Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Open letter To Steve Sinclair : Nah Ill do it myself

Alright i saw a thread posted earlier and come to think of it better served by myself.

@[DE]Steve you rock!

Alright maybe the community disagree with you on a bunch of things but its not a reason for a bunch of tenno to take it and turn your twitter into a warzone.

The way you handle the people that are super mean to you is beyond my understanding. I don't even know how you do it. You have my respect.

Keep being awesome ^.^ 

Btw pink shorts are awesome but they are missing here sadly

Spoiler

Edited by trunks013
Kinda forgot to tag him LOL
  • Like 29

Hear! hear!

23 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Alright i saw a thread posted earlier and come to think of it better served by myself.

Steve you rock!

Alright maybe the community disagree with you on a bunch of things but its not a reason for a bunch of tenno to take it and turn your twitter into a warzone.

The way you handle the people that are super mean to you is beyond my understanding. I don't even know how you do it. You have my respect.

Keep being awesome ^.^ 

Btw pink shorts are awesome but they are missing here sadly

Reveal hidden contents

excellent bill and ted GIF by IFC

• Like 4

It sounds like Steve’s twitter is made really unpleasant by gamers. I was not aware of this 😕 

I can get behind a message of gratitude. I don’t know exactly what Steve could be responsible for 🤔 , but considering his prevalence in decisions surrounding Warframe, I feel it might be safe to say that most things I like about Warframe were/are influenced by him in one way or another. Things like Railjack, open worlds, orbiter decorations, the mod system, k-drives, the revised stuff, tile reworks, the change to make it more fluid to switch from gun to melee weapon, being able to run around as <insert spoiler here>, Parkour 2.0. Just to name things off the top of my head.

There’s of course always room for improvement. The ambition that first drew me into Warframe still keeps that desire to refine everything alive and well, it seems. But I seriously doubt any players from the past would have imagined that Warframe would be where it is now, and I don’t know how many thought the boundaries would be pushed this far.

I don’t know what you’re responsible for, Steve, since it feels like you’re responsible for most everything sometimes, but I’ll raise one in your honour for the work you do and the attitude you maintain 🍻

edit: question answered

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 5

Only thing I have to say is, Steve, I love ya passion and what you all do at DE, but BOY did you misunderstand "power dynamics" with the (now removed) Lich auto death.

That's like the one thing I will always keep bringing up, that was a complete stumble and shouldn't have passed the initial stage of idea tossing.

Even though I have no real interest in coding, my heart always does warm when I see him talking about the stuff that goes into making this game. There's a real sense of earnest enthusiasm that I can't help but smile at.

It also comes across in some of the more "retro" parts of the game's aesthetic, really hearkening back to the old Wyndham-era sci-fi (Before my time, admittedly), a world full of weirdness and wonder. It shows from the little touches that this is a world that the team really wanted to bring to life.

• Like 4

Ah yes, Steve is the dank memer, the overambitious for multiple contents had lead to this dread situation, no doubt players want the good old DE back in track, and we still waiting for old contents that caught most players into the game from the past to be revisit, which seem like a potential end game even in this current development of the game.

• Like 1

As a fairly new player, I'm extremely glad to have found Warframe, and especially being able to enjoy so much of the game. They outdid Mass Effect for a MMO feel particularly with the action/adventure movement and combat. It really helps make the gameplay that much more immersive by being able to figure out creative ways to use the enviroment.

The decorating and customization is also insanely powerful and intuitive compared to a lot of other games out there.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I like them all the same. Stop this "oh I love him or her way more duh duh"

they're all working their ***es off.. 

They all deserve the same amount of love. 

I get the sentiment, and think respecting the efforts of the team as a whole is a good thing. Warframe wouldn’t be what it is without everyone who’s worked on it.

My interpretation of this topic is that Steve gets a lot more flak than, say, someone who does animation work, and this topic aims to provide a small bit of positive feedback to balance out an implied excess of blame leveraged at him.

• Like 2
vor 2 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

I get the sentiment, and think respecting the efforts of the team as a whole is a good thing. Warframe wouldn’t be what it is without everyone who’s worked on it.

My interpretation of this topic is that Steve gets a lot more flak than, say, someone who does animation work, and this topic aims to provide a small bit of positive feedback to balance out an implied excess of blame leveraged at him.

I've read too many negative tweets and posts to other devs to believe that only Steve suffers under this.. I'll check out the last tweets to confirm though..

All I'm saying is they're all great, yeah sure, we get angry sometimes and lash out, but in the end we're all here for the same thing: Warframe.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I've read too many negative tweets and posts to other devs to believe that only Steve suffers under this.. I'll check out the last tweets to confirm though..

All I'm saying is they're all great, yeah sure, we get angry sometimes and lash out, but in the end we're all here for the same thing: Warframe.

Wasn’t that aware of the other staff suffering from toxic players as well, that’s not great 😕 Thanks for introducing me to the idea, I’d rather know than not.

You’re not defending the players who lash out, right? I feel like I might be misinterpreting the last sentence, and figure I’d best seek to clear up a potential misunderstanding

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
21 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I like them all the same. Stop this "oh I love him or her way more duh duh"

they're all working their ***es off.. 

They all deserve the same amount of love. 

Not really that but more on the fact that Steve sometimes takes the hit for a reason that is still unknown to me. If you are not aware its linked to a thread about "Open Letter to Steve" but in the end it should be addressed to DE not just one guy who is awesome with a flute ^.^ 

The entire team is amazing but that was just to highlight Steve today because well we don't do it often ^.^ 

@(NSW)Greybones its not like that Steve twitter is a warzone all the time but you can see it form time to time and its not pretty to be honest. Instead of feedback i did general because the other thread was there too but come to think of it maybe it should be feedback ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

@(NSW)Greybones its not like that Steve twitter is a warzone all the time but you can see it form time to time and its not pretty to be honest. Instead of feedback i did general because the other thread was there too but come to think of it maybe it should be feedback ^.^ 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and providing a little more info regarding the twitter thing 👍 

I’m not on Twitter so I only have second-hand accounts. Knowing how vitriolic some players can get, I was initially pretty upset to hear someone would be treated in such a way, but it sounds like while it can get bad, it’s not quite what I was expecting. I’ll check it out myself if I get curious enough

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
vor 49 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

Wasn’t that aware of the other staff suffering from toxic players as well, that’s not great 😕 Thanks for introducing me to the idea, I’d rather know than not.

You’re not defending the players who lash out, right? I feel like I might be misinterpreting the last sentence, and figure I’d best seek to clear up a potential misunderstanding

Not really defending, but I understand frustration when it comes to stuff like losing up to hours of progress because of host migration and the like..

• Like 2

i believe steve mentioned it in an older stream, all the hate he gets regularly

but i mean hes big man on campus so i dont agree with it at all, but being top dog comes with other things

like every single thing players dont like being listed as your fault entirely

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Not really defending, but I understand frustration when it comes to stuff like losing up to hours of progress because of host migration and the like..

I can too. Host migration sucks, and loss of progress due to unexpected forces outside one’s control sucks. A small amount of empathy can paint a clear picture of the problem that someone faces in a situation like that.

I’m left wondering how effective at solving said problem is a post/tweet/whatever made shortly after the event happens 🤔 

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

A refreshing dose of positivism. I'm glad that trunks013 took the time writing a friendly letter to one of the developers. It speaks volumes about some good people here who appreciate effort and commitment. We should endorse this more often. . 

• Like 3