Lutesque

So what have you guys been doing with your Exilus Weapon Slots ?

Well Me Personally... I've been going for a Passive Reloading Build using The Synth Set and The Conclave Mods:

latest?cb=20191101055715latest?cb=20191101055715latest?cb=20191101055716

As a Bonus having a Naramon Exilus Slot allows me to use all the Silencer Mods for my Ivara/Wisp Builds :) Its really Expensive though... I need to have exactly 8 out of 9 Polarized Slots on Every Weapon that uses these Mods...and on top of that I need to have Companions with some Slots to Spare for the Synth Set.

What about you guys ? how have Weapon Exilus Slots Affected you ?

Posted (edited)

Depends on the weapon.

My default is personally holster speed, it's really nice in general.
For weapons with early falloff (Kohm, Catchmoon), I use Projectile Speed so that the falloff is less severe.
On Pyrana Prime specifically, I use Steady Heads as a recoil reducer.
If a weapon has ammo issues, I slot in Vigilante Supplies or an Ammo Mutation. I generally run Carrier Prime at the moment though, so I don't bother too much.
On Rubico Prime specifically, I use the Ambush Optics exilus that got moved to PvE recently, I am so much better at aiming when it doesn't zoom in 50000000000x.
And obviously, in all my Ivara loadouts, I use silencers.

I personally love the slot, as it lets me slot in things that I like, but would never take over more damage or speed. I will always put in enough forma to use the Exilus slot.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S
  • Like 1

Ammo mutations and the odd Stabilizer or Projectile Speed here, mostly using Ammo mutations to save a slot for Vigilante Supplies (for crit upgrades more than anything). Stabilizer and Steady hands are great utility on stuff like Prisma Grakata and AkLex Prime.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

only using silenced mod like Hush, Silent Battery and suppress for the weapons i use with ivara without sacrificing dps and using energizing shot when i use another frame to recover more energy. or using ammo mutation mods on weapons more ammo inefficient.

latest?cb=20200326033417

Edited by enemystand
  • Like 3

letting them pile up and sit in my inventory...except for the silence ones

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

My default is personally holster speed, it's really nice in general.

Theres been a Change to Holster Animations since I last played Warframe that makes me need to use Speed Holster Now... Seems like a Bug because its Really Inconsistent. 

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

For weapons with early falloff (Kohm, Catchmoon), I use Projectile Speed so that the falloff is less severe.

I have this on my Fulmin :)

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

On Pyrana Prime specifically, I use Steady Heads as a recoil reducer.

Funny enough... It seems like if you enable Aim Assist, then that Sort of Helps with The Recoil.... that being said... it will circle around and bite you in the ass in other Situations

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

On Rubico Prime specifically, I use the Ambush Optics exilus that got moved to PvE recently, I am so much better at aiming when it doesn't zoom in 50000000000x.

Even as a Neck Beared Die Hard Lanka Fan Boy... I am Super Jealous of this Mod... I think Il be using Rubico more often now 😄 !!

8 minutes ago, enemystand said:

only using silenced mod like Hush, Silent Battery and suppress for the weapons i use with ivara without sacrificing dps and using energizing shot when i use another frame to recover more energy. or using ammo mutation mods on weapons more ammo inefficient.

latest?cb=20200326033417

This would actually be fun if I had the Endo for it

Ah yes, the Tactical Reload mods! I would love to use it on Kuva Chakkhur in Index... but DE decided that not all "Assault Rifles" can equip Tactical Reload. So despite Gun Glide being an option for Kuva Chakkhur (Gun Glide being for "Assault Rifle"), Tactical Reload is not an option. I'm sure it's the same for the other mods.

Exilus slot for weapon should have come with an exilus polarity, too complicated for the sake of making something complicated.

I for sure use them on all my Kuva weapons because the extra mod space due to rank 40 and the mandatory 5 forma really make it worth it. You have all this leftover mod capacity, so why not put on another mod? And I don't like unnecessarily restricting my mod build flexibility by overly forma'ing, so sometimes that last forma to reach rank 40 goes on the exilus if it suits the weapon better. Win-win.

On other weapons, I don't use them all that often for the reasons stated above. Maybe if my build doesn't use too much mod capacity or something really needs to be done to improve the weapon.

