Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(NSW)dubteka

Can't change my alias! (Switch) - Solved

Question

Hi. I just don't have the option of changing my alias in my Account Management section on warframe.com. Everywhere I read and links I click take me to https://www.warframe.com/user but no option to change. 

Nintendo Switch.

Help!

8 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, (NSW)D-263-54 said:

Fix: Done directly in the game menu on the Switch. (Duh)

Wow, that sounds easy! Glad you managed to do it 😊

11 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Oh that's weird. It works like that on the other consoles, I thought the Switch wasn't any different.

Weirdly enough, I couldn't find anything on topic on the internet. There was this one Reddit post about the same question, where the OP found out what needs to be done to change usernames, wrote in a comment they updated the original post with the step by step instructions. Aaaaand the original post was already deleted. Strange. This story shows it can be done though, so just keep digging!

Edit: maybe ask support. They'll be able to help if no one else does.

Yeah. Not a lot of info out there for the Switch. Hopefully this helps others. 

Don't know why I didn't think to look in the in game menu itself... but there it was. "Change Alias" (with a cost of 200 plat!)

8 hours ago, (NSW)D-263-54 said:

but my account name on Switch isn't my Warframe name

Oh that's weird. It works like that on the other consoles, I thought the Switch wasn't any different.

Weirdly enough, I couldn't find anything on topic on the internet. There was this one Reddit post about the same question, where the OP found out what needs to be done to change usernames, wrote in a comment they updated the original post with the step by step instructions. Aaaaand the original post was already deleted. Strange. This story shows it can be done though, so just keep digging!

Edit: maybe ask support. They'll be able to help if no one else does.

Is it maybe because I'm signed in with my Switch account? 

I don't see any of the options in this video: 

For me the change alias option shows up on the user page. 

I'm on PC, however. 

Your account name for Switch IS your username in Warframe. You need to change it in your Switch account settings (if that's possible), and your Warframe username will change too.

I thought that might be it.. but my account name on Switch isn't my Warframe name: D-263-54. Will keep digging.... but at the moment at a loss.