Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working From Home: Devstreams (May 22)

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, (PS4)Michal_576_ said:

But im just saying this topic has been bought up but ignore many many times.

Definitely aware ):. Still, I have not given up all hope. You never know what may suddenly get their attention or trigger a response.

Any thoughts on developing an actual campaign for Warframe perhaps tied to the upcoming revised new player experience?  A "campaign" that ties together in a more cohesive and comprehensive way quests, past events, etc.?   Many players have missed out on so much lore and it can be hard to make sense of the narrative as it is.

So questions. There are multiple ways to keep beast companions alive ( bleedout link, healthsteal link, being able to resuscitate due to bleedout timer) but machines (sentinels/moas) only have regen. Is there any plans to add to this and make them more even?

Some people, like myself, like having load out slots for different frames, however with the increasing numbers of frames, one cannot make a slot for every frame. Would there ever be thoughts of linking appearance configs with mod configs as well?

mako's list of questions

hello devs, I hope all is well with you and yours

here are some questions, concerns ive had and hope to see some addressed in dev stream

1. per devstream 125 , it was stated more umbra warframes are in the works, has an order or any specifics as to the next frames in that line been discussed ? 
  2. per prior channeling being removed, we were told a new "devil trigger state" was to replace it eventually , that grants a limited time boost im power, speed, damage ect, is this still bieng worked on ? is there any new plans or development for this in melee 3.0 that have not been discussed prior  
  3. deluxe skins: so we've seen a few of the new deluxe wip and styles , can we take a look at hydriods, and if possible what is the new concept art for zephyr deluxe ? 
  4. given the new developments to tie in railjack to zones and such via squad link, will deadlock protocol have any such interconnection style as this for tenno to use ?  
  5. how is the progress with the community "broken frame" powers kit going ? 
  6.  will there ever be a full sentient unit for tenno to pilot like a warframe to use as their warframe partner ? 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Dracanoblade said:

machines (sentinels/moas) only have regen.

Moas are downed and reviveable like kubrows and kavats. Use health link, bleedout link and the like, too.

I recommend Oloro, very fun precept that lets you stay airborn for a long time.

any chance we get the ability to hide the quiver seperatly from bows and even better would be the option to hide the quiver while you are using the bow in missions, there are some warframes that look really horrible with a quiver on their back (Nezha Deluxe) and some quivers are just enormous and look almost always weird (bramma and maybe lenz).

hope you guys are all save and sound

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

So, we can expect it next week-ish? Sweet.

Pablo mentioned a problem in the interview with shy - that it's impossible (or at the very least, deeply impractical) to create more interesting/challenging AI and combat encounters with the level of power we currently possess. But players inevitably  will chafe if player power is nerfed. Have there been any thoughts on how to resolve this?

simple; No nerfs.
Make the challenge the level its-self.

Hey hey DE, hope everyone is staying well. I was wondering if we could get a set of solo negative stat mods (duration, strength, range) for Warframes, preferably eligible for the exilus slot.

Why? Well, negative stats are useful in some cases, but tying them in with the rarer corrupted mods means it's way harder to tune the negative stats to the desired level you want since mods are one rank and one rank only. You need multiple to tune your trade-off just right. I'd also adore being able to freely de-rank and re-rank mods at no extra cost after ranking them up initially. We only have access to a single Umbra Steel Fiber, ever! and it hurts Rage builds to overlevel it. I consider this separate from my desire for unique solo negative stat mods. Since it is always a trade off, I think exilus slot eligibility is reasonable. Perhaps they could be added to the boss drop tables with the status vulnerability change.

Some helpful negative stat mod examples for anyone curious; Baruuk and Nova can hold on to their damage reduction projectiles more reliably with less than 100% range, Valkyr can inflict different groups with a slow effect from War Cry with more frequency (we Tenno kill fast) using less than 100% duration stats, Nova can bring the slow effect of Molecular Prime to zero, if they would prefer just the damage buff alone with -30% strength (the corrupted mod that currently acomplishes this, Overextended, makes her damage reduction less reliable, btw).

Returning player here, I just played Railjack for the first time yesterday and got my own railjack building. Melee seems a bit buggy in Railjack if you aren't the host and projectile shooting (in my case, with the Imperator Vandal) was a nightmare. Any chance at a bug fix pass coming to railjack again soon?

____

Daily login rewards. Can we get the useless stuff (Detonite Ampules and Mutagen Samples) off the daily login rotation? This has been suggested on the warframe subreddit a lot.

____

Do you think the strict eidolon hunting meta neccesitates eidolon nerfs? What do the devs think about the state of eidolon hunting. (As a MR 24, I can't get into eidolon groups because I only just got my mote amp and I am mining and fishing... so that I can eventually kill an eidolon lol)

1) Just curious what Steve thinks about the apparent lighting, mesh geometry/triangles, sound design, and animation improvements of Unreal Engine 5, and what this says about where gaming is headed.

