Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gladiator set doesn't affect iron staff now

1thurts

I don't know which patch update changed this, but by testing it both in simulacrum and in game, it seems gladiator set doesn't increase the cc of iron staff now.

Great job on continuing nerfing Wukong. Thank you DE for making iron staff even more useless.

• Like 3

vor 29 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Orcus Imperium:

But iron staff can slaughter high level heavy units with ease if you mod it right.

pro tip: Iron staff isn't a crit weapon.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Neon Lights9212:

if you are building the iron staff for crit, than that's a you problem, not the weapon, its a heavy status weapon, build it for a condition overload build with viral and heat or raidation, you'll clean up most enemies no problem. 

Now I'm really interested. Can one of you make a Video against a stronger armored enemy? Simulacrum test would be okay for me. Just keep the Ki on for the enemy.

2 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Now I'm really interested. Can one of you make a Video against a stronger armored enemy? Simulacrum test would be okay for me. Just keep the Ki on for the enemy.

sure, orcus is my brother, but im the one between the two of us with recording equipment and a fully modded wukong prime. i have no problem showing you a good build for iron staff and showing you what its capable of.  it will have to be later in the day (3:23 am for me)   around 12ish my time, i'll record the vid and post it on this thread for you

1 hour ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

if you are building the iron staff for crit

Using the gladiator set gives you crits regardless of how you build the Iron Staff, so I'm not sure where you're going with this patronisation.

To think people are so desperate to show off that they need to tell people they're building wrong in a thread like this...

Put simply if the OP is true, the Iron Staff, already a poorly balanced melee weapon, has been objectively made even worse than before. That's it, thread simplified.

Show off your build in your own thread please.

• Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, (XB1)Orcus Imperium a dit :

But iron staff can slaughter high level heavy units with ease if you mod it right.

pro tip: Iron staff isn't a crit weapon.

Il y a 2 heures, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 a dit :

if you are building the iron staff for crit, than that's a you problem, not the weapon, its a heavy status weapon, build it for a condition overload build with viral and heat or raidation, you'll clean up most enemies no problem. 

Pro tip, if you aren't an idiot and can count, you can do both things at once. Shocking, right? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

https://dd.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/gntsrq/gladiator_set_bonus_interaction_with_exalted/

Technically the bonus still works, Iron Staff (and any other exalted weapon) cannot build it however.

Still a nerf, and a rather convoluted 'solution' to it. 

How long does it last on the Exalted weapon, the whole time or until the combo on the normal weapon runs out?

Either way, I'm hoping that this was unintended.

1 minute ago, 555Faiz5 said:

i see eaything

Please stop.

Edited by DeMonkey

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Still a nerf, and a rather convoluted "solution" to it. 

How long does it last on the Exalted weapon, the whole time or until the combo on the normal weapon runs out?

Either way, I'm hoping that this was unintended.

Please stop.

The bonus remains on the exalted weapon until the original combo is gone. And it drains oddly - during my testing with power spike active, it'd drop from 11 to 10 stacks when it should, but remain at 10 until I lost the original combo entirely - that said, by the time I was testing how it decayed it was full simulacrum testing, and some stuff is weird in simulacrum like Chromatic Blade causing all procs from EB to double for while. Before this change happened, the original melee combo couldn't decay at all while an exalted weapon was active. Same with sniper combos during razorwing. Which is why the rolled out the fix recently, if a combo expired while in operator mode, you'd carry the bonus from bloodrush/gladiator/weeping wounds until you actually hit at least 2x combo again.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure it's a very long standing bug that has been fixed. DE has been pretty firm on "set bonuses aren't supposed to affect exalted weapons" when asked about it. Which leaves all of them in a very awkward position where they're the absolute best weapons you can have during your early and middle account progression, and graduate to be questionably useable outside of some niche cases.

Edited by nooneyouknow13

1 hour ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure it's a very long standing bug that has been fixed. DE has been pretty firm on "set bonuses aren't supposed to affect exalted weapons" when asked about it.

Could you provide a source for this?

Because if this were the case, they would have made it so that Exalted weapons couldn't benefit from them when they first changed how set mods affected them. In case anyone doesn't recall or wasn't here, originally you could double stack Set mod's by having the same mod on your melee and your Exalted weapon, and your Exalted would benefit from the crit multiplier from both of them. 

