Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add A Mod For Projectile Speed

shut

Title. We have Whirlwind for the Glaive, and the players' reception for that was overwhelmingly positive.

So, what I'm suggesting is a similar mod for Primary and Secondary projectile-based weapons, adding a similar boost in projectile speed. Works with any projectile-oriented Primary and Secondary-- Bows, Lanka, Gremlins, Kunai/Despair/Hikou, Miter, Ogris, Torid, etc. A mod for Primaries and a mod for Secondaries.

This would be especially useful for weapons that are punishing if the projectile launch is mistimed, i.e. Bows, Lanka, and (perhaps most of all) Miter.

Thoughts?

Given the new Positive Attribute/Negative Effect mods. It would be easy for them to do say....

+Projectile speed% -Damage %

Anything that doesn't do hitscan would benefit from this. A reduction in top damage (and crit damage) for a slight DPS increase.

I'd like a "Archer Stance" mod card for bows. Maybe "Firing Squad" Could make them Auras if you wanted to go for broke.

Given the new Positive Attribute/Negative Effect mods. It would be easy for them to do say....

+Projectile speed% -Damage %

Anything that doesn't do hitscan would benefit from this. A reduction in top damage (and crit damage) for a slight DPS increase.

I'd like a "Archer Stance" mod card for bows. Maybe "Firing Squad" Could make them Auras if you wanted to go for broke.

Let's not make this mod a give and take, only a give. Let's keep it a regular mod as well, not an aura.

Edited by Anarties

Let's not make this mod a give and take, only a give.

I like the new give and take with some of the mods. They are incredibly powerful and therefore have a negative attribute to balance them. Doing a give/take would allow for higher change amounts leading to more noticed differences.

I like the new give and take with some of the mods. They are incredibly powerful and therefore have a negative attribute to balance them. Doing a give/take would allow for higher change amounts leading to more noticed differences.

Who would reduce a damage on sniper weapons? The Glaive's Flightspeed mod did not have any drawbacks. This projectile speed mod should be the same way.

Projectile weapons need to be able to rival bullet weapons in speed, especially since they are harder to use than hitscan weapons.

as long as it's a 5 rank Rare, with a pretty low starting cost. 

as being not a direct mod such as, Serration or Hornet Strike, it should start and end relatively cheap.

such as the cost of Sundering Strike.

Perhaps 40% or 60% additional projectile speed.

Who would reduce a damage on sniper weapons? The Glaive's Flightspeed mod did not have any drawbacks. This projectile speed mod should be the same way.

Projectile weapons need to be able to rival bullet weapons in speed, especially since they are harder to use than hitscan weapons.

I haven't played with the glave. So I can't comment on that. However there are reasons why weapons are projectiles over hitscan. They usually have higher accuracy as a base because they are skill based weapons, not to mention the higher starting damage. The glaive flightspeed is comparing apples to oranges as its only for that weapon not for a class of weapons. Projectile weapons rival hitscan weapons already in several different factors. Personally I'd reduce overall damage for a increase in DPS which could act as a force multiplier in a fight.

I haven't played with the glave. So I can't comment on that. However there are reasons why weapons are projectiles over hitscan. They usually have higher accuracy as a base because they are skill based weapons, not to mention the higher starting damage. The glaive flightspeed is comparing apples to oranges as its only for that weapon not for a class of weapons. Projectile weapons rival hitscan weapons already in several different factors. Personally I'd reduce overall damage for a increase in DPS which could act as a force multiplier in a fight.

I personally believe it's better to just be a small increase.

With what you're saying, the increase in projectile speed better be massive in order to compensate for the damage loss.

Otherwise it's a waste. It's better to have a small increase that makes a difference and keep the damage than to lose damage for the sake of a massive speed boost.

If you do that, you would have been better off getting a hitscan weapon to begin with since the mod might dumb the projectile weapon down to the level of the hitscan weapon, basically mooting the point of the mod to begin with. 

Edited by Anarties

• 2 weeks later...

just as a general statement, warframe needs MANY more "utility" mods of all different kinds that will compete with the raw dmg mods that currently exist for space within builds, thus giving the game much needed variety

the trick is to make the utility so useful that u actually r willing to sacrifice dmg to get it, ie projectile spd (bow users would love this)

not like -recoil, which most everyone agrees is pretty awful

this also goes for the frame mods, who slots diamond skin? srsly

+1 I'm currently stacking Forma on my Supra, so I'd love to see a projectile speed mod.

Yeah this will make boltor shine. Right guys the boltor? You know the awesome weapon right? Oh..... just me.... okay.....

Nope, you're not alone. I still use mine every now and then, and it performs just as awesome as ever.

But all of the corrupted mods make sense. Get one thing, but you are forced to deal with a side effect. Newtons laws tell us that more speed gives more momentum. For a projectile more momentum means more damage. So taking damage(momentum) away in exchange for speed is against the laws of nature.

How about taking away some accuracy or rate of fire instead?

How about taking away some accuracy or rate of fire instead?

Why is this even necessary? The mods would be specifically for projectile weapons, which don't comprise the majority of weapons in the first place. While many of them can already put out impressive results, they are still in most cases sub-par in comparison to a select few weapons which pretty much trump everything anyway.

With all the bad mods that litter the pool, I can see that although it may have created some even more obviously optimal setups, it would have been more productive on DE's part to create mods like this, that address specific types of weapons within the primary/secondary/melee sets.

• 2 weeks later...