Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss’ top speed

all i know is installing all sprint mods on gauss then buffing his powers to make his speed as fast as possible is ridiculously fast lol

unless im missing some mods with the sprint mods on his standard sprint speed goes up to 2.60, i believe it caps at that as well as i think the mods should make it 2.75 or 2.90,  i could be mistaken tho

kinda sad tho, it feels like the way they fixed their Volt issue was make a new character named gauss lol

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I think it multiplies his Sprint Speed by 2x?

Might be wrong... 

if thats true and im remembering the normal sprint speed with mods correctly at 2.60 sprint speed

that would mean with the power gauss sprints at possibly 5.20 lol, depending if the power just doubles base speed or if its able to double the modded speed

Edited by Tokens210

Wasn't there someone who tested it and proved that in a battle of Gauss max speed vs Volt max speed, Volt still managed to be faster? To the point though, I think your best metric is to set a waypoint in an open space, count the time from A to B and come up with a speed value. Even if it doesn't mirror real life logic, it's still applicable within the game.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Wasn't there someone who tested it and proved that in a battle of Gauss max speed vs Volt max speed, Volt still managed to be faster? To the point though, I think your best metric is to set a waypoint in an open space, count the time from A to B and come up with a speed value. Even if it doesn't mirror real life logic, it's still applicable within the game.

I remember a video in the Valis. Gauss overtook Volt when he started to use Mach Rush.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

I remember a video in the Valis. Gauss overtook Volt when he started to use Mach Rush.

Oh, I see. Ty for clearing it up. Either way both are really good with their speed, which makes both viable in my eyes. And the best thing, imho, is that they excel at different applications of speed, which makes one better than the other depending on the environment.

yea i used to main volt and i recently leveled a gauss

the only chance volt would have is gauss rush has a limit or seems to anyway, after so much grounds covered he tops out and appears to slow down

other then that gauss 100 percent can take volt on

gets even crazier if you a speed build gauss the uses mach rush and a volt then hits you with super speed, good luck controlling yourself in that situation, ive launched myself into space from io jupiter so many times from that lol

Edited by Tokens210
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Oh, I see. Ty for clearing it up. Either way both are really good with their speed, which makes both viable in my eyes. And the best thing, imho, is that they excel at different applications of speed, which makes one better than the other depending on the environment.

I don't really agree with this one. Unless the only thing you're doing on Volt is going fast (i.e. your build essentially axes other abilities), Gauss will always move faster, as he gets 2.38 sprint speed without really trying for it (Sprint Boost, Rush and Amalgam Serration), whereas Volt requires you to have a maximum strength build to even begin to move at 2.5+. This can reach over 5 once you start adding sprint mods, but once you're doing this, you have no ability to tank, can't use Discharge, all abilities will cost a truckton, duration is low, etc.

Gauss also having big fire rate and reload boosts (plus melee and holster speed) means that he is sped up entirely in more things than just movement, so everything is fast as Gauss meaning you can do more than just move. His 2 also stops knockdowns so random things like Arson Eximus or Scorpions are not going to stop you.

This is without even factoring in Mach Rush, which is usable everywhere with proper usage, and also without factoring in the fact that Gauss also has space in his builds to add slide which makes you go even faster.

Volt is a great frame, and he is very fast, but if the goal is "go fast", Gauss has far more practical uses than Volt does, and lends to the "gotta go fast" gameplay much better. Volt's Speed is more of a bonus in his kit, rather than his call to fame.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

I don't really agree with this one. Unless the only thing you're doing on Volt is going fast (i.e. your build essentially axes other abilities), Gauss will always move faster, as he gets 2.38 sprint speed without really trying for it (Sprint Boost, Rush and Amalgam Serration), whereas Volt requires you to have a maximum strength build to even begin to move at 2.5+. This can reach over 5 once you start adding sprint mods, but once you're doing this, you have no ability to tank, can't use Discharge, all abilities will cost a truckton, duration is low, etc.

Gauss also having big fire rate and reload boosts (plus melee and holster speed) means that he is sped up entirely in more things than just movement, so everything is fast as Gauss meaning you can do more than just move. His 2 also stops knockdowns so random things like Arson Eximus or Scorpions are not going to stop you.

