Jump to content

MISSION TIPS: General help for those who need it


Recommended Posts

Il y a 1 heure, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

There's other stuff I could've pointed out like 15 points being the optimal amount to hand in on Index not 5+ but I didn't want to seem like a know it all because OP's intentions are good. I can always expand on a lot of the stuff if he wants me to. There are little tricks for pretty much every game mode etc.

Nobody knew that in index when I was running it. Less people than you know read the wiki :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galuf said:

Nobody knew that in index when I was running it. Less people than you know read the wiki :p

Well maybe I'll take a closer look at all the tips and help out where I can :) I just didn't want to step on his toes too much cos I appreciate what he's doing here.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

There's other stuff I could've pointed out like 15 points being the optimal amount to hand in on Index not 5+

That particular one I admit I didn't know about, but I'm just saying 5+ since 5 is when you start to get bonus points atop what you turn in. Frankly, 10 points is my limit of comfortability due to concerns about points-vs-drain.

---

  • ESCORT: I think I may've mentioned also [Brakk] for several other reasons, not the least being existence of the [Kuva Brakk], which trades damage for speed and some folks saying [Brakk] was junk -- the last I remember distinctly because I was defending the damn thing so hard, telling folks to hang onto it, even over the [Kuva Brakk].
  • PERFECT DEFENSE: I didn't mention Gara because her wall has a limit that enemies can walk right up to, tho ultimately that's probably not a strong reason; also, I'm unable to say atm as I subsumed her. But Banshee has huge range and can push enemies to the walls of Kala-Azar (Eris defense) -- and that's a large area. While you're stuck Booming them (=no [Resonating Quake]), a Protea specter/Sahasa Kubrow supplies energy, and specters can roam (within limit) to attack enemies -- or you can shut it off once most enemies are dead and pick off survivors. For this last, I highly advise an enemy radar mod to be aware of enemies so you don't wander off to kill survivors and some random walks in to one-shot your challenge.
  • UNDETECTED EXTERMINATION: I could possibly be wrong in assuming that those require the mission be completed (including extraction) before the challenge registers, but that's because I don't see the bounty flag saying it was done until after I've extracted.
Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

That particular one I admit I didn't know about, but I'm just saying 5+ since 5 is when you start to get bonus points atop what you turn in. Frankly, 10 points is my limit of comfortability due to concerns about points-vs-drain.

---

  • ESCORT: I think I may've mentioned also [Brakk] for several other reasons, not the least being existence of the [Kuva Brakk], which trades damage for speed and some folks saying [Brakk] was junk -- the last I remember distinctly because I was defending the damn thing so hard, telling folks to hang onto it, even over the [Kuva Brakk].
  • PERFECT DEFENSE: I didn't mention Gara because her wall has a limit that enemies can walk right up to, tho ultimately that's probably not a strong reason; also, I'm unable to say atm as I subsumed her. But Banshee has huge range and can push enemies to the walls of Kala-Azar (Eris defense) -- and that's a large area. While you're stuck Booming them (=no [Resonating Quake]), a Protea specter/Sahasa Kubrow supplies energy, and specters can roam (within limit) to attack enemies -- or you can shut it off once most enemies are dead and pick off survivors. For this last, I highly advise an enemy radar mod to be aware of enemies so you don't wander off to kill survivors and some random walks in to one-shot your challenge.
  • UNDETECTED EXTERMINATION: I could possibly be wrong in assuming that those require the mission be completed (including extraction) before the challenge registers, but that's because I don't see the bounty flag saying it was done until after I've extracted.

The reason for banking 15 points at a time is that in the Index you gain bonus points when you bank more at once, so instead of scoring 15 points you actually get a bonus of +8 and bank 23 points per 15. 15 is the optimal number with these bonus points as the bonus tapers off after this amount with 20 points only gaining you a bonus of +2.

Regarding Escort, Defense or Rescue, the reason I say give the ViP a Sonicor is that it's not about how much damage he can do(and on any serious mission level he's not going to kill everything for you anyway), it's about them being able to hurt the ViP. Sonicor has innate knockdown and since the ViP ignore reload, magazine size etc he'll be happily spamming them with a knockdown AoE so they can't damage him.