This was fixed so that only the set mods on an actual melee weapon provided the crit*combo, i.e. no double stacking. If the intention was to stop Exalted weapons from benefiting from the multiplier, then the fix would have been just that. They've had absolutely no problems before now stopping certain mods from working on Exalted weapons, this would have just been another instance of it. But they didn't, they very deliberately let it continue to work.

Hence my surprise.

As an aside, if this is it "bug fixed".

1 hour ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

The bonus remains on the exalted weapon until the original combo is gone. And it drains oddly - during my testing with power spike active, it'd drop from 11 to 10 stacks when it should, but remain at 10 until I lost the original combo entirely

Simulacrum or no simulacrum, does it really sound fixed? Because to me this looks like the broken state.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-21 at 9:48 AM, 1thurts said:

I don't know which patch update changed this, but by testing it both in simulacrum and in game, it seems gladiator set doesn't increase the cc of iron staff now.

Great job on continuing nerfing Wukong. Thank you DE for making iron staff even more useless.

Great job on trying to force cc on iron staff. Thank you for telling us you're great at builds.

9 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Pro tip, if you aren't an idiot and can count, you can do both things at once. Shocking, right? 

ok, so i had forgotten that iron staff has a 25% crit chance.  so a crit build would work on it.  i dont use crit on it often, so I dont usually pay attention to that stat.

10 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Using the gladiator set gives you crits regardless of how you build the Iron Staff, so I'm not sure where you're going with this patronisation.

To think people are so desperate to show off that they need to tell people they're building wrong in a thread like this...

Put simply if the OP is true, the Iron Staff, already a poorly balanced melee weapon, has been objectively made even worse than before. That's it, thread simplified.

Show off your build in your own thread please.

hey guy who claims to be a wukong main, here's a little evidence proving my point, notice the length of the vid, and how little energy i use. it takes me all of like.. 5 seconds to kill the lvl 140 corrupt gunners, and clearly remember you saying that iron staff falls off at level 75.  yeah, i call  absolute bs on that statement.  learn to mod your iron staff and come back to me with your proof. like i just did for you and everyone else who seems to think im crazy when i say iron staff is very much viable.  i use very little energy, i can kill level 140 enemies no problem.  

your key argument was that its bad cause it costs energy, last time we spoke, i made a comment mentioning work arounds to this so called problem of yours, let me guess, you dont use primed flow, or rage and adrenaline?  if so, than thats why you have energy management issues. have fun this vid took me all of 3 minutes to prove my point

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

and clearly remember you saying that iron staff falls off at level 75

You're going to struggle to prove that given I have never said that. Even before his rework I was happily killing enemies at a higher level than that.

Try again.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

your key argument was that its bad cause it costs energy

My argument is that it's bad because it costs energy to do exactly the same thing a normal melee weapon does.

Doesn't matter that there are work arounds available, for what it does it shouldn't cost a thing. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

let me guess, you dont use primed flow, or rage and adrenaline? 

Obviously I do, I'm just capable of looking at the ability objectively and saying, "yeah that isn't right".

5eps cost for an ability to do the same as a normal weapon? That isn't right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

https://dd.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/gntsrq/gladiator_set_bonus_interaction_with_exalted/

Technically the bonus still works, Iron Staff (and any other exalted weapon) cannot build it however.

Yeah I found that out as well. Build up combo for regular melee and then use iron staff with naramon actually the bonus could last a while. But still it's a straight nerf.

• Like 1

ok, so i had forgotten that iron staff has a 25% crit chance.  so a crit build would work on it.  i dont use crit on it often, so I dont usually pay attention to that stat.

hey guy who claims to be a wukong main, here's a little evidence proving my point, notice the length of the vid, and how little energy i use. it takes me all of like.. 5 seconds to kill the lvl 140 corrupt gunners, and clearly remember you saying that iron staff falls off at level 75.  yeah, i call  absolute bs on that statement.  learn to mod your iron staff and come back to me with your proof. like i just did for you and everyone else who seems to think im crazy when i say iron staff is very much viable.  i use very little energy, i can kill level 140 enemies no problem.  

your key argument was that its bad cause it costs energy, last time we spoke, i made a comment mentioning work arounds to this so called problem of yours, let me guess, you dont use primed flow, or rage and adrenaline?  if so, than thats why you have energy management issues. have fun this vid took me all of 3 minutes to prove my point

Majority of regular melees in my inventory can kill lvl140 hvygunner much faster than this. Also, try out a hybrid build on iron staff please. I mean iron staff isn't in a good spot right now and is outperformed by a lot of normal melees, but still it can do much better than what's shown in the video.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Could you provide a source for this?

