(NSW)Gamer-Steve

Accidentally made new forum account while trying to update actual account's glyph

Question

Hi, I've been waiting on a support ticket throughout the week, but I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this particular thing before?

I'm making sure to keep both accounts from benefiting on the forums from one another (Quoting the original, actual account above would only send it a notice of being quoted), but what I'm hoping for is that when the Tennocon 2020 glyph is added to the forums, I can safely delete the newer account (The one which began the thread), and then re-log into my actual forum account on the computer.

As of yesterday, I've confirmed that I can currently only access my actual forum account (The one which is quoted in the post) through my phone whenever I go into the forums through google, or the Warframe Mobile app. Currently, when I get onto the forums on the computer here at home, it logs into the newer account. There was a brief time that I noticed the "(NSW)" was missing from this new account's name, so (Can't remember 100%) I may have accidentally made a PC forum account and upon logging in with the Switch button on the website, it became a second Switch forum account.

I'm hoping that since this accidental new account is not affecting my in-game progress, it can be deleted, and maybe restore access (Via computer) to my actual forum account, so that I can use it without needing my phone.

Any thoughts or community / staff feedback will help for sure! Let me know if any other info is relevant.

5 answers to this question

try messaging a mod to see about deleting it....if they can't do it they'll probably know what to do.

Posted (edited)

(Back on my phone for now)

Couldn't hurt to try. The worst-case scenario I can think of is if the two accounts somehow were digitally linked, where deleting the newer one affects the other things. Although only staff might be able to find out if that happened or not.

(Edit 05-20-2020)

I sent a message to one of the moderators for now, so I'll wait until I hear back before doing much more. I briefly saw on some other past threads about merging accounts, etc. Though I'm not sure if that's a good course of action here, since my actual account is definitely in use, whereas that other one isn't connected to my Nintendo switch.

Edited by (NSW)Gamer-Steve
Just wanted to update the post on the current situation.

(Small situation update!)  Well, mostly a discovery i think. I've managed to log onto this "new" account via my Nintendo switch itself, so it may be that my  Mobile Warframe account was outdated in some way. It is still connected to my Switch progress of course, but considering the fact that my own console logged into this account after being redirected from the Nintendo sign-in, maybe what needs to happen is along the lines of resetting my mobile warframe app, so it can re-link to this new account and (If the "actual" account I originally made on the forum is no longer connected to my switch) possibly merge the old forum account's info to this one, or sever it's connection with my phone, so my phone and console will rely on the accidental new account (More bold letters due to inability to turn it off on Switch touchscreen) from then on. It may leave the original account sitting in place without any further actions unless it were (For a figure of speech) Valence Fused into this one, or done away with. I'm mainly hoping for a way to determine which account will not harm the in-game progress by getting deleted or merged. I'll update the support ticket later today with this sudden discovery :]

Support is running a bit behind due to both Pandemic and Ticket Flood depending on priority you may be seeing at least a three week wait just an FYI. They will get to it tho so hang tight. I had a purchase issue and that took about a little over a week to get a response.

• Like 1

Dang. That's understandable though (My switch was low on power, so I'm back on via the phone app). I'd be alright with waiting on things as long as DE employees are doing what they can safely.

Aside from that, I'm admittedly a wee bit worried that the wrong forum account could be affected, but in the meantime to mitigate that, I'm looking into a way to reset the app on my phone, so I can relink it to my switch account (Maybe delete and redownload it?) Hypothetically if it actually worked in the future, this original account might no longer be accessible through anything, I'm thinking. But if that means everything would work out, I'd be ok with starting fresh on the forum stuff.