Perfect Defense, the 2 best methods are Limbo and Frost. I choose Frost because with limbo there's a second or so pause between casting your next cataclysm whereas Frost can recast with the existing shield in place. Using Chilling Globe increases the odds of enemies being frozen instead of sneaking into the globe but we bypass the chance of that happening at all by simply using Avalanche with Duration on the build in order to freeze absolutely everything. The other riskier option you can try with limbo is to lower the range and cast a tiny cataclysm over JUST the objective and hope that you can kill everything before it gets close. This is dangerous vs infested however because we no longer have Stasis to freeze everything and chargers, leapers etc can sneak in very fast.

Undetected Extermination, you are correct that the mission must be completed for the riven to unlock. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

The reason for banking 15 points at a time is that in the Index you gain bonus points when you bank more at once, so instead of scoring 15 points you actually get a bonus of +8 and bank 23 points per 15. 15 is the optimal number with these bonus points as the bonus tapers off after this amount with 20 points only gaining you a bonus of +2.

I'm aware that more points yields more (bonus) points, but my point is that not everyone can and/or is comfortable with it. Go for it if you can go for it, but if I ever get a load, I immediately head to cash. Which raises the other thing that annoys me, 'Christmas trees' (swipe-n-hoard), who need to be told to cash...but maybe that's for another post.

39 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Regarding Escort, Defense or Rescue, the reason I say give the ViP a Sonicor is that it's not about how much damage he can do(and on any serious mission level he's not going to kill everything for you anyway), it's about them being able to hurt the ViP. Sonicor has innate knockdown and since the ViP ignore reload, magazine size etc he'll be happily spamming them with a knockdown AoE so they can't damage him.

Excellent point on stunlock.

39 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Perfect Defense, the 2 best methods are Limbo and Frost. I choose Frost because with limbo there's a second or so pause between casting your next cataclysm whereas Frost can recast with the existing shield in place. Using Chilling Globe increases the odds of enemies being frozen instead of sneaking into the globe but we bypass the chance of that happening at all by simply using Avalanche with Duration on the build in order to freeze absolutely everything. The other riskier option you can try with limbo is to lower the range and cast a tiny cataclysm over JUST the objective and hope that you can kill everything before it gets close. This is dangerous vs infested however because we no longer have Stasis to freeze everything and chargers, leapers etc can sneak in very fast.

My inexperience with either of them aside, I had a problem with enemies walking up to Frost's/Gara's (eventually) breachable barrier, so I prioritized occupying them with taking a Warframe's incoming damage to keep them from dealing their own (outgoing) damage. Banshee was the only obvious (at the time) solution I could see, tho that didn't mean there was no other.

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

My inexperience with either of them aside, I had a problem with enemies walking up to Frost's/Gara's (eventually) breachable barrier, so I prioritized occupying them with taking a Warframe's incoming damage to keep them from dealing their own (outgoing) damage. Banshee was the only obvious (at the time) solution I could see, tho that didn't mean there was no other.

That's why it's so important to also use Avalanche. 4 second freeze which is recastable and as a bonus it will kill the majority of the enemies for you and just use Ignis for the others. Frost's barrier isn't really breachable for Infested, you just have to ensure they don't get too close to be able to get inside of it.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

I'm aware that more points yields more (bonus) points, but my point is that not everyone can and/or is comfortable with it. Go for it if you can go for it, but if I ever get a load, I immediately head to cash. Which raises the other thing that annoys me, 'Christmas trees' (swipe-n-hoard), who need to be told to cash...but maybe that's for another post.

Depending on how the mission is being run xmas tree people aren't too terrible, in an optimized run it's quite common and you have the 1 dedicated carrier but in public it's annoying yes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Depending on how the mission is being run xmas tree people aren't too terrible, in an optimized run it's quite common and you have the 1 dedicated carrier but in public it's annoying yes. 

Specifically, the Christmas tree problem is folks scooping up points before you do (even if you're atop a fresh kill), hoarding points, and wandering about by your own goal. Gets a little worse if the hoarder happens to be unreceptive to a request to cash.

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-01-09 at 3:55 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sorry I'm bad at such things, I figured you'd just be able to edit your original post to add those things I mentioned as I saw you'd already made some alternations to it from previous added info.

I'll try to get to it at some point.

Also, [Intruder] is useless to your Operator. Works with your frame, but your Operator has no hack slowdown.

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

I'll try to get to it at some point.

Also, [Intruder] is useless to your Operator. Works with your frame, but your Operator has no hack slowdown.

I never mentioned Intruder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I never mentioned Intruder.

You didn't. I did in regard to something else. Apologies for the confusion.

---

Magnetic bubbles for sortie can be popped by any gun with innate/modded magnetic element.

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...