Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Alternative Ways To Open The Orokin Vaults

CeePee

Please read the whole story, guaranteed to amuse you!

It was a late night and the three of us (Deadl0ck, Skirata1, CeePee) wanted to go hunt for some Orokin Vaults and join the Tenno photoshoot event with our own entry.

We couldn't find a 4th guy so we went on trying our luck, hoping we'd have the right key.

After arriving to the Vault door, we tried everything but alas the door stood firm, we didn't have the right key with us.

Vault2.jpg

After trying everything possible we gave up and started to look around the Derelict ship. That's when we heard the Grineer fighting some Infested in the distance. After a short firefight, there was only one Grineer left.

We caught him off guard so he had no other choice than to yield. That's when Skirata1 came up with a great idea: "Remember that Vault door we left behind? How about a deal? If you can open the Vault door we'll let you live. We get whatever is inside and you're free to go."

The Grineer soldier accepted our offer and we went back to the Orokin Vault door. The soldier started bombarding the vault door with everything he had, shaking the whole ship as the rockets hit the door.

Vault3.jpg

After hours on end shooting the Grineer soldier finally ran out of ammo. "I give up, this door won't budge" he said.

We looked at eachother and nodded, after which only a split second and the Grineer lied dead on the ground.

We went back to the door, looking the damage our Grineer ally had done and there wasn't even a scratch on the door. The Orokin sure knew how to lock their Vaults up tight.

I decided to try my key on the door for one last time but it wouldn't open. That's when Deadl0ck, standing next to me, hit me in the back of the head. "You moron! You're holding the key upside down!"

"Oh", I responded. Turning the key and it suddenly fit. We could hear the door mechanisms open up and the Vault finally opened in front of us, revealing the treasures hidden inside.

Vault8.jpg

TL;DR: There isn't any! Read the whole story, hope you enjoy it!

There was an infested spawn trapped inside the Vault door and it aggroed the Grineer standing next to the door. Skirata1 saw it first and shouted for us laughing to come and see. That's how we got our million dollar shot for the event, hope you guys & gals enjoyed the story!

Lol this was quite a read, thanks. I think i'll do some artistic work on that grineer shot and use it as a background on my desktop. xD

There's more too, if you wanna play around in photoshop. Feel free to use them!

I'm using SweetFX and max settings in the pictures :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84703207/Warframe/Vault4.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84703207/Warframe/Vault5.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84703207/Warframe/Vault6.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84703207/Warframe/Vault7.jpg

Lol i don't have PS seeing as i use a free downloadable program called Paint.net, suits me fine for what i've needed so far.

Indeed, but when you see the huge amount of screenshots, I think it's an easier way to pick 5 winners than checking all of them.

Not to mention the vast amount of people that aren't following the rules in the contest.

Indeed, but when you see the huge amount of screenshots, I think it's an easier way to pick 5 winners than checking all of them.

I'm pretty sure they take the amount of posts in that thread and roll for 5 winners. After that they see the post to make sure that there's a screenshot. If not, they roll again.

That'd atleast be simple way of doing it ^^

I don't even know, I posted mine, I'm not checking the thread. The amount of screenshots is just insane.

All i had to do was look at a couple of pages before i posted mine to see the sad amount of people failing to post most of what was asked or people submitting multiple pictures. Hell there was a group of 4 people that each one of the members posted a different pose (pic) from the same exact run with the same exact 4 people. Tbh i don't think thats fair to the others.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

All i had to do was look at a couple of pages before i posted mine to see the sad amount of people failing to post most of what was asked or people submitting multiple pictures. Hell there was a group of 4 people that each one of the members posted a different pose (pic) from the same exact run with the same exact 4 people. Tbh i don't think thats fair to the others.

Let's not derail this about discussing the actual event please, just enjoy the read ;)

Let's not derail this about discussing the actual event please, just enjoy the read ;)

Agreed, so back on topic nao!

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

No offence to some people who have posted screenshots but some are really just bad, bland or have nothing special to them. I hope the unique thoughtful ones are chosen instead of 'Oh look, yet 4 more frames standing  in front of a closed door'. I don't understand why people post the same screenshots when countless others have done exactly the same.

The screenshots above are examples of reasonably thoughtful screenshots.

Edited by Naith

No offence to some people who have posted screenshots but some are really just bad, bland or have nothing special to them. I hope the unique thoughtful ones are chosen instead of 'Oh look, yet 4 more frames standing  in front of a closed door'. I don't understand why people post the same screenshots when countless others have done exactly the same.

The screenshots above are examples of reasonably thoughtful screenshots.

Well to be fair, the competition is just a lottery :)