2) Can we get a rework of old running/sprinting/walking animations?

3) Can we have the option to use Longsword stances with Nikana weapons? I'd love to be able to run around with the Skiajati in my hand instead of it being hidden in the sheath the whole time.

Hi @[DE]Rebecca, I'm looking forward to seeing the stream later on! Most of all I hope that things are safe enough for everyone at DE these days. There's something I wanted to ask about given all the recent revisiting to various things in Warframe, and I asked about it once before, but I'm not sure if anything was mentioned about it since then.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on if the Operator would be able to wear the armor that goes onto Warframes as a cosmetic at some point? I was able to take various images in the orbiter using my own Operator with the Dex Raksaka armor as a reference.

9PxZd7KwccTIFWxHyW5tfOKnbiSpZrtIhysVYjGNc49Jt_1POTFCp2kZhl2vP5ew86rhoZMsAwIoDVHJaitgkwzoAN1DzhOCEWAGYqCz3nm7yDMmjgLVHgHNzZnVtaqi4jqp0wdS                  UJyhHn2gxCHEGpDt4KtGYLvn0TdECEjsJdyyCgrd6on8n8aJLm_3V856PnDAa2xmNhyRumP401Jg3cXls8b6SixxnrlQvCBbuxYnxjdSAzkB8zv0XboTZc0klQAhUGkRiKesTP8I      Left Shoulder comparison

Left Shoulder no armor                                     Dex Raksaka Left Shoulder

jSpos-AYPV7ttaC8DXZnhKloCTSR9xsvWJHinf9mFPf7jgyRZF4ZX17WlXhZjGW8DkNJkgwcwGMatdUggg9VVJjfdPZuRt2iU1impAnwd3zJfFbHc6lCTV61CAT3XNNdqMRF9GOA                  zEhNRXvo6k--Ss1jfOApXRMo6ZxfDaxBSodE0xPLcHrIzop2aN8Ld_78ZeATeS0c7e3fhfIRZPzQeQ5ETNOnbnN_a26KbCTIdTAPjDm8rpH88YJkrfv17V3A2OCFopw1ZYEPN2a8      Right Shoulder comparison

Right Shoulder no armor                                              Dex Raksaka Right Shoulder

FD5erG64BUITAwZAkfuxt98FJtDB21K8Xwbq_gG9JPGndMLPPgNxrypr-sQu0KzzgCfRVuyiT52kigs-YjbR50Mi09VNolnqTiHt-wXaHis_KLGboNLVZQ41p3bM5mWzA6Hs-Bzh      Knee Armor vs no armor comparison (Before)

3-GSsRH6uoL-esV7RQKtP59Eu7wkHLiFLeFaV82iz_JYFFQ19sN30UU9N-jixRsMsQdM19kpM8l2h7cwXxclWhXJ_BQgdcHhy07zJHbc_ggvFLtr9HzccfBuPkniXchbApyTqLYJ      Knee Armor vs no armor comparison (After)

side_by_side_front_cropped_resized.jpg

Side by side comparison without chest armor

side_by_side_chest_armor_resized.jpg

Side by side comparison with chest armor

side_by_side_back_cropped_resized.jpg

Side by side comparison of Dex Raksaka shoulder armor vs no armor

This time I was able to size down the images (Placed the last three with my phone, so hope it worked nicely) so that they shouldn't eat up length on the post too bad.

Considering all the recent revisions across the game, at some point I think Operators should be looked at too, in terms of their variability. One big part of that does involve their customization. There is a huge amount of great-looking things that Warframes are able to wear; Individual pieces of armor from different things, Syndanas, you name it. And displaying additional emblems on each shoulder to boot. However, Operators aren't currently able to wear armor or Syndanas on themselves (Besides having four voices for now, but maybe a voice-blending thing can mix that up later in the future, considering there's already face blending).

If Operators were able to wear Warframe armor & Syndanas, I believe it will seriously open up customization options for all of the Operators throughout the game! I hope this is a worthwhile idea to consider 🙂

(As for me, I based my Operator off of my fiancee, though the face shape isn't 100% accurate)

These are the colors I used for the styled Dex armor, in case anyone was wondering:

armor_color_scheme.jpg

Thank you guys for everything you do to help out people! I'm definetely grateful for that. Have a safe day out there :]

2 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

Thanks for continuing these since going work from home. There has been some excellent info included in the recent ones so kudos.Onto the regular questions.

1. Are we ever going to get custom primary and secondary weapon positioning like Melee currently has?

2. Can we get the option to add sugatras to primary and secondary weapons?

3. Any update on the Proto weapon skins that we saw a long time ago?

4. Several skins and armor sets have mismatched color channels. Do you guys plan on doing a review for this to at least make the metallic slots consistent or give us the option to color individual armor pieces and helmets separately? Examples:The Gazal, Hulta, Magor and Vatala and Tennocon 2018 and 2019 armor sets,Excalibur Onyx skin, Frost Emperor skin, Ember Vermillion skin.

