Question

1. ONLY one of your friends
2. /\ Holding a Bleeding Dragon Key
3. /\ With no Revives
4. /\ In a Nova build ''with 300 HP, by default''
5. an Ignis*² as main
6. a Spectra* as sidearm
7. Ash* frame - or any frame, really - holding a Hobbled Dragon Key

8. COMPLETE LACK OF INTEL ON THE FIGHT (read: the only thing we knew was from the picture DE showed of the boss for the update)

Still. The time we did it? Things went better than expected. Phase 1 felt never ending, and gruesome. And bitter. But we lived. Then phase 2 (''WHAT, there's TWO phases?!'' we thought) went horribly HORRIBLY sour fast. Nova died early in phase 2, I mean, with 75 HP, it was a matter of time before I couldn't run (haha, ''run''. with 50% speed YEAH RIGHT*ahem*) and revive her. And I could barely reach out and poke anything with my Spectra. And I felt so alone. And slow. AND HURTING. ALL. THE. TIME.

I took about.... an eternity, but I managed to NOT DIE (*cough* more than 4 times since I had all my revives *cough*).

And killed the thing.

Video of the 'How to Clumsily Improvise/Panic through the most Horrible Strategic and Tactical Decisions ever made against Lephantis' should be up soon. My friend (the unfortunate Nova player) is compressing and editing the video as I type. It's only showing the last third of the fight as we didn't think of starting it earlier. Which is a good thing. His drive had 100mb left after the kill. Will likely take an entire day to compress, if all goes well!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with what doesn't even BEGIN to describ how I started to VAGUELY have a hint that my weapon loadout (and choice of vault key**) were probably the worst thing I could have ever done to myself for this fight:
first_golem_ever__Ignislv10_Spectralv23_

*potato'd, for the record

BUT TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU I WISH I'D HAVE BROUGHT A NON-POTATO'D LV30 MK-1 INSTEAD O GOD

**not even sure if there are vaults spawning in assassination... like I said, we have NO idea what we did. Other than the thought that ''it probably was going to be dumb as f***''. Which it was. After the fight, I didn't even bother hunting for a vault anyway, given that I saw there was plenty of enemies that spawned and I was low on EVERYTHING (ammo, health, energy, hopes, dreams, tears, sanity) and just ''smoke bomb'd'' my way to extraction. SCREW. THAT.

EDIT: VIDEO IS DONE! Now to put it on youtube. it's 1.1 gig in 480 quality and 17min 19sec long lol so uh... that too will take a bit of time. Also, the OST is badass? That Nova sure has good musical tastes! Turns out that's what was playing while we fought, no edits made there.

Edited by BWS-1

16 answers to this question

And I thought that it is a common knowledge that not every weapon and not every frame is suited for every situation.

Haha, but it IS common knowledge. I just thought it would be ''a bit'' of a challenge. Not to mention that, given that the ''situation'' was something we knew nothing of, it felt like a gamble that we had fair chances of being manageable... ok, I take it back, we didn't know NOTHING entirely: it did look like Infested, so I figured ''hey, Infested could char well, right?''.

And while the odds weren't in my favour to begin with (as the range of ''ideal situations'' for something like an Ignis or Spectra... or ''an Ignis AND a Spectra'' are already limited), I didn't expect to fall straight to the polar opposite of the spectrum away from ''ideal situation'' to ''you probably just pulled off the single worst loadout for the situation. The only thing worse would be if you could somehow choose to NOT equip weapons at all. But you can't do that. Which is good. You probably would have tried anyway.''

Edited by BWS-1

Maybe a stupid question here, but, whats wrong with the Ignis vs Lephantis?

I happened to have found it pretty good for Phase 2 mopping of mobs, but it downright sucks at reaching out to the boss. There's probably ONE spot you can get anything done and it's at the top of stairs, but then you get rushed by mobs fast or just stabbed/spat in the face by the boss.

When I stopped being STUPID and realized that in the fight, I started using Spectra entirely for the boss, and ran around, smoke bombing just as it sees me and attacks, so I can shoot it but not have the mobs in the way, then run and kill mobs to loot energy... that too took a while to come up with, since I'd sometimes freak out and smoke bomb but the boss wouldn't face me. And so long you don't have anything to give the boss ANGER ISSUES, it won't open it's sweet sweet weak spots. And that kind of is a bit annoying when you are a lone (invisible) wolf in the field.

For Phase 1, well, seeing as there's a lot of moving around and, frankly, with my slow speed, it didn't help that I needed to get ''within arm's reach'' to get the flames to lick the boss' weakpoints, but they also move in and out of the ground a lot, and that, often at the other side of the map or well, just random, and if it's on you, ah, you fall down and that sucks.

Good thing I wasn't alone there, I think most of Phase 1 damage was taken cared of by my Nova friend. I may be the one to have killed the beast in the end, but all in all, WE defeated it.

Edited by BWS-1

Hey, nice effort! I think some would have just been like, crap!

I know I started a solo void survival and brought the wrong weapons that were low ranked and then I realized I left the bleeding key on and then the stalker was coming and I just said, "forget it" and left the mission. So, I bow to your commitment and dedication, you are a better tenno than I.

Hey, nice effort! I think some would have just been like, crap!

I know I started a solo void survival and brought the wrong weapons that were low ranked and then I realized I left the bleeding key on and then the stalker was coming and I just said, "forget it" and left the mission. So, I bow to your commitment and dedication, you are a better tenno than I.

You may have had what it took to have the WILL to live through that; you may even have had what it took to put the EFFORTS as well... but all you might have lacked, at that moment, was the DESIRE to spend the TIME to go through with that challenging situation of yours.

So for that, I wouldn't say I am ''a better tenno'' per se, I sometimes just really WANT to fight against the impossible and win.

Adds another layer of meaning to the expression ''he who does not hope to win has already lost''. Because, in the end, wouldn't it make sense to say ''he who gives up on the desire to win forfeits both victory AND defeat'' for how can you 'lose' that which you no longer seek? ;)

Edited by BWS-1