The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Prime frames should have toggleable parts like Excal Umbra

Being able to enable/disable excalibur umbra's prime details  (The scarf and a few ornaments) is wonderful.  Yet, despite most prime frames simply offering additional parts over the base frame, this is only possible with excalibur umbra. I think this is a big problem. Sure, you can choose to use the OG frame appearance on a prime frame; but you cannot use many skins that way. Let's say I'm playing Rhino prime. I have the Immortal skin. I do not like football-star Rhino's huge prime shoulder addons because they cover half the screen. My choices are: Big shoulder default skin, Big shoulder Immortal skin, OG Rhino.  I cannot choose to have small shoulder Immortal Rhino, Nor Rubedo Rhino, nor  any other Rhino retexture I have.  If I want to see the enemy past my shoulders, I can only choose the Plain OG Rhino.   

This isn't a very difficult issue. The code is there with excal, and it's obvious that most prime frames are just a number of additional parts added onto the OG frame.  Sure, some frames will be left behind; (Mesa prime looks like a total remodel. It would be great if Mesa prime could use the look of her non-prime redeemers?)  but for most frames, it shouldn't be to difficult. It would be nice if in some cases prime parts were seperated so you could have, say, Saryn's prime's skirt and the non-prime collar? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Innocent_Flower said:

This isn't a very difficult issue. The code is there with excal, and it's obvious that most prime frames are just a number of additional parts added onto the OG frame.  Sure, some frames will be left behind; (Mesa prime looks like a total remodel. It would be great if Mesa prime could use the look of her non-prime redeemers?)  but for most frames, it shouldn't be to difficult. It would be nice if in some cases prime parts were seperated so you could have, say, Saryn's prime's skirt and the non-prime collar?

Its easy to say, harder to do. Excalibur, Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra are basically the same models with different addons. Same goes with old primes like Mag, Rhino or Frost. And that would work there. But new Primes? Thats a different story. Its more than just tick on and off for prime parts. New primes are completly new models.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

Its easy to say, harder to do. Excalibur, Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra are basically the same models with different addons. Same goes with old primes like Mag, Rhino or Frost. And that would work there. But new Primes? Thats a different story. Its more than just tick on and off for prime parts. New primes are completly new models.

He is asking for the same toggle TennoGen skins already have, which I take is more aimed at Immortal Skins than anything else. I don't think it's too out of the question, really.

Edited by NightmareT12