5. Please let us use Excal Prime's helmet/skin on Excal Umbra.

6. Updates on Melee 3.0/rage mode and duel wielding for one handed melee weapons and one handed secondaries which was implemented for glaives and then seemingly abandoned.

7. When are the changes to pets coming to remove stasis and is there any more info on the pet rework Sheldon has mentioned a few times?

8. Can you please stop disabling certain face gear when using certain head gear on operators? From what I have seen people were way less concerned with the clipping than their ability to customize their operators.An additional slot to separate forehead pieces from pieces that cover the mouth would be appreciated too.

9. Any chance we will get the option to swap out exalted weapon models for their standard/prime/umbra/premium skin appearances on variants of the frames.Excalibur can not swap any of his sword skins, including his new premium one and primed frames with exalted weapons can't use their standard skin counterparts.

10. Is the loadout UI going to be overhauled to show everything that should be loadout specific(Archwings, their weapons, archwing guns for ground combat, operator arcanes and amps?

11. Are we ever going to get a focus dump? Once you max the schools there is nothing to do with accumulated focus.

12. Can we get more Loadout and Riven slots or possibly just uncap them and let us buy as many as we want?

13. Now that thrown weapons have a comfortable timed recall, are we ever going to get the Arcata added to PVE?

14. Can we get mod capacity removed while in the simulacrum so we can properly test builds before applying Forma?

15. Now that status immunity has been removed from Liches, is there an ETA on removing it from other enemy types? Making enemies completely status immune removes a large chunk of the arsenal.

16. There are several items that are still exclusive to the chinese version of Warframe, including the Cadus, a chinese exclusive staff weapon. When can we expect these to be added to the global build?

17. What ever happened to Steve's "Alchemy" system that was supposed to use the infested room?

18. Any chance that we will get additional hotkeys on PC? Would be nice to be able to hotkey several orbiter functions like decorating or going to the foundry rather then going through menus.

19. WIll the acolyte and Plague Star ever become naturally reoccurring events like Razorback and the Formorian?

20. Now that they have been nerfed can we get access to the acolyte mods on Exalted weapons?

21. You recently allowed us to buy up to three additional cosmetic and mod loadouts but it wasn't added to operators. When can we expect them to get that feature as well?

22. The prime trailers had interesting lore bits in them. Can we get their scripts added to the prime warframe's codex entries or even the videos. It would add flavor to their pretty bland text now and bring them in line with other frames that got entries like that like Excal, Rhino, Ember and Mag.

23. Kdrives are a cool toy to play around with for a bit but have no home in the actual game beyond temporary status immunity when eidelon hunting or if you really want to fall out of the Plains map. Are they going to ever get a look to increase their utility? Giving them defensive functions when you are not on them like AOE  buffs or barriers that appear at the location of dismount or even something as simple as being able to fish while on them would go a long way.

24. While we are at it, can we get custom keybinds for kdrives. Several of them are shared with standard keybinds.

25. There are a number of useless mods in the game right now. Things like Warm Coat are basically just clutter in the mod system and rarely get looked at unless they happen to be tied to some sort of major overhaul like the status changes. Is there any plans to do a wider overhaul of the mods that get no usage.Perhaps you could even provide a list of mods to the design council and have them come up with ideas for them, or open that up to the whole community a few mods at a time.

26. The heavy attack animation for Exalted Blade is pretty lackluster right now. Any chance it will get a look. At the very least it should get an energy wave like it standard attacks, ideally though it should generate a more impressive wave in terms of power and size,Please let me live my anime dreams

.getsuga-tenshou-gif-7.gif

Item 21 Twenty One!!!!!

Any Operator changes in the works? Focus 3.0, Operator melee, making the Operator more useful in general?

With the changes to Vazarin and healing objectives, Zenurik is once again the best focus school for 99% of the content in Warframe purely for the energy regen (where you spend at little time as your Operator as possible). It would be awesome if every school was equally useful (i.e., each had their own way to grant energy to your Warframe), and players who enjoy Operator gameplay were encouraged to use them in normal missions.

May we please be able to repeat Vor's quest, even if it has to be solo only? I like some of the low cost flawed mods but am hating myself for building up the few I have. Nothing beats having a frame or weapon with 2-3 points left, one slot and nothing to stuff in it modwise.

the rage mode concept was brought up a few streams ago. i had completely forgotten about it after the operators were introduced but being reminded about it again got me thinking, is it dead and simply evolved into the operator system or is there still something in the works that's just in production hell like Zephyr Deluxe?

Archived