Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploiter Orb weekly nightwave challenge

GeorgeNoX

So one of my challenges this week is to kill an Exploiter orb. OK, i thought this will be a simple one since i have done it many times before. Problem is, thermia fractures event is not currently running and so i can't get diluted thermia needed to activate the boss fight. Why put in this challenge when the event is not even running? 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DeathLives43ver said:

i thought this will be a simple one since i have done it many times before.

Did you search your inventory for "thermia"? I still have all the thermia I've ever collected...Exploiter doesn't seem to use it even if you are the one that activates the machine (which is good because fractures top my in-game boring list and we don't need more toxic stuff like "thermia" shares).

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

And it's not a race man. You can still get every reward even if you skipped it it's ok 😄

It's not unreasonable to expect it to be timed to coincide with the actual event that provides the needed item to kill it either.

• Like 5

I've never farmed thermia but just to get amalgam mods and the opticor vandal and I've done several runs of the exploiter orb. I genuinelly don't know why people farm thermia to do the boss and I'm sure this a "youtuber said that" thing.

why you need the thermia event? go to fortuna, then to the backroom (little duck), talk with eudice to start the quest, then go to deck 12. start from there. you'll even get the thermia from her "childrens"
this mission is the first thing i finished this week. your complaint confuses me.

Edited by darkbrick

you can just do the bounty.. the Thermia event was just to introduce Exploiter, and the reason it's re-occurring is for the Opticor Vandal. in terms of just fighting Exploiter, you can do it any time by speaking to Eudico in Fortuna's Back Room.

not gonna lie though, this week has all my least favourite challenges: Conservation (ugh), Exploiter (not the worst fight but meh) and 20 wave defense (I'm fine with the time, just would've preferred survival). hopefully this means next week will have all the easy and fun ones.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

sounds like i was right, they just werent doing things correctly.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you can just do the bounty.. the Thermia event was just to introduce Exploiter, and the reason it's re-occurring is for the Opticor Vandal. in terms of just fighting Exploiter, you can do it any time by speaking to Eudico in Fortuna's Back Room.

not gonna lie though, this week has all my least favourite challenges: Conservation (ugh), Exploiter (not the worst fight but meh) and 20 wave defense (I'm fine with the time, just would've preferred survival). hopefully this means next week will have all the easy and fun ones.

kill kuva lich. do yourself a favor and get one ready through this week.

To those saying you don't need the diluted thermia to start the fight, or that you can just do the bounty.  Where do you get this from?

As far as I'm aware, you need to insert a diluted thermia into the device to start the fight, whether you start from the bounty or open world.

Just done the orb, I had 9 diluted thermia before, used 1, and now I have 8.  I'm aware there is a small chance you can get 1 back from the fight, but still can't actually start the fight unless you have at least 1 to start with.

Edited by Invisibleaxeman
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TheGuyver said:

Are you using the bounty for it? Sorry if I'm late to the party, but it's available from the same panel as the profit taker.

unknown.png

Funny thing I've always just land in that cave and start the boss, I didn't know it had an actual bounty

18 часов назад, DeathLives43ver сказал:

Why put in this challenge when the event is not even running? 

Later on you will get used to stuff like that and won't be surprised. Just DE's moves. Stop expecting common sense and you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-18 at 7:11 PM, TheGuyver said:

Are you using the bounty for it? Sorry if I'm late to the party, but it's available from the same panel as the profit taker.

unknown.png

This requires people to have Rank 5 rep with Solaris Unlimited, and to have finished the mission. Not really accessible for newer players.

Three things:

First is that recruit chat exists.  So try using it.  I can guarantee that a few people would be willing to host this.

Second is that it is super easy to stock up on thermia.  Hek I havne't done thermia fractures since the very first time that it came out, so I could get the Vandal weapon, and I still have tons of left over thermia to use to start the fight.  And I have faught exploiter quite a bit so its not like I have just never ran it between the first fracture event and now.

Third is that if you miss the challenge this week: Who cares?  You can always use the catch-up mechanic to get it back and do it when the fractures become available again....and maybe you can stock up on some extra thermia while you're at it.  Its not like getting a stockpile of thermia takes that long.