This is without even factoring in Mach Rush, which is usable everywhere with proper usage, and also without factoring in the fact that Gauss also has space in his builds to add slide which makes you go even faster.

Volt is a great frame, and he is very fast, but if the goal is "go fast", Gauss has far more practical uses than Volt does, and lends to the "gotta go fast" gameplay much better.

thats why i said it seems sad to me that if feels like the way DE fixed their volt problem was create gauss

cause volts always had a damage cap issue which is known, if the caps removed or bumped volt becomes an electro god, but as it is now against the tougher higher level enemies in the game without dam reduction or something similar enemies run thru volt and his kit becomes pretty much 4 ways to waste energy lol, i have been away for a bit tho so you know maybe they changed some things with him, probably not tho cause the last 2 times they tried when i was around we ended up with his 4 actually becoming weaker but it removed the stupid long animation that literally got you killed 100 percent of the time when u used it, and the second time was when they tested uncapping him themselves and said um no his to strong now and just left him as he was

volts 4 used to be called overload or overcharge or something and besides the long animation that got you killed it was really a cool idea and has cool effects

volt would hover in the air and all lights in the immediate area would begin to blow out, sending electricity to your volt (youd actually see little bolts shooting from light sources to your character), who would begin to curl into a ball, then he would throw his arms and legs out and release it all at once

cool parts were the number of lights in an area effected the power so youd want to look for a spot to use it first, more lights ment more dam or more dam multi, orokin areas usually worked best for wiping squads with it, due to all the lighting

second thing i found cool personally, the lights volt blew out to use the power wouldnt turn back on, so like mentioned above orokin areas have better lighting, i could leave entire sections of the map darkened by the fact i blew all the lights out

Edited by Tokens210

57 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

gets even crazier if you a speed build gauss the uses mach rush and a volt then hits you with super speed, good luck controlling yourself in that situation, ive launched myself into space from io jupiter so many times from that lol

Lol you can do this when doing a melee stance animation and pressing 5 to transfer into operator. It flings your operator like operator dash.  I usually end up falling off the map

If I am following correctly Gauss is moving in mock speed that break the sound barrier to correct this to be but as we all know Nova's ability does not work on Gauss, so possible to increase speed by something else but what...

e2zHo3I.png

Had anyone try rhino's roar to boost volt's abilities and wisp for I mean by have to follow it in correct order buffing crowds will actually increase the strength abilities so it does effect frame's ability even greater so if volt get boost then use his speedy boost and wisp get a boost and user her deployment speed booster then possible you'll get much max speed you could try to get but dunno chroma's ability get nerf which he could stand next to rhino use the full power boost to help rhino to buff his roar which going explain it because it may cause a absolutely chaos into someone's brain.

If Chroma's boost work on rhino's roar => rhino's roar get way much powerful stronger => Volt + Wisp booster power get much stronger in running dashing speed => Gauss's speed increase by Chroma + Rhino + Volt + Wisp boosting power = possible light speed

For I know we can stack Rhino's roar which me and few groups who done rhino's run only roar to boost the power dmg and abilities which means in captura mode if you get 4 rhino, 1 chroma, 1 volt, and 1 wisp the possible could be way much greater and higher power strengthening into the abilities in each the frame massive amount of power for possible of hitting it right if use correct build to buff and has enough duration to keep Gauss beyond speed.

To do this correct order is Chroma's boosting abilities, Group Rhino's roar, Wisp's speed booster, volt speed booster.  The fact is Chroma will boost the rhino's group to be heavily power in roar if they stand very close to chorma which the rhino group get a boost then volt gain achieving the chain of line boosting then boost the speed even greater height then same as well wisp does the same boosting getting the chain link by chroma's and rhino group for she also will increase Gauss's speed and if Gauss is next to chroma and rhino to get this boost then he would go the full on power housing that is could be ultra plus speed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

If I am following correctly Gauss is moving in mock speed that break the sound barrier to correct this to be but as we all know Nova's ability does not work on Gauss, so possible to increase speed by something else but what...