Because if this were the case, they would have made it so that Exalted weapons couldn't benefit from them when they first changed how set mods affected them. In case anyone doesn't recall or wasn't here, originally you could double stack Set mod's by having the same mod on your melee and your Exalted weapon, and your Exalted would benefit from the crit multiplier from both of them. 

This was fixed so that only the set mods on an actual melee weapon provided the crit*combo, i.e. no double stacking. If the intention was to stop Exalted weapons from benefiting from the multiplier, then the fix would have been just that. They've had absolutely no problems before now stopping certain mods from working on Exalted weapons, this would have just been another instance of it. But they didn't, they very deliberately let it continue to work.

Hence my surprise.

As an aside, if this is it "bug fixed".

Simulacrum or no simulacrum, does it really sound fixed? Because to me this looks like the broken state.

Offhand no; but I would like to point out - gladiator mods on the actual exalted melee weapon have never contributed to the set bonus; the bonus didn't even display on set mods slotted on exalted weapons until around when Fortuna dropped. They had to be on your normal weapon, sentinel weapon, or frame. Set mods on Venari have also never contributed to the hunter or tek set bonuses. As for the double dipping, that was for the same set of mods being on your normal melee and sentinel weapons, and was fixed in 25.2.

Fixed ability to gain Set Mod bonus by using multiple copies of the same Mod if you have a Sentinel or Moa. Set Mod bonuses require different Mods from the Set to gain the bonus.

That's...not impressive at all.

And I'll still side with Iron Staff being lacking.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

As for the double dipping, that was for the same set of mods being on your normal melee and sentinel weapons, and was fixed in 25.2.

What I'm referring to was fixed long loooong before 25.2 was released. It only lasted a little while after set mods were released back in 2017. 

I'm not going to scour through several pages of hotfix upon hotfix though, I'm sure you can understand.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

ok, so i had forgotten that iron staff has a 25% crit chance.

Missed this bit in my initial response, can't help but laugh.

Iron Staff has 25% crit chance yes, and without a single mod on your Staff you can reach 62.5%, which Gladiator would scale off of. You can build the Staff solely for status if you want, and still absolutely benefit from the Gladiator set.

Edited by DeMonkey

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

What I'm referring to was fixed long loooong before 25.2 was released. It only lasted a little while after set mods were released.

I'm not going to scour through several pages of hotfix upon hotfix though, I'm sure you can understand.

That woulds be before my time. But from when I started playing in July 18 until the release of new sets with Fortuna, set mods on exalted were completely missing the entire portion of the tool tip referring to the bonus, and most people were under the impression the bonus didn't affect them at all. Stat sticking for the glad bonus on exalted weapons didn't really become a well known thing until 2019.

Iron Staff has 25% crit chance yes, and without a single mod on your Staff you can reach 62.5%, which Gladiator would scale off of. You can build the Staff solely for status if you want, and still absolutely benefit from the Gladiator set.

Gladiator hasn't scaled modified crit since melee 3.0.

Edited by nooneyouknow13

11 minutes ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

Stat sticking for the glad bonus on exalted weapons didn't really become a well known thing until 2019.

Err... For you perhaps? No offence intended ofc with this, but I don't think this is accurate in the slightest.

For myself and many others, we were using the set from the very beginning which was late 2017. There was significant discussion about it at the time on the forums, as well as the years since. 90% of Wukong threads mentioned how he interacted with the Gladiator set, since he was the frame best suited to making use of it. 

Not easy to take my word, granted, but I can assure you, it has been a known thing for far longer than just a year.

11 minutes ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

Gladiator hasn't scaled modified crit since melee 3.0.

Shows what I know. I barely pay attention to patch notes nowadays. I swing my weapon, it deals damage, all that matters.

Edited by DeMonkey