Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Mob Density Inconsistent

Guilden1395

I was playing T1 Survival, which is low level, I know, so I was blazing through it but wasn't able to go longer than 15 mins. Not because it was getting too hard but because the enemy stopped spawning for a real long time. I don't know if the game broke or what but it was quite unfortunate. But I am not too certain if this is an isolated accident or not but it has happen quite a few time. Nonetheless do you guys think the mob density of the survival mode is too low. I understand that it gets tough later on but still I am not able to sustain the air level despite being very cautious about using the 'Air-Drops' by lotus.

By the way I am playing solo, so its not because we are OP or anything like that. But I have to admit there were instances where I lasted beyond 30 mins while soloing but those cases appear to be 'good runs' so to speak. In my opinion I feel using the previous defence tile set, prevented cases where there are 'droughts' of enemies. This is not a complain, so please don't yell at me, simply wondering if anyone else share my opinion.  

Hmm I never had this kind of issue. In most cases I have even more O2 than needed and mostly leave because enemies are too high lvl. Tried that on mercury and on Ceres with different factions. Maybe there was some closed door and they spawned behind it but as for me, never had this issue.

I agree. The reason why a player should end the mission isn't because of the scarcity of enemies but because they can't kill them fast enough to get oxygen.

I suggest reducing the amount of rooms within a map to increase the density of spawning.

It isn't the number of rooms that is the issue. It is certain types of rooms that are an issue. Most likely smaller rooms or less paths have a lot lower spawn rate than the rooms that are huge and have a lot of path. I say remove some rooms from being RNG for survival missions(mostly those small rooms).

Back then when it was on defense of course it was fine because it equals to 1 huge room.

Edited by Makemap

I think they should make a new tile set specifically for the survival missions. I have to say some times the location is just too big. I say this because majority of the time I am playing solo as the location I am playing from isn't ideal and so face a lot of connectivity issues with other players.

The maps that are used in Defense was good because it had many entrance and you where stuck in a single room. There are survival maps that are good due to having 3 entrance to the room. Its enough to stay for 30min with at least 2 people.

if this is public game you need to do one thing. Check ahead a bit and see if you find any door locked. Open it and then find a room where you are between 2 good spawning room. You just need to keep the people in the same room and don't have them run off constantly to look for monsters. That will only cause them to spawn further away.