Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker: Hotfix 27.5.4

[DE]Megan

If the range on Saryn augment was unlimited, then Maybe it could be interesting if niche option (to track how quickly/slowly enemies are dying behind you as you speed through a map).

But 40m? That's... Why.
Can we get some dev insight on -what- exactly is this mod supposed to achieve? Like in what speculative scenario is this a thing you want to put on saryn?
"Oh, I have just 1 enemy left infected, where is it so that I can pop the bubble!?" -> "oh, animal instinct/enemy radar/whatever shows me enemies. Guess I cast spore on one."

4 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

With all respect, and love for the game: Atlas and Valkitty augments are a waste, of developping time and a waste of standing, cause there is no point to invest in them. Think before releasing pls.

Can you expand on why you think they're a waste?

The Atlas augment could work well in long survival missions but takes some ramp-up time to get going and then maintaining it without path of statues can be tricky.

The Valkyr augment, however, looks to be pretty useful. It changes the way you use Hysteria but vastly increases its damage potential. Hysteria already has scaling energy drain, so is technically designed to be used in bursts, so this augment really only negatively impacts gameplay with the cooldown timer.

I suggest you describe why you think something is a waste rather than just saying "this is a waste" then making some snide comment about your feelings regarding what people are doing with their time. 

These augments do absolutely nothing to negatively impact the game. Many augments are somewhat useless in a majority of builds, and they exist to change the way you play the game. It is absurd the amount of complaining from people in this thread. While I agree that the Saryn Augment is likely not something i'll use, I could see a use for it if I wanted to swap out Animal Instinct on my pet/sentinel in place of a different mod.

2 hours ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

thanks 

Saryn - Spore - Revealing Spores
Infected enemies within 40m will show up on the Minimap.

my favorite enemy is a dead enemy, why would i waste a mod slot for that? just by looking around me i can spot the infected enemy because of the damage numbers the shows on my screen 

DE: we gotchu
- Damage numbers now check for Line of Sight

Not going to comment on those augments. Lol. Wow Saryn, wow.

So, are everything fixed after Railjack revisited? Or am I missing something? Several unnecessary annoying bugs even ppl just playing 1 single time can't miss, and a lot more other than that.

Please get back on track with the hotfixes in general. Seems like you have ramped down significantly for "some reason".

As to new content, I'm sure people can wait a week more unknowingly.

Thank you, and stay safe.

My kuva shildeg hammer is still attached to my hand. 😞

On a side note: Sonicor and Zakti have area knockback. Zakti is a gas based wpn... I can deal with that effect,

But the SONICOR!?

It was made for enemy ragdoll not one self! Ppl used it to remove enemies from the escape path (because it actually doesnt do that much harm) This actually killed the weapon for me and I think I'm not alone on this matter. 

The Atlas augment is really nice based on the tests i did, the problem is the pain and energy consumption from the fact that petrify cost 75 every time, and you need at least 20-25 enemies to get the amount of rumble required and then keep it up 'cause it rans out really quick, sure it allows you to punch enemies without worrying about energy but then with 1400 rumble, you spend more in the end than using only the first ability a few more times. (That's why i think he needs a rework so he can use more the synergies).

The Saryn one, to be hontest i like the fact that the enemies are highlighted in green so you can differenciate them, but still sounds weak, what would be nice is if it had some kind of wall hack or glowing enemies, not just new markers in the map, i don't rely on the map, i see the game. (This could lead to a redesing of the minimap, or maybe the entire HUD).

Then the Valkyr augment, it's nice "but", ¡¡it still has the growing energy drain!!! With that it's just like having a nerfed hysteria: an insane cost of energy and now a cooldwn, thanks... (By the way, i can still red crit without the augment).

The nidus augment, this one is the best of all this 4, but the majority of missions and the new enemy scaling make it worthless. (If 100 mutations were enough for most of the content that warframe offers, then 300 are just too many, this will only benefit those 5 hours survival runs and still you have the 30 seconds cooldown, when in those levels you can die in less than 5 seconds).

To sum up i would like to say that no one has enough space to fully test this amount of augments, an augment slot should be on the way now.

Nice to see valkyr getting an augment that will probably be changed in a few months when she is finally reworked.

Atlas Augment is interesting, Saryn augment is pretty useless and the nidus one just feels like something that won't be used in the context you'd want to use those extra stacks(Arbies)

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes:

Since this is a mission-critical glitch, please fix (or at least acknowledge) the locked green doors in Pulse Turbines on Railjack missions.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189066-railjack-revisited-part-1-bug-report-megathread-read-first-post/?do=findComment&comment=11548318

I don't know about that Desolate Hands change for Baruuk. I know it's a straight buff, but the whole point of the power was to share the charges between allies... now everyone has the same amount of charges as Baruuk for free: allies, companions as well as defense objectives, giving them virtually infinite charges with damage reduction. Seems to go against the the idea of the power. At least it doesn't feel right as a long time Baruuk user.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Can you expand on why you think they're a waste?

I can expand on the new Valkyr augment.
It's not worth it for either of the major builds. Warcry builds don't use Hysteria for anything else than a quick heal because it really ain't worth it to use it to deal damage when you can just do more with a standard melee weapon.
Hysteria builds wont use it because they want to use Hysteria. They don't want to use Hysteria for 50% of the time.

