Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Ruining Games By Pulling Out On Purpose

magusat999

I have had more than a few games today where players pull out of (defense) missions at the last second in order to sabotage the other players. One of them admitted doing it on purpose, leaving a message about holding up "low level players". The others make it known in some way they are pulling that junk, by doing things like bouncing between staying and leaving at the last second - and then leaving. They go to a high enough level that they feel the squad cant survive - and then they cut out AFTER seeing the squad wants to stay, and sitting on staying until the last second.

That's some dirty, low down stuff. I think DE should address this in some way - maybe allowing the other players to change their mind about it - or perhaps remove the timer, put in a confirmation box so you cannot change your mind at the last second. You could implement one last check after everyone has made up their minds - "Are you sure?" to which is no switching unless someone changes their mind. Or make leaving a group (majority) decision. but it isn't about me coming up with the solution - I am presenting a problem and hopefully DE will make an adjustment so players do not have a way to harass other players. Its a tremendous waste of time, and extremely bothersome for new players and people who are ranking up.

They need a penalty system. Giving a second option to change their mind not going affect much as it one would think because people will drop out.

As for this penalty system. If a fellow tenno drops out during the last few seconds or during in-game shouldn't get any mods or credits but a Penalty on their record.

A few suggestions:

- Punish on experience or credits rate by dropping 2% adds up to 10% in drop.

- Punish on ORANGE label telling players that this person is known to drop out during in-game missions or abandonment.

- Force them to complete the wave. (A bit harsh)

- Weapon & Melee damage drops 1% up to 5%

- Warframe health and shields drops 2% up to 10% in drop.

This would be better to address since abandoning a fellow Tenno is sore eyes for the Lotus.

They need a penalty system. Giving a second option to change their mind not going affect much as it one would think because people will drop out.

As for this penalty system. If a fellow tenno drops out during the last few seconds or during in-game shouldn't get any mods or credits but a Penalty on their record.

A few suggestions:

- Punish on experience or credits rate by dropping 2% adds up to 10% in drop.

- Punish on ORANGE label telling players that this person is known to drop out during in-game missions or abandonment.

- Force them to complete the wave. (A bit harsh)

- Weapon & Melee damage drops 1% up to 5%

- Warframe health and shields drops 2% up to 10% in drop.

This would be better to address since abandoning a fellow Tenno is sore eyes for the Lotus.

Never going to happen. People have their phones go off. Doorbells ring.

Edited by Seanjuju

Recently, random Loki player whom games i joined 3-4 times in a row trolled everybody with Switch Teleport, he decided don't do this with me cause i wasn't responding to this (like, 'you pulled be from the cryopod, nah, i'm just gonna throw Bastille here and shoot things here then').

And on the last game after wave 20, 2 guys were about to leave, while we (me and troll) both decided to stay. And he jumped off at the last second.

But he failed, cause i can't consider leaving Vauban alone up to wave 25 on Xini as trolling. 

Edited by Riccoshot

How you suggestion to those "Drop outs" I like the idea. It not ALL going be implemented. It is a very unlike-able idea but it something.

Intentional dropout isn't rampant enough for penalties I think. If someone changes their mind in that last 2 seconds, the timer should increase by two seconds. This should be limited to 6 additional seconds. By then, everyone will realize if someone is trolling and play it safe.  

How you suggestion to those "Drop outs" I like the idea. It not ALL going be implemented. It is a very unlike-able idea but it something.

Of course you like the idea, you thought of it. Don't be so vengeful. Seanjuju has the much better proposal that won't screw over someone if something happens irl.

I'd rather solve this problem with players being cool people - like having players who enter a lobby specifically designed to drop them into random missions where other people decided to drop out on high waves of defense or where you have players log out of survival towards the end of it.  Give people who choose this lobby one extra roll of the dice or a special roll of the dice for exclusive team helping mods of some sort.

Why do three players stay on, knowing they're leeching off one guy? If the three of you are 'sabotaged' by one person leaving, you shouldn't be doing that planet/level/wave.

Who said how many people were playing? For your info, most of these games (and yes it happened multiple times) had three players, not four. Also, I don't know about you, but I have played many games where I am "holding up the squad" and never considered sabotaging the "low level" players just because they can't handle it. I determine how long they can play and what they can take and give them ample time to choose to leave - i don't flip between going and staying and choose at the last last micro-second.

And it isn't "leeching" - there's no guarantee that you are going to get matched with any level of player. You are in a SQUAD, and a squad works as a unit. Is it "leeching" when a Frost just stands there at the pod while everyone else does the running around and eradicating the enemy - no, its STRATEGY. If you are stronger than others, so what - just play your game as best you can and stop being an elitist about it - if you are that great, why play PUGs at all - play SOLO or invite people of your level, otherwise you chose to be in a random group, so be a good, fair player and play earnestly and without malice no matter who is in the game.

Lastly, even if there are three players - that doesn't guarantee they can handle it - and if you know they can't handle it and set them up, then you are wrong for that. Instead of being a hindrance and an offense, how about helping others - I'm sure at one point you needed help too - pay it forward.

(When i say "you" I mean the type of person in general - its not directed personally at you.)

Its the nature of gamers to be arseholes, but we have no way to deal with them in game. No host kick/ignore doesn't stop them from joining you with matchmaking/leechers who do absolutely nothing - see host kick.

From experience running UT99-2004/Freelancer servers and from this game there are two countries that have the worst in game arses, that just join to make problems.  If you are a euro you know who if pugging.  *******

-snip-

Firstly, I can only say you are a very nice person.

Secondly, it is important to understand this is an online game, and not many people have your sense of duty and honor.

Thirdly, is it a crime for someone to change their minds? Sure, shame on the guy that does it for kicks, but the guy might just not be having fun or he thinks the strategy of him ulti bombing is bad for his weapon exp gain.

Lastly, play it safe. If you can't hold it together without one person, consider leaving early, what if he dc's? You're still screwed.

Intentional dropout isn't rampant enough for penalties I think. If someone changes their mind in that last 2 seconds, the timer should increase by two seconds. This should be limited to 6 additional seconds. By then, everyone will realize if someone is trolling and play it safe.  

Exactly what I thought of. If someone leaves in the last couple seconds, just add a bit more time. >_>