Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Animations Needs Get Some Variety Instead Of Sharing The Same Exact Thing.

__Kanade__

Even if you release a weapon like the Galatine with these stats everyone wants, it just ends up being a reskinned Scindo with added enemies per swing and better stats since it shares the same animations that are otherwise supposed to be for the Fragor, the stealth kill for the Galatine just leaves a huge "?" on my face.

We have so many weapon in the game, but they're boring to use cause no matter how cool the Ether Longsword looks or how well the Dual Heat Swords are, they still have the same static animations for both attack and stealth kills.

We need to start getting some variety in attack animations to make a weapon seem more unique, even adding another 2 sets of animations would be a start and allowing us to choose which set to use or even better, mix and match certain attack animations from the current sets and making our own animation set.

It's the same for primary and secondaries, instead of releasing a unique reload animation in a hotfix, just release the weapon with it's own reload animation.

I agree, it feels to me like melee weapons are only different stats right now, because they are share the same animations. I don't really buy other melee weapons because I know their animations will be the same, but just with different damage values. Doesn't really feel like a seperate item to me at all.

I agree. However think about how long it would take to create individual animations for every new and existing variation of melee weapon. It would slow the introduction of new melee weapons greatly as well as divert alot of DE's attention from more pressing matters like patches and new content. It would be nice as an addition, but unfortunatly I doubt it will happen.

I am personally fond of the idea of longswords animated in a way that gives a sensation fo precisely slicing through enemies with deadly efficiency, dual swords allowing a frame to pass through crowds of enemies like flowing water and heavy weapons like the Scindo cleaving an enemy in two from head to toe. Giving melee weapons better individual attack animations would be amazing, but I think that balancing them all to the point of being equally viable is a more pressing concern.

It's the same for primary and secondaries, instead of releasing a unique reload animation in a hotfix, just release the weapon with it's own reload animation.

While I agree wholeheartedly to a diversification of melee animations, that already changed. The Soma and the Gremlin came as new weapons both with their unique reload and magazine animations. The weapons that are hotfixed are older ones, where the animations were from the time when they just released new weapons faster than they probably should have (new model, but standarized anchorpoints for gripping and reload as pointed out during 2 livestreams I think).

I guess the problem with doing the same for melee is, that it takes way more work to animate a whole attack set (jump, charge, normal, finisher, slide, stealth, [wall]) than to animate a few parts of a weapon. Still they should invest some time to revisit some melee weapons, and let at least not swords and hammers/axes have the same animation.

On a related topic: Why is the wall attack of us heavy weapon users the god damn slide spin? I see that we probably won't do a flying slash like the longsword types, but the spin is just really, really awkward in that instance.

Edited by Geisterklinge