Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deadlock Protocol Coming Soon?

Bryuf

Don't know if anyone cares, but DE just posted something related to the Deadlock Protocol (link below) so it seems they might expect to release soon - I'm guessing early next week (Tuesday)

12 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

It better not disappoint.

I'd recommend lowering your expectations. They've only announced Protea (With a quest), Corpus Remaster, some new weapons/Moa, and the "index-like" mechanic using tokens in Corpus missions. Maybe hard mode if we're lucky.

Nothing more beyond that.

If they deliver precisely on giving you that, which is what they have shown and announced, then I'd have a hard time saying they didn't meet expectations unless you are expecting content they haven't mentioned or hyped.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I'd recommend lowering your expectations. They've only announced Protea (With a quest), Corpus Remaster, some new weapons/Moa, and the "index" mechanic they'll add. Maybe hard mode.

If they deliver precisely on giving you that, which is what they have shown and announced, then I'd have a hard time saying they didn't meet expectations unless you are expecting content they haven't mentioned or hyped.

My expectations of the gameplay and Protea fetch quests are as low as it gets, I just hope they don't complicate the remaster/tileset and creating an excuse of a story because this Corpus founder lore has so much potential they could explore

6 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I'd recommend lowering your expectations. They've only announced Protea (With a quest), Corpus Remaster, some new weapons/Moa, and the "index-like" mechanic using tokens in Corpus missions. Maybe hard mode if we're lucky.

Wise advice, regardless of if you're cynical or not.

Whether you hope for more or not, expect only what you have told to expect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

As always, keep expectations to a minimum. Don't let this update be like Railjack launch. Disappointment fest because of overhype.

..and also because we got barely a shell of what they promised at Tennocon, let's not forget that.

I reckon maybe this month for PC, consoles probably won't get it until mid June. as always, I'll be keeping my bar of expectations close to the floor and hoping it doesn't somehow fall through the floor like it has in the past on occasion. I want this "purgatory" thing they showed off to be fun, because I like the concept of it, and I'm eager to learn more about the Corpus and it's founder.

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

As always, keep expectations to a minimum. Don't let this update be like Railjack launch. Disappointment fest because of overhype.

Not only that, but don't pressure them about releasing the update early. Let them work it until it is fully cooked on the inside, albeit with some non-game breaking bugs. Early June would be ideal rather than next week.

Just now, Duality52 said:

Not only that, but don't pressure them about releasing the update early. Let them work it until it is fully cooked on the inside, albeit with some non-game breaking bugs. Early June would be ideal rather than next week.

I don't know, seems like Deadlock Protocol only brings tileset remaster and a quest. Nothing too ambitious like Railjack where it can attract a lot of unnecessary Hype.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

I don't know, seems like Deadlock Protocol only brings tileset remaster and a quest.

True, but mainlines like these tend to cause some people to pressure DE. Remember how one person took it to Twitter about threatening to quit if the Jovian Concord doesn't arrive soon?

23 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

True, but mainlines like these tend to cause some people to pressure DE. Remember how one person took it to Twitter about threatening to quit if the Jovian Concord doesn't arrive soon?

Likely a coincidence, the update is probably finished as the time of the post was made. Jovian Concord was actually a pretty smooth launch compared to Railjack. The only bug I saw during launch is during one of Ropalolyst cutscenes where your player animation bugs out. 

Edited by DrivaMain