Even if you try to make some new build with the mod it just doesn't feel good. You get to have fun for half of the time, and there's no winning! If you build for low duration max efficiency you get to recast the ability all the time, if you build for long duration you get to spend tons of time not using the ability you are augmenting!

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

New Warframe Augments (max Rank)!

19e0e61e81bc1e5fe229b3f7d70e1b32.jpg 

Head to the respective Syndicate Offerings to add these new Warframe Augments to your Arsenal!

Atlas - Passive - Rubble Heap
When above 1400 Rubble, Landslide costs no Energy, deals 2x Damage, and travels 2x faster.

Nidus - Passive - Abundant Mutation
Nidus gains an additional 200 max stacks of Mutation. Undying has a 30s cooldown.

Valkyr - Hysteria - Enraged
Damage increased by 200%, Critical Chance increased by 200%. Hysteria lasts for 15s, and receives a matching cooldown.

Saryn - Spore - Revealing Spores
Infected enemies within 40m will show up on the Minimap.

Nightwave Changes & Fixes:

• Your move speed in Glassmaker Crime Scene #1 now matches the Leverian move speed. Inspect with more haste!
  • Cephalite Resonance is now linkable in Chat which can also reveal the amount in your Inventory.
  • Fixed a script error that could occur if an enemy was Glassed while on a mounted turret.

Changes:

• Baruuk’s Desolate Hands will no longer consume a charge from Baruuk when sharing with Allies.
  • From player requests, the Directed Convergence Mod has been converted to an Exilus Mod.

Optimizations:

• Improved robustness of the launcher in the face of hostile networks (this may solve cases where an update is not visible to some users immediately).
  • Fixed an issue with certain particle effects when running the game at very high frame-rates. As seen here:
    • 62dd34bc60d7906c8564802ee3f14548.png  

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash that could occur in Sortie Defense missions due to Defense Targets patrolling outside of the combat zone. 
  • Fixed inability to target Baruuk’s Desolate Hands and Nezha’s Warding Halo on Defendable objects. 
  • Fixed ability to hack a Bursa for free if you exited the hack via the pause menu.
  • Fixed Blood Rush, Gladiator Mod Set, and Weeping Wounds bonuses not resetting if you’re the Operator when the Combo expires.
  • Fixed Parazon Mods not remaining equipped after a Host migration.
  • Fixed an abrupt Mission Failed due to Arbitration Defense targets dying randomly when attempting to teleport to the player when falling behind or just simply falling through the ground to their demise. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1194047-defense-arbitration-missions-spawning-bug-investigating/
  • Fixed Wardens in Rescue missions sometimes teleporting ahead of the player en route to extraction.
  • Fixed downed Kuva Larvlings sometimes teleporting ahead of the player en route to extraction.
  • Fixed Hildryn’s Ability Drain not updating in Arsenal Stats.
  • Fixed another case of the Vasca Curative not working on Kavats.
  • Fixed Nezha and Zephyrs Passive disable Augments giving the incorrect amount of Strength.

FIX THE STUPID BUG WHERE U CANT LOGIN PLEASE

I am confused by the Valkyr augment.  What benefit is it meant to bring?  Mine can already blend just about any non-open-world-boss, non-immune enemy in the game in seconds with Hysteria's slide attack.  All it took to get her there was a few forma on her and her talons.  I guess this mod would make the numbers bigger?  Does that even matter if the enemy is dead either way?  What mod would I even replace to use this one?  And adding a cooldown takes away the more important utility of Hysteria which is staying alive against higher level enemies that otherwise go through her like tissue paper when you don't have Adaptation or the tanking arcanes (which I don't).  The added strength won't even make me want to not use slide attacks because I'm not using them for the damage so much as the mobility since she doesn't have any ability to close the distance without using another augment, and she really can't afford the loss of a mod in my experience.  Maybe someone will work out the math and present a build where this mathematically turns out to be the most effective damage output option for Valkyr, but I'd rather stay alive and do my damage a little slower than die four times and fail the mission because I couldn't use my only means of self-preservation.

20 minutes ago, Derium-Envy said:

I can expand on the new Valkyr augment.
It's not worth it for either of the major builds. Warcry builds don't use Hysteria for anything else than a quick heal because it really ain't worth it to use it to deal damage when you can just do more with a standard melee weapon.
Hysteria builds wont use it because they want to use Hysteria. They don't want to use Hysteria for 50% of the time.

Even if you try to make some new build with the mod it just doesn't feel good. You get to have fun for half of the time, and there's no winning! If you build for low duration max efficiency you get to recast the ability all the time, if you build for long duration you get to spend tons of time not using the ability you are augmenting!

Those are some valid points but I think the issue here is the augment is not objectively bad, it just does not suit your playstyle (and it may be likely that this is the majority-opinion). I'm going to give it a try tonight to see my thoughts of it in practice, but I'm still not convinced that it is a bad mod. The damage bonuses are pretty significant and it may very well suit a hysteria + paralysis setup.

So why did we get 2nd augments for all these frames when there are frames still lacking augments for some of their abilities still? Like Hildryns 2 and 4, All of Gauss, technically all of Grendel since his 4 augment is just for movement, etc.

Archived