Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidentally made new forum account while trying to update actual account's glyph

(NSW)Gamer-Steve

Question

Hi, I've been waiting on a support ticket throughout the week, but I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this particular thing before?

I'm making sure to keep both accounts from benefiting on the forums from one another (Quoting the original, actual account above would only send it a notice of being quoted), but what I'm hoping for is that when the Tennocon 2020 glyph is added to the forums, I can safely delete the newer account (The one which began the thread), and then re-log into my actual forum account on the computer.

As of yesterday, I've confirmed that I can currently only access my actual forum account (The one which is quoted in the post) through my phone whenever I go into the forums through google, or the Warframe Mobile app. Currently, when I get onto the forums on the computer here at home, it logs into the newer account. There was a brief time that I noticed the "(NSW)" was missing from this new account's name, so (Can't remember 100%) I may have accidentally made a PC forum account and upon logging in with the Switch button on the website, it became a second Switch forum account.

I'm hoping that since this accidental new account is not affecting my in-game progress, it can be deleted, and maybe restore access (Via computer) to my actual forum account, so that I can use it without needing my phone.

Any thoughts or community / staff feedback will help for sure! Let me know if any other info is relevant.

15 answers to this question

(Back on my phone for now)

Couldn't hurt to try. The worst-case scenario I can think of is if the two accounts somehow were digitally linked, where deleting the newer one affects the other things. Although only staff might be able to find out if that happened or not.

(Edit 05-20-2020)

I sent a message to one of the moderators for now, so I'll wait until I hear back before doing much more. I briefly saw on some other past threads about merging accounts, etc. Though I'm not sure if that's a good course of action here, since my actual account is definitely in use, whereas that other one isn't connected to my Nintendo switch.

(Small situation update!)  Well, mostly a discovery i think. I've managed to log onto this "new" account via my Nintendo switch itself, so it may be that my  Mobile Warframe account was outdated in some way. It is still connected to my Switch progress of course, but considering the fact that my own console logged into this account after being redirected from the Nintendo sign-in, maybe what needs to happen is along the lines of resetting my mobile warframe app, so it can re-link to this new account and (If the "actual" account I originally made on the forum is no longer connected to my switch) possibly merge the old forum account's info to this one, or sever it's connection with my phone, so my phone and console will rely on the accidental new account (More bold letters due to inability to turn it off on Switch touchscreen) from then on. It may leave the original account sitting in place without any further actions unless it were (For a figure of speech) Valence Fused into this one, or done away with. I'm mainly hoping for a way to determine which account will not harm the in-game progress by getting deleted or merged. I'll update the support ticket later today with this sudden discovery :]

Support is running a bit behind due to both Pandemic and Ticket Flood depending on priority you may be seeing at least a three week wait just an FYI. They will get to it tho so hang tight. I had a purchase issue and that took about a little over a week to get a response.

Dang. That's understandable though (My switch was low on power, so I'm back on via the phone app). I'd be alright with waiting on things as long as DE employees are doing what they can safely.

Aside from that, I'm admittedly a wee bit worried that the wrong forum account could be affected, but in the meantime to mitigate that, I'm looking into a way to reset the app on my phone, so I can relink it to my switch account (Maybe delete and redownload it?) Hypothetically if it actually worked in the future, this original account might no longer be accessible through anything, I'm thinking. But if that means everything would work out, I'd be ok with starting fresh on the forum stuff.

On 2020-05-22 at 2:55 AM, Magus_Tahir said:

Support is running a bit behind due to both Pandemic and Ticket Flood depending on priority you may be seeing at least a three week wait just an FYI. They will get to it tho so hang tight. I had a purchase issue and that took about a little over a week to get a response.

The glyph finally updated here on the computer! I appreciate your advice from before too :]

All I need to do at this point is check my phone to see if that app updated itself on the forums, and let Support know. I'm kinda guessing I may need to delete the app and re-link it to my account, but for now I told them it's working out too. I haven't noticed any misplaced resources, etc. since this happened, so the only loose end is whether or not the app has the proper glyph when it accesses the forums.

I'm briefly back on my phone to check on this profile's glyph; It hasn't updated. I'll update the support ticket on the computer in a little bit here.

Worst case scenario would be that this particular profile will be left alone, in the event I needed to delete the nexus app & re-link it to my Switch account. I'm guessing that if I were to do that, this profile may not be directly affected by it, but theoretically leave it inaccessible.

I'll see what support recommends I should do. This forum profile hasn't directly affected or been affected by the main profile (Such as liking my own posts, etc.), as far as that goes, so there's nothing to worry about there as far as I know.

Dang @(NSW)draugath. Have you tried logging onto the forums directly from the news console in-game? That's one way I was able to determine which account is officially used by the Switch.

As far as I know, it should be fine with two forum accounts as long as one doesn't benefit from the other. It could help to know which one is now your main one.

1 hour ago, (NSW)CrimsonChemist42 said:

I think I am. I tried to log out of the forum then log back in, but it instead made a new account (this one).

Dang. What did you use to log back in? Back when this started for me (Eventually [DE]Danielle resolved it!), I had one account to log into using either the computer for Warframe Nexus app on my phone. But I had a mishap with logging in via computer one day, and I made a new account that wasn't connected to the phone app, but that was still working for my things in-game.

Are there any other devices like a phone that you might sometimes log in with? When the split occurred, I also tested my Nintendo Switch itself, and lo & behold it began to use the new account! It might be worthwhile confirming or de-confirming if your Switch logs into the forums with the new account by using the News console at the front of the orbiter. I hope it helps for now, in the meantime, gather whatever information you have about the situation and get a ticket in the running for Support :]

Archived