Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thing under Orb Vallis

Chr1szzz

So i was in Orb Vallis when i fell through the ground while trying to get on the hoverboard then i kept getting teleported up and down in a minute straight i looked around and

found this black fiery sphere under Orb Vallis what could it be

unknown.png

I believe what you found there is the skybox.

Every 3d game that lets you walk around the environment has one. Like, CSGO, Doom etc.

Skyboxes are used to "project" an enviroment around the playable area that players normally cannot access.

For example, look up at the clouds. They are not actually there, but actually exists inside the skybox. The insides of the skybox is projected over your head to give the illusion that there is a sky with clouds above you.

Same thing goes to the distant mountains and snow storms you see outside the orb vallis.

Skyboxes help as they allow devs to not use massive texture flies to cover the map, but use a smaller one and just project it over.

If you entered the skybox, any player in orb vallis would see a MASSIVE version of you standing around the orb vallis. And by massive, i mean bigger than the entire map.

• 1 month later...

I was doing a bounty on Orb Vallis, and i did found the skybox too after i inspected a Solaris corpse (Where you then sould go to save the survivors). But upon inspecting, i not only saw the skybox bleow me, but also i somehow ended up in what i assume is part of the developer map building presets and palceholder stuff, including this room i think was used to test teh grass in Orb Vallis

YBur7mN.jpg

Its interesting alright, but frustrating since i lost my bounty (But atleast i was allowed to keep my previous bounty rewards before i started that one).

Archived