Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sobek Is Top Tier, Change My Mind

Nicaris

4 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I'll just leave this hereBB7NoWR.png

Go Ahead 🙂

1 minute ago, LordNero86 said:

it's my most used weapon atm. It's great to a point where you can't one-shot enemies at level 80+, especially grineer with their armor. Hoping for Kuva Sobek in the future

That would be... Nice xD Probably put the Sobek up there in stats too.

27 minutes ago, Nicaris said:

That would be... Nice xD Probably put the Sobek up there in stats too.

will do, I'll put a SS in a bit with the build

The build:

KYkg4V9.jpg

Sobek Satiata

c8RLSAv.jpg

Sobek Lexiata (Intend to sell this one but no one is looking for a sobek riven these days)

SnjyAUz.jpg

Edited by LordNero86
adding SS

Sobek main here.

Sobek is kinda okay but got nerfed back when they reworked how status works on shotguns, there's little reason to use it now. It wipes low level contant and is able to break containers when you kill an enemy.

3 minutes ago, CodeVauban said:

Sobek main here.

Sobek is kinda okay but got nerfed back when they reworked how status works on shotguns, there's little reason to use it now. It wipes low level contant and is able to break containers when you kill an enemy.

it's just a slight nerf imho, still useful up to sortie 3 level

1. This is not GD

2. You just said some words we all know for years and posted a video with different content as Berzerkules showed

3. Goal of this Thread? Brag? Promotion? Like said, Acid Shells is old and Partners used it all the time for their "world record attempts" on longest Survival runs

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

1. This is not GD

2. You just said some words we all know for years and posted a video with different content as Berzerkules showed

3. Goal of this Thread? Brag? Promotion? Like said, Acid Shells is old and Partners used it all the time for their "world record attempts" on longest Survival runs

Old, Yes. But so few players use it. The goal of the post? Talk about love of Sobek. And inform people who haven't tried it, because it really is fun. 

No Brag, No Promo, Just a post to talk about a shotgun.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

will do, I'll put a SS in a bit with the build

The build:

KYkg4V9.jpg

Your build looks really sweet. I've been meaning to get around to a riven for the Sobek. Totally worth it lol

1 hour ago, Killa_Byte said:

I'm more shocked  there's a mod called acid shells I'll have to go get that tomorrow, oh how could I have missed that one.

I didn't know it existed until I found it in my inventory one day a while back. It's one of those fun little gems worth toying with.

45 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Yes this is super useful on lower level mission. It's a good thing it doesn't scale up but would be fun. Unless they fixed the mod last update?

It scales due to enemy HP increasing with level. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Acid_Shells

7 hours ago, Nicaris said:

Old, Yes. But so few players use it. The goal of the post? Talk about love of Sobek. And inform people who haven't tried it, because it really is fun. 

No Brag, No Promo, Just a post to talk about a shotgun.

I appreciate this sentiment. Not all of us magically glue our eyes to partner streams. Some of us like myself have a strange love for wacky guns and the Sobek fits the bill of a wacky gun. A veteran player recently asked me to try it with the acid explosion mod and its one of my favorite auto-shotguns at the moment. 

I sometimes visualize the internal workings of the firearms. I think a single magazine, dual barrel system is very odd or maybe the drum is divided into two compartments of 10 rounds each feeding one barrel. 

1280px-GSh-23L_cannon.jpg

I like to think of old Soviet aircraft cannons like a Gsh-23-2 which uses a pivoting action such that the firing of one barrel drives the action of the other one, and vice versa. 

Now I'm going to spend more quality time playing with the Sobek in game 🙂 Thanks for the post. 

7 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

Moved to fan zone, since this is video advertisement.

Not to be that guy, buy hardly. I appreciate the effort though... The intent was to spark conversation regarding the Sobek as people can easily go back and forth in debate on opinion as you can see above. Next time I can leave out the video if it appeases guidelines I missed somewhere.

6 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Says Sobek is top tier, links a video that said Sobek isn't top tier.

I never said it wasn't. The point is to debate it or agree. Not nit pick >.>

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

The Sobek isn't.

Please change mine, I'd actually kind of like to use this weapon, acid shells is cool.

Though the recent status adjustment did affect this function negatively, the Sobek is still quite viable. Having high impact damage as a base stat, means this shotgun is exceptional for taking down shields. Acid shells + corrosive or viral mentioned in the video soften up any high priority targets that don't get instantly 1 shot. My build has around 7 or 8k damage per shot, and the Sobek is a rapid fire shotgun not unlike the Boar. tbh there are other shotguns that have slightly better stats, but Warframe is about using what you enjoy/using what is fun. Not always about "The Highest Stats" I've gotten better performance from Acid Shells then I have from a fully modded Corinth Prime.

1 hour ago, Laxmibai said:

I appreciate this sentiment. Not all of us magically glue our eyes to partner streams. Some of us like myself have a strange love for wacky guns and the Sobek fits the bill of a wacky gun. A veteran player recently asked me to try it with the acid explosion mod and its one of my favorite auto-shotguns at the moment. 

I sometimes visualize the internal workings of the firearms. I think a single magazine, dual barrel system is very odd or maybe the drum is divided into two compartments of 10 rounds each feeding one barrel. 

1280px-GSh-23L_cannon.jpg

I like to think of old Soviet aircraft cannons like a Gsh-23-2 which uses a pivoting action such that the firing of one barrel drives the action of the other one, and vice versa. 

Now I'm going to spend more quality time playing with the Sobek in game 🙂 Thanks for the post. 

Thank you for this ❤️ It is also why I really Love Warframe. Over the past couple years the main focus for casual players is "best this" and "best that" but that logic misses some of the funnest weapons in the game. And with the right mods ANYTHING (yes anything, I've tested it) can be reasonably decent. Decent enough to make worth using. (YES Even the Jaw Sword)

• Like 1

You're definitely right. There doesn't seem to be an interest in all the great details in this game. From boss fight scenes that look straight from anime-style concept art, Prime costume designs and their real world fashion inspirations, even modern and historically inspired mechanical design for environments and yes, weapons.

I was very excited to see there are actually dual-magazine firearms like the Gorgon outside of Borderlands bandit guns. This thing actually existed, and functioned as an actual heavy machine gun in WW1! 

• 1 year later...