Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Renewing Banshee

(PSN)LoisGordils

Banshee is a Warframe that you either love or hate. Her kit is unique and her playstyle is the most unforgiving if you aren't constantly moving to dodge enemy fire. 

While by no means she is a bad frame, her kit feels a bit out dated. So:

Passive: Keep her suppressor passive, but add bonus critical damage when attacking unalerted enemies.

Abilities:

1. Sonicboom: Firstly, I would like a more sound-looking effect for her first (and her others too). While sound isn't visible per se, Sonicboom looks like a gust of wind or an energy blast. Changing it to a translucent wave with minor energy colors would make it look better. Moreover, Sonicboom temporarily disarms enemies (akin to Titania's Spellbind) and if they Impact a hard surface while ragdolled, they will receive up to 50% of their maximum health as True damage (akin to Frost's Snow Globe). Additionally, the slight delay between casting it and the effect taking place needs to go.

2. Sonar: Enemies are now revealed through walls. Banshee and allies gain increased accuracy. 

3. Silence: Enemies have reduced accuracy, Banshee gains reduced threat level and attacking enemies from behind results in a guaranteed red crit. Silence now muffles sound entirely. Currently, Silence deafens enemies inside the area. However, enemies outside the aura can still hear the gunfire. Moreover, holding the ability button will cause Banshee to unleash a sonic wave that knocks down enemies, cancels Silence and deals damage equal to: X Blast damage x Current Silence duration. For example, cancellation with 30s remaining deals: 500 Blast × 30 = 15,000 Blast damage.

4. Uproar: Uproar mechanics are as follows: Sound waves deal increasing damage the longer it is channeled, degrade enemy defenses and stagger them. Now:

a) Tap to do regular Sound Quake. Damage increases by X% per second channelled and armor/shields are gradually "shattered" by Y% per tick. Damage ticks occur every 0.5 seconds.

b) Hold to make Banshee project a cone of destructive sonic energy in front of her. Damage dealt and defense degradation is two times the amount dealt by Sound Quake per second. Sound Quake offers 360° damage and better area denial, while the cone is the damage focused one.

c) Energy drain ramps up with prolonged usage

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils
  • Like 1

I appreciate the general thrust of these ideas a lot.  I especially like how it would encourage more active ability usage on Banshee without making it mandatory.  And her 1 and 4 would be much more than the afterthoughts they usually are now in my gameplay.

Some minor quibbles...

On 2020-05-18 at 11:03 AM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

2. Sonar: ...

Very thematic, but does Sonar really need to be much more of a team weapon buff than it is already?   I'd think the first thing is probably enough.  I suppose too that higher accuracy would  be unwelcome in a few cases.

3. Silence: ...

The backstab thing is a bit too much too much😛  Especially with Savage Silence, since that's already a huge damage multiplier to stunned enemies before even getting into finishers.

4. Uproar: ...

It steps on the Fracture augment quite a lot.  The augment is near instantaneous total armor strip with some power strength, but does require the extra slot, has a much more limited area, and doesn't do anything special to shields.   Obviously it could be changed too though.

Again though, really good rework ideas IMO.   I'm enjoying Banshee immensely already, but basically as an incredible weapon platform with some interesting conditionals attached.  These would add a huge amount of depth to her gameplay without taking away from what makes her so fun already.

Her 1 should honestly be replaced because its too small of a cone to be effective, and there are far better augments to use over Sonic Fracture, and knockback makes it harder to aim, which clashes with Sonar in an icky way. Other than that I think Banshee's main issues are: Sonar effects almost nothing of significance, and her 4 was nerfed into uselessness. If those two problems are solved Banshee is excellent, her Sonar being usable on Liches only proves that it can be a fun tool to take down harder targets, I would love to bring her into Tridolons or some of the boss fights.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I appreciate the general thrust of these ideas a lot.  I especially like how it would encourage more active ability usage on Banshee without making it mandatory.  And her 1 and 4 would be much more than the afterthoughts they usually are now in my gameplay.

Some minor quibbles...

Very thematic, but does Sonar really need to be much more of a team weapon buff than it is already?   I'd think the first thing is probably enough.  I suppose too that higher accuracy would  be unwelcome in a few cases.

The backstab thing is a bit too much too much😛  Especially with Savage Silence, since that's already a huge damage multiplier to stunned enemies before even getting into finishers.

It steps on the Fracture augment quite a lot.  The augment is near instantaneous total armor strip with some power strength, but does require the extra slot, has a much more limited area, and doesn't do anything special to shields.   Obviously it could be changed too though.

Again though, really good rework ideas IMO.   I'm enjoying Banshee immensely already, but basically as an incredible weapon platform with some interesting conditionals attached.  These would add a huge amount of depth to her gameplay without taking away from what makes her so fun already.

Thank you so much for the input! 😄

I love Banshee and her concept, but always wished for more depth to her kit

8 hours ago, Pandabarrel said:

Her 1 should honestly be replaced because its too small of a cone to be effective,

You  think adding the disarm and some scaling true damage potential still leaves it ineffective?  I think it would be one of the best first abilities in the game.

Actually, with the suggested numbers, it's too good now that I think about it more.

Edited by Tiltskillet

24 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You  think adding the disarm and some scaling true damage potential still leaves it ineffective?  It think it would be one of the best first abilities in the game.

Actually its a little too good now that I think about it more.

Assuming enemies slam against a surface like a wall heh

Frost has that exact same mechanic for Snow Globe and it's rarely noticed 😛