Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ability To Only Join Missions That Have Not Started Yet

Androgynous

Currently there is no option to only join a game that is or isn't in progress yet. The game instantly throws you into a mission that has already started if possible, or you wait for 3 other people also wanting to play the mission - you don't get a choice between the two.

There should be an option where you can either only join missions in progress, or you can't join missions in progress and play missions from the start.

e.g.

* Having a mission count as completed despite not playing it from start to finish is not a rewarding challenge. Yes you could replay the mission, but what if you get thrown into another lobby that is already mid-progress again?

And even then, the time spent playing half of a mission in the first place is still somewhat wasted for people who want to complete all missions start-to-finish.

* Joining a mission that is already about to be failed is also a waste of your time. If you just joined, you won't have gained any affinity from any kills, and bonuses that you find in the few minutes that the game lasts for aren't given anyways.

If you're that intent on doing the entire mission, why not use invite only or solo mode?

Because I can't do the missions alone. I don't have a super-modded frame, weapons don't have high level mods either, and I don't have energy siphon / rejuvenation. As for invite only, my friends don't like Warframe so they don't play it, and I don't want to join a clan - nor should I have to just to play a mission from the start.

Because I can't do the missions alone. I don't have a super-modded frame, weapons don't have high level mods either, and I don't have energy siphon / rejuvenation. As for invite only, my friends don't like Warframe so they don't play it, and I don't want to join a clan - nor should I have to just to play a mission from the start.

Just an FYI, your original post makes it seem like you only want to join fresh missions. (The e.g. section)