Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

opticor vs opticor vandal.

Luciole77

16 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I get it. Warframe is for little kids.

Well, I deal with bad actors in real life - I'm always the one to walk away, so I'm good.

We're done here.

Don't enjoy the power-creep that's sure to come - I will.

I appreciate that you are trying to high road here.  It's almost like you're trying for superiority of argument, and in the process ignoring all history and statements by the developers which make your points invalid.  It's also fun to note that you've got an elitist chip on your shoulder.  

It's almost like you're the kind of person who hates newbies.  The problem with everything being for the hard core gamers is that Warframe never has been.  It's always been a game with no endgame, horde mechanics, and the power fantasy of being a space ninja.  If you want a game "for adults," presumably being a back-handed insult for "with challenge," go play dark souls or any of the thousands of homages.  Warframe is literally sold on Excalibur, with 99% of the content not being about skill.  If you'd like to argue, I'll ask that you explain drops based upon RNG and not skill. 

For comparison, let's talk Armored Core.  Limited single player missions, replayable, with multiplayer.  Mission performance provided you tangible benefits based upon ranking, and you could customize your AC with pretty much anything including cosmetics.  This is functionally a direct predecessor to warframe mechanically, but drew in a skill based crowd because performance was awarded, not RNG from smashing thousands of loot containers.  If you missed it, warframe start out mission 1 with RNG for drops and demonstrates skill is only rewarded in as far as needed to complete a mission objective.  If you don't understand that after time spent playing this game, then I have nothing to offer.

As an aside, who did the Armored Core series?  Oh right, the same people who went on the do Dark Souls.  It's almost like developers outline the goals of their game...

Let me offer perspective...7 years.  Warframe has been around for that long, and there are still weapons from near release that matter. Volt, Excalibur, and Trinity all still matter.  Heck, Loki has been the same for years and is still relevant.  You're welcome to not understand, and welcome to act like you know better.  I appreciate that DE is not WoW.

Namely, they don't obsolete the old content with the new.  It would suck if everything from before 2018 was power creeped to irrelevance.  You are welcome to argue otherwise, but I'd suggest leaving this game then.  Not because I bear some ill will, as you expressed in your attitude, but because Warframe will never satisfy your desires.  I'll gladly give up on the supreme power fantasy, to prevent slogging through 300+ weapons that require level grinding but are rendered useless by new content.

Let's just laugh a little.  The Tigris Prime is still a good weapon.  The Dread is a fantastic crit based bow.  I could continue, but with as many weapons as there are it wouldn't take any real creativity to cite something 2+ years old that you might actually like.  If this were WoW...it'd be more stable, less buggy, and items from the previous expansion pack would be irrelevant when the new hotness came.  This is why the legacy servers exist...and why things like Destiny have issues with so much of their content being made irrelevant every time they increase guardian levels as their primary gating mechanic.

Please leave the game if you don't get it.  The toxicity of try-hards is what kills games.  Warframe demonstrated that it would not support try-hards when it switched to annual content, when conclave failed, when Raids failed because they didn't want to keep fixing them, and dozens of times when they added "endgame" content that was just another farm.  

I hate having this conversation.  I hate that it's coming out in a discussion about the opticor.  I'm willing to have it again because it's people that don't get it who make this game difficult to love.  Warframe was never about skill, about being hard core, or anything similar.  It's about a mild power fantasy, and continuous engagement.  One forma per day can be crafted....events are on timers....RNG controls rewards....if this didn't make things clear, and you want rewards based on challenge, maybe look elsewhere.  Warframe is structured to reward engagement time and not skill.  A-A-B-C-A-A-B-C....etc....

On 2020-06-27 at 5:01 PM, DarkRuler2500 said:

I would prefer a Lanka or Ferrox variant before giving Opticor another thing.

And no, i like the Original more too.

I would like a... hmm... Lanka is based off/replaces a lore-breaking Snipetron. I think it should be a Lanka Prime to continue its legacy... use the Helios Prime argument that Lanka was copied from Lanka Prime.

Archived