Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting To 15 Minuts On Void Survival Hard Because Of Low Spawn Density, Not Enemy Difficulty

Salvo1

Hello, as someone who's trying unsuccessfully to hit the 15 minute mark of Void Survival Missions to get Mag Prime parts, I have to say that this new change that requires that you hit 15 minutes to get prime rewards in survival missions seems like a bad change to me.

I envy the people who got the Mag Prime before these changes.  Right now, even getting to 10 minutes in Void Survival is tough because the enemy spawning density is so low, that getting oxygen drops is hard.  The enemies aren't hard, especially on T1 and T2, but finding enough of them to kill to keep your oxygen replenished is very hard.  There's just not enough enemies.

That said, having to spend 15 minutes on each Survival mission just seems like a time-waster to me.  I'd rather just spend 5-10 minutes if possible.  If 5 minutes seems too low, then a 10 minute prime reward mark seems better to me.  Either that, or you could get a 33% chance of getting a prime reward at 5 minutes, 66% at 10, 100% at 15, and maybe chances for multiple prime rewards form 20+.  

Or just any sliding scale that gives you a decent chance at 5 minutes, and then greater chances at higher intervals with perhaps chances for multiple prime drops as you go higher and higher in survival time.

Frost is almost mandatory on Void survival too. Those Flying drones that drop absolutely nothing but dish out tremendous amount of damage with their fast firing machinegun lasers are absurd. They also come in groups too and their hitbox is pretty small.

On T1 I haven't had problem getting air supply because if you stick together they tend to come in larger numbers. It's spreading out that's dangerous or moving around too much.

T3 is still too hard for what it's worth imo. Still don't have Mag system.

30 minutes on normal survival is very much possible(I was using Nova and my buddy had Nyx). I have never went beyond 10 minutes on Void survival since I heard that it doesn't matter how long you stay, the end reward is RNG and you can leave after 5 mins.

Edited by _Sokol_

I have a strange theory: I have a feeling that mob spawn more often if you current air level is low. So, when I try to keep my air level close to 100% by activating life suport early, I have problems with spawn rate. And if I activate life support at ~10-20% I usually have enough mobs.

Please note, this may be only my speculation, I don't anything to prove this right. Feel  free to check though.

This is a curious topic that I keep seeing.

Some people like myself have zero problem and run every survival (normal or void t3 - haven't tried 1/2 but will today) until 20-25 min when I believe the rewards stop stacking and start being replaced.

Others consistently state they can't get enough o2.

I really don't see how you run out of o2 with a decent kill rate. These days I am normally so close to full o2 most of the time we barely need canisters until 15 m or slow when the kills slow bc mobs are getting to lv 70 and deaths/hiding to recover shields occurs. The only time I fail surv or have to extract is when we are simply overwhelmed by enemy dps; Lilith/nuovo

The problem is that there is no reliable gauge of power in this game. I'm not trying to say L2P but it's possibly your loadout needs more power. Survival is all about running to find mobs and slaughering them instantly. I can see how a loadout without a few formas would be reliant on RNG.

OP, or one of the people who keeps experiencing this problem can you msg me in game? I would love to run a survival w you and see what's happening.

This is a curious topic that I keep seeing.

Some people like myself have zero problem and run every survival (normal or void t3 - haven't tried 1/2 but will today) until 20-25 min when I believe the rewards stop stacking and start being replaced.

Others consistently state they can't get enough o2.

I really don't see how you run out of o2 with a decent kill rate. These days I am normally so close to full o2 most of the time we barely need canisters until 15 m or slow when the kills slow bc mobs are getting to lv 70 and deaths/hiding to recover shields occurs. The only time I fail surv or have to extract is when we are simply overwhelmed by enemy dps; Lilith/nuovo

The problem is that there is no reliable gauge of power in this game. I'm not trying to say L2P but it's possibly your loadout needs more power. Survival is all about running to find mobs and slaughering them instantly. I can see how a loadout without a few formas would be reliant on RNG.

OP, or one of the people who keeps experiencing this problem can you msg me in game? I would love to run a survival w you and see what's happening.

It also has to do with mobs just plain not dropping O2 upon death. not just one or two, but whole spawns full. I've had runs like you describe, where the O2 drops no prob, but also runs where corpses litter the halls but O2 is not to be found.

Edited by greymalken

I just formad my ember and was running some jupiter survival. First run we were getting few mobs and low rate of drops. Second run we were inundated with both and got to 30 mins.

There was night and day difference between the two runs.

Two problems I see in survival: too much dependance on RNG and some maps are too stretched out with 2-button doors.

I agree with OP here. If you were to do a void survival run with 2 people or solo, it's nearly impossible to reach the 15min mark because of O2 scarcity. And even when going with a full squad, going higher than 25 minutes will eventually start showing the same effect.

Since the latest update, I've been encountering the same problem.

I've been running several Corpus and Infested survival missions (I have yet to try out void and Grineer). When you're running a survival mission with less than 3 players, the enemy spawn rates are awfully low at start.
Many times have I reached an O2 minimum of approximately 20%, not because I have a hard time killing enemies, but because there just aren't any.
When playing with 4-man squads, enemy spawn rates go up only slightly but noticeably.

Another problem I've encountered on survival is the poor O2 drop rates from killed enemies.

As I did several runs ending at around the 35min mark, I've noticed that once you stay long enough, more enemies will start spawning. But as we reached 30 minutes, our O2 had already gone down to 40-20% with no big capsules in sight.

Again, this is not the case of enemy difficulty, but poor drop rates.

The way survival was during the event was probably when I had the most fun ever in a survival mission.
O2 drop rates were insane (maybe too high) but at least running out of it wasn't a problem as long as you were able to kill the enemies in time.

The difficulty increased as you stayed longer because enemies were getting tougher, not because O2 became non-existent, like as it is now. 

Edited by Hypnoised