Learicorn

Please increase the timer in the glassmaker quiz mission!

Posted (edited)

60 seconds is way too little. I had no problem with completing it and did it on my second try but was forced to skip literally all the dialogue, didn't pay attention at all and still barely finished with one second left. Now i have no context for what exactly this quiz was about, what the character was saying/who he was and how it develops the story. I guess i could just search about it but that's just not right. A videogame should be experienced, not read about.

Edited by Learicorn
  • Like 10

rather than increasing the timer, Id say completely change it. Have him ask his question with no timer and no answers, then once he is done speaking, the timer begins and the choices appear. Though of course, you'd have a much shorter timer now, say 10-15 seconds each. with a brand new timer each time.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

rather than increasing the timer, Id say completely change it. Have him ask his question with no timer and no answers, then once he is done speaking, the timer begins and the choices appear. Though of course, you'd have a much shorter timer now, say 10-15 seconds each. with a brand new timer each time.

Or just have a cumulative timer. Glassmaker talks, then timer starts at 60 seconds. You make a choice, timer pauses, Glassmaker talks some more, then the timer continues from where it paused. If we HAD to have a timer, that is. I still feel the experience would work better untimed.

I ended up just running the quiz a second time just to listen to the Glassmaker, with no intention of succeeding. I did manage to hear all of his lines AND get the jumps correctly with about 2 seconds to spare. Honestly, just put his speech on a Codex entry or else stick it somewhere in the crime scene simulation once the player succeeds.

• Like 1

Why does this have a timer in the first place? It's not as if we're under any pressure to complete it in under a minute lorewise, and it just annoys anyone trying to get any meaning out of the entire sequence.

• Like 4

Yeah it seems like this wasn't tested. The dialogue doesn't even have time to play if you want to complete the quiz in time.

If there has to be a timer, it should only appear after that sections dialogue is done.

Also when the timer runs out, only the middle platform should evaporate. Cause I'm pretty sure I was on the last question and the answer platform disappeared as I was jumping over to it. Really frustrating.

• Like 1

I didn't even listen to the dialogue because the timer got me stressed out! Had 11 seconds left when i finished the quiz. I love the lore in this game but this quiz with a timer made me not care what the glassmaker said.

I had to first watch a youtube video about it to get some idea what was waiting for me, so I write down the important things and remembered the pictures, rushed through the quiz without even listening and ended with 3 seconds left.

What it was about? I have no clue.

I entered the level, heard the voice. No idea what it was about. Then suddenly a timer. "huh?" And a platform appears. "Jump!" Plattform vanishes. FIN 🤕

Wow , what a bunch of wining.  This is a game, your not supposed to get it the first time every time, your supposed to fail a few times and farm more cephilite to try again. That's what makes it a game.  If it was as easy as the previous commenters seem to want it to be what would be the point in playing as everyone would always win immediately.  

Sorry if that seems rude or mean it's not meant that way but people need to stop expecting things be lessened or brought down to a level that no talent or practice is required. Case in point is our sad, sad new railjack missions.  people complained till they were lowered so dramatically bad it is pointless to have a crew at all in the VEIL missions.  never get boarded almost impossible not to destroy incoming ramsleds if one ever even comes any more . absolutely destroyed those missions are , can solo any of them now in less than 15 min.  don't do this to the glass gambit or any more parts of warframe  just because a few people are upset they cant get it the first time or the fourth time it doesn't matter, it only means you need to keep trying till you can do it at the same difficulty as others not have everyone's brought down to lesser levels.

14 minutes ago, icodious said:

Wow , what a bunch of wining.  This is a game, your not supposed to get it the first time every time, your supposed to fail a few times and farm more cephilite to try again. That's what makes it a game.  If it was as easy as the previous commenters seem to want it to be what would be the point in playing as everyone would always win immediately.  

Frustrating =/= Hard. You and those who use your arguments need to learn that. Games are supposed to be fun. If your idea of 'fun' is failing repeatedly, then by all means go play the stock market. Some of us just want to relax.

• Like 1

seriously , whats repeatedly  to you, making it take 3 or four tries seems pretty dam easy to me especially since you have two weeks from release of it till second part comes out.   yah that's just wining to me

Timer just adds literally nothing, I fail to see any reason there should be one to begin with.

• Like 2

I did the puzzle after failing a few times.

The timer starts after the first question is asked, IIRC.

I cleared the puzzle easily by remembering the highlighted terms in the clues, and the three pictures / icons in the clues.