Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Regen Changes

LeonJensen

I had a discussion with a friend the other day regarding the regen ability of the sentinel, we've encountered problems earlier due to the extreme damage output of some units (mainly Grineer Scorch) that kill the sentinel almost instantly on higher levels. In the end we figured that a mod you could put on your warframe to revive the sentinel would be far superior to something that brings it back once, at the exact same place it died a split second earlier.

Suggestion:
To make the sentinel revive voluntary, but at a hefty price.
The sentinel's health and shields would be halved to make up for the ability to revive it.
The revival would drain all of your shields and energy, along with disabling the recharge for 10 seconds.
To revive you'd need the correct mod for it, and you'd have to sacrifice one of your warframe presets to support the mod.

It wouldn't be something you could just slap on your frame and spam, you'd have to make sure that you can survive the 10 seconds of lost shields and lack of energy as well as sacrifice one of your presets.

Any thoughts on this?

Actually I think the Regen mod should probably work more like a revive, similar to the way it seems like it works based on the description on the mod... BUT give it a little delay.  The big issue with the way Regen currently works is as you say things like a Scorch, or if a sentinel is taking enough damage to kill it, it is probably taking enough damage to kill it several times over.  If it dies, let it die give it a few seconds then revive it.  The health it comes back as is influenced by the power of the mod just like the current Regen.

Actually I think the Regen mod should probably work more like a revive, similar to the way it seems like it works based on the description on the mod... BUT give it a little delay.  The big issue with the way Regen currently works is as you say things like a Scorch, or if a sentinel is taking enough damage to kill it, it is probably taking enough damage to kill it several times over.  If it dies, let it die give it a few seconds then revive it.  The health it comes back as is influenced by the power of the mod just like the current Regen.

I like this idea a lot more then the one from the thread poster

Perhaps the sentinel should receive 3-5 seconds of invincibility upon activating it's regen skill, just so it at least has a chance to get it's health back or let the player get out of harms way.

As for reviving the sentinel, I wouldn't mind some kind of gear item that acts as a free one-time sentinel revive; it could either be craftable of a random drop from lockers and containers.