiss my PA/TENNOCON $ Goodbye.

Hope that is clear enough.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

What if Duviri represented a parallel potentiality? Say this one with an adult Tenno who lacks control of Void powers, perhaps not even having them now aware in a world where Sentient and humanity took the synthesis option? Since the Tenno is still connected by the branches of realities' send-offs, they might be moving at different places or times within that potentiality thus showing Star Child trying to prepare Hayden Tenno-Alike self for surviving without Void power or warframe muscle. The area almost looks like a part of the plains washed out of color, symbolizing that this might be washed by Sentient unlight; but also could be a thinly unrealized reality. if you look, the Zariman Ten-Zero; or a similar class of ship is crash landed while the Dax and Horse are a fusion of bone and metal. If you have played Magic: The Gathering, consider their similarity to Filigree from the Esper Shard of Alara and later seen in other worlds.

While we have it on good authority that it will not be coming this year, more 2021 now; Duviri Paradox could represent being shunted ala Solar Rail or Railjack travel into one of the different time/space realities that Quill Onkko mentions being able to see and interact with through his connection to the Void and his control through his link with the Unum who allows for a clearer sifting of those visions. If so, perhaps our Tenno Star Child, or Adult, should look for the nearest Quill representative.

Duviri Paradox will definitely be a content island like Railjack, with an alternate progression system separate from the main game. However, I'm guessing that main game progression affects the adult operator like finding the hidden weapon. Maybe you have to stash mastered weapons in those... holes. Or maybe, the adult operator only has access to mastered weapons. Something like that, maybe.

• Like 1