do you mean wormhole teleport or the speedboost you gain if you use the wormhole augment? Because the latter definitely works with Mach rush

e2zHo3I.png

Had anyone try rhino's roar to boost volt's abilities

Rhino doesnt buff power strength, only damage. The only frames that can buff power strength are Nidus and Equinox

and wisp for I mean by have to follow it in correct order buffing crowds will actually increase the strength abilities so it does effect frame's ability even greater so if volt get boost then use his speedy boost and wisp get a boost and user her deployment speed booster then possible you'll get much max speed you could try to get but dunno chroma's ability get nerf which he could stand next to rhino use the full power boost to help rhino to buff his roar which going explain it because it may cause a absolutely chaos into someone's brain.

for the love of lotus use more puncuation. No what you suggested doesnt work. Chroma (like rhino) only buffs damage, not power strength, so using a rhino and chroma to make volt faster will never work. 

If Chroma's boost work on rhino's roar => rhino's roar get way much powerful stronger => Volt + Wisp booster power get much stronger in running dashing speed => Gauss's speed increase by Chroma + Rhino + Volt + Wisp boosting power = possible light speed

This whole calculation is false because of the pretext that chroma and rhino buff strengrh

For I know we can stack Rhino's roar which me and few groups who done rhino's run only roar to boost the power dmg and abilities which means in captura mode if you get 4 rhino, 1 chroma, 1 volt, and 1 wisp the possible could be way much greater and higher power strengthening into the abilities in each the frame massive amount of power for possible of hitting it right if use correct build to buff and has enough duration to keep Gauss beyond speed.

>_>

To do this correct order is Chroma's boosting abilities, Group Rhino's roar, Wisp's speed booster, volt speed booster.  The fact is Chroma will boost the rhino's group to be heavily power in roar if they stand very close to chorma which the rhino group get a boost then volt gain achieving the chain of line boosting then boost the speed even greater height then same as well wisp does the same boosting getting the chain link by chroma's and rhino group for she also will increase Gauss's speed and if Gauss is next to chroma and rhino to get this boost then he would go the full on power housing that is could be ultra plus speed.

<_<

ok, now that thats over, there is only a single case where volt is faster then Gauss, and thats with a hyper specialized build that uses energy conversion, and rarely sometimes volt beats gauss if they constantly roll while speed is active. Otherwise Gauss is always faster. Theoretically volt has a higher limit, since his speed ability scales off power strength, whereas Gauss only gains more speed if he increases his base sprint speed. With that said, Mods like [Dispatch Overdrive] are extremely effective on Gauss because of the sprint buff it gives. 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

do you mean wormhole teleport or the speedboost you gain if you use the wormhole augment? Because the latter definitely works with Mach rush

Rhino doesnt buff power strength, only damage. The only frames that can buff power strength are Nidus and Equinox

for the love of lotus use more puncuation. No what you suggested doesnt work. Chroma (like rhino) only buffs damage, not power strength, so using a rhino and chroma to make volt faster will never work. 

This whole calculation is false because of the pretext that chroma and rhino buff strengrh

>_>

<_<

ok, now that thats over, there is only a single case where volt is faster then Gauss, and thats with a hyper specialized build that uses energy conversion, and rarely sometimes volt beats gauss if they constantly roll while speed is active. Otherwise Gauss is always faster. Theoretically volt has a higher limit, since his speed ability scales off power strength, whereas Gauss only gains more speed if he increases his base sprint speed. With that said, Mods like [Dispatch Overdrive] are extremely effective on Gauss because of the sprint buff it gives. 

I re-read roar, they change it...well fug but at least we will know that Gauss will gain massive dmg output if he crashes an object and it be like bowling ally.  If they hadn't change it it would be great for it would been awesome and noted chroma use to do the same like rhino but it seem they must of change it during random update and nerfing for I am not going back to see did they change it really the outcome their nerf or changes.  Well that is garbage for speed but possible to make it faster still?  If possible to sling Gauss like using Valkry or archwing that has trip line that has the same thing pretty much minor speed boost but not really.

Then again if they didn't change it then Gauss would make it across the map less then 5 min if he was set on flat terrain or no object blocking gauss's run way.

Edited by ChaoticEdge