As for what exilus mods I use, it depends on the weapon. Ammo mutation/Vigilante Supplies for the bullet hoses, passive reload for the ones with long reload times, etc. Whatever the weapon needs.

Aero Periphery: less zoom on aimglide is nice and the set bonus is free long range, single target CC, nice to stop a demolyst in its tracks for a moment.

Mostly I didn’t bother unlocking them. Since the game spent so long teaching us to live without them, there was no great impetus to using them once they had a dedicated slot.

So a couple guns got exilus mods, but most still just have a locked slot.

Vigilante Supplies in all Primaries.

Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation in all Secondaries. 

I see no reason to use anything else.

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Hush on a maxed out flamethrower is seriously like a Mardi Gras parade waltzing down Canal Street....

I have never seen either of these things. What do you mean?

Nothing. Outside of Acceltra and Akarius basically needing ammo mutation, nothing. 

It's useless, and I wouldn't miss it if they remove it. And stop this "MuH PoWeRcReEp" when vigilante supplies gives you +5 enhanced crits, and projectile speed creates literal monsters.

Having the ability to put in +reload speed and the like would not kill the game, and would make it worth it to put up to 3 extra forma into primaries and secondaries..

• Like 3

Eject Magazine on secondaries, +Accuracy mods on AR-s with a Madurai Exilus Polarity and imperfect accuracy, like Stradavar P, usually Ammo Mutation mods on Grenade/Rocket Launchers and snipers (i might start using +zoom ones on some for open world missions)or just in general for weapons that doesn't benefit from anything else, +projectile speed seems nice for shotguns and bows.

I don't use Hush anymore, if i needed a silenced weapon for whatever reason, i would make use of my Banshee's passive or use Baza Prime/Dread/Rakta Cernos (if the syndicate proc is not annoying for what i need it for)or Skiajati, i wouldn't spend a slot on bandaids such as holster speed, it's not a big issue and i rarely switch weapons anyways.

Overall Eject Magazine, +Zoom and Ammo Mutation mods seems the most useful to me.

If it is high rate of fire and a crit weapon I fit the ammo conversion+critUP mod, if it is a projectile weapon I fit Travel speed. If it is a secondary it is either -recoil or Travel Speed.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS FKIN USELESS! Exilus weapon slots are a terribly implemented mechanic that needs mods like reload speed, fire rate, range and magazine capacity to be AN EXILUS MOD!

Otherwise only 2 or 3 mods are really used, AND EVERY DAMN TIME THE POLARITY IS WRONG FOR THE WEAPON!

No recoil weapon? V POLARITY! Projectile weapon? DASH POLARITY! You have to forma the gd dmn exilus every single time!

13 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

If it is high rate of fire and a crit weapon I fit the ammo conversion+critUP mod, if it is a projectile weapon I fit Travel speed. If it is a secondary it is either -recoil or Travel Speed.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS FKIN USELESS! Exilus weapon slots are a terribly implemented mechanic that needs mods like reload speed, fire rate, range and magazine capacity to be AN EXILUS MOD!

Otherwise only 2 or 3 mods are really used, AND EVERY DAMN TIME THE POLARITY IS WRONG FOR THE WEAPON!

No recoil weapon? V POLARITY! Projectile weapon? DASH POLARITY! You have to forma the gd dmn exilus every single time!

^this so much. Wexilus was supposed to make life easier, but then they go and put the wrong damn polarity on 90% of weapons for the mod that people will obviously pick, so then that's another Forma on each and every one. most of the time it's just projectile Velocity that I go for when applicable, Recoil doesn't bother me that much, and while some will say Mag capacity and Reload speed have an indirect impact on sustained DPS, they should still be made Exilus mods, because how else are they gonna get used otherwise? nobody is going to gimp their crit or status just for faster reloads, people want both.

• Like 1

Only thing I've used them for is ammo mutation on my pox because its got such a small ammo pool and projectile speed on my hema because the travel time is annoying.

If we could get depleted reload as a exilus mod, then I would be a very happy tenno.

I'm aware it might never happen.

But I can dream.

shotguns that don't use the battery function: vigilante armaments.

any weapon that has bad ammo economy: same

others: reload on holster.

My usual setups are for simple QOL, nothing more.

but i'll gladly use nothing but armaments over anything just so the small odds of me running out of ammo never happens.