Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why

(XBOX)AdamWestIsInvad

Why is it that telos boltace still in conclave but you wont put new weapons or warframes in it and doesn't the Volt ultimate move discharge wont work at it or deal damage if we need an update i should be spending money and not be able too wear the skins along with helmets and Tigris need to be look at seriously stop neglecting conclave make no since have a online game and you cannot use all the weapons and warframes available

• Like 1

The lack of punctuation in your post made it a little hard for me to see what you're getting at, but I think you're saying conclave deserves more focus/content?

Unfortunately, conclave is one of the game's earliest systems, and least popular. The game is overwhelmingly PvE, so PvP content is not really looked at very often. I'd imagine that someday it will see a revision (again), and content will trickle through for it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Conclave just doesn't affect even a significant minority of the playerbase in its current form. 

Not many people play conclave.  Why devote extra resources to what is already a niche thing and dealing with balancing the 40 some frames and hundreds of weapons would be hard for a company fully devoted to only that game not some side mode that no one plays.

Not sure if this is all about conclave or not cause of the poor grammar, like what is the part about skins and helments.

On 2020-05-22 at 12:40 PM, yarl5000 said:

Not many people play conclave.  Why devote extra resources to what is already a niche thing and dealing with balancing the 40 some frames and hundreds of weapons would be hard for a company fully devoted to only that game not some side mode that no one plays.

Not sure if this is all about conclave or not cause of the poor grammar, like what is the part about skins and helments.

Most of the weapons and Warframes are already balanced, with a couple of outliers such as the Telos Boltace, melee blocking in general, and saryn electric combo. Even just fixing these three things would go a long way to improving Conclave. 

On 2020-05-21 at 10:00 PM, (PS4)NearlyDedicated said:

Unfortunately, conclave is one of the game's earliest systems, and least popular.

On 2020-05-21 at 10:40 PM, yarl5000 said:

Not many people play conclave.  Why devote extra resources to what is already a niche thing

Both of you are correct, of course. Conclave is very unpopular! However I think it's worth pointing out that 90% of the game is extremely unpopular and niche. There is a very small segment of the playerbase that plays for any particular niche thing. The segment that plays for pet breeding is extremely small. The segment that plays for fashion is extremely small. The segment that plays for fishing is extremely small. The segment that plays for mining is extremely small. The segment that plays for conservation is extremely small. The list obviously goes on, but there is a purpose to all these unpopular niche things: DE knows what makes a game successful! Success is a result of variety, if there are a hundred different things to do, then you attract a hundred different types of players. This is exactly what has kept warframe strong over the years (while other games have failed due to catering to a too-small range of players). The devs know that the vast majority of players hate mining, fishing, pet breeding, conclave, conservation, etc... but each one draws its own small pool of players. This is a good thing, and the devs should keep up this variety. 

But 10% of the game is actually popular (i.e.: you can always find other people doing this, at any time of day and in any region). These include things like void fissures, sorties, arbitrations, relic farm nodes, kuva farm nodes, etc... Generally, all of these "popular" game-modes have good rewards. If kuva were removed from the kuva flood missions, would they still be popular? I suspect they wouldn't! Likewise, since conclave has no rewards, we should expect conclave to be unpopular too. If you design a game to be all about rewards and progress, then remove all those rewards and progress from a particular game-mode, you then shouldn't be surprised that the game-mode becomes unpopular. 

The third fact that hampers conclave is DE's unique approach to PvP. Every successful PvP game (including other primarily PvE looter-shooters with successful PvP modes) fixes exploits in a matter of hours and bans cheaters. DE's approach is unique because they do the opposite. Exploits remain unfixed typically for 8 months, and the people who abuse them or cheat in other ways are never punished. Any other game employing this strategy would have its PvP fail also.

What's unique about Warframe's PvP is not that "the community as a whole coincidentally doesn't like PvP." It's precisely because the PvP provides no rewards at all and the matches are completely full of exploits (many in the conclave discord no longer play public matches, and will only play private matches where known exploiters are not allowed to join). This is enough to drive away just about anybody. The fact that conclave has a small but passionate community that are still dedicated to it despite these massive failures is amazing!

In short, it's certainly fair to say that conclave is unpopular. But that's not a reason to withhold resources because plenty of other game systems are equally unpopular and currently get far more resources (in recent months, happy zephyr has gotten more development resources than conclave). It's good to spend resources on these unpopular systems, because it draws in a wider variety of players which keeps the game going strong. And beyond that, Conclave could be popular! But it's never been given a chance due to the fact that it's an exploiter's heaven with no rewards.

• Like 6