Open letter To Steve Sinclair : Nah Ill do it myself

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

I can too. Host migration sucks, and loss of progress due to unexpected forces outside one’s control sucks. A small amount of empathy can paint a clear picture of the problem that someone faces in a situation like that.

I’m left wondering how effective at solving said problem is a post/tweet/whatever made shortly after the event happens 🤔 

Idk, a kindly reminder we'd love if progress was saved when unlocked so this all stops? It's working in the open worlds with bounties and railjack (atleast that's what I heard, I'm no railjack expert)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Idk, a kindly reminder we'd love if progress was saved when unlocked so this all stops? It's working in the open worlds with bounties and railjack (atleast that's what I heard, I'm no railjack expert)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are we talking about the same thing? I’m all for rational, considered, concise feedback that lets whoever’s in charge know something’s up and needs fixing. Those are most likely the ones that got listened to to improve the bounties and railjack, since posts that utilise angry expletives, scathing sarcasm, conspiracy, or insults in order to make themselves more noticeable have a high chance of being dismissed after a quick skim (it takes time and effort to extract and correctly interpret the actual problem from abusive posts, trust me).

Good feedback is not what I was referring to when I said “shortly after the event”, but maybe we’re not on the same page

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
vor 44 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

Are we talking about the same thing? I’m all for rational, considered, concise feedback that lets whoever’s in charge know something’s up and needs fixing. Those are most likely the ones that got listened to to improve the bounties and railjack, since posts that utilise angry expletives, scathing sarcasm, conspiracy, or insults in order to make themselves more noticeable have a high chance of being dismissed after a quick skim (it takes time and effort to extract and correctly interpret the actual problem from abusive posts, trust me).

Good feedback is not what I was referring to when I said “shortly after the event”, but maybe we’re not on the same page

You should really check out Twitter when DE sifts through all the rage and even responds to it, they do listen, and they do know that there's feedback hidden under impulsive rage. Yeah, it may be harder than reading a full blown post where 90% of it is kissing their feet, but it's still valuable.

You should check out other game devs too when they respond to rage posts/tweets.. it's interesting.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

You should really check out Twitter when DE sifts through all the rage and even responds to it, they do listen, and they do know that there's feedback hidden under impulsive rage. Yeah, it may be harder than reading a full blown post where 90% of it is kissing their feet, but it's still valuable.

You should check out other game devs too when they respond to rage posts/tweets.. it's interesting.

You’ve piqued my curiosity regarding how other game devs respond to rage. Do you have links or suggestions?

I’m going to go out on a limb here though, and make an educated guess that we’re all capable of communicating our thoughts and ideas, yet some of us think it’s okay to do a poor job of it and leave others to pick up the slack at their own expense.

I’m also going to make an educated guess that sifting through impulsive rage takes its emotional toll. The points made in the post/tweet may be valuable, but how valuable is lashing out? What cost is being enacted when the poster/tweeter feels they need to attack whoever will listen, when the same thing can be said with more brevity and less aggression?

edit: Hrm 🤔 I’m not sure I’m actually looking for an answer, to be honest. I feel like I’ve de-railed this topic enough, sorry OP

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1
vor 1 Minute schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

You’ve piqued my curiosity regarding how other game devs respond to rage. Do you have links or suggestions?

You missed the best with fallout 76 and poor Pete Hines.. when I'm not playing I can check Twitter if something happened recently though..

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

I’m going to go out on a limb here though, and make an educated guess that we’re all capable of communicating our thoughts and ideas, yet some of us think it’s okay to do a poor job of it and leave others to pick up the slack at their own expense.

Again, I'm talking about impulsive situations. Especially in times like these where tention is already at its peak, people tend to give in and let the anger out (rants) rather then breathing first. You can't blame them, I'm sure you also had situations in life where you acted first before thinking.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

I’m also going to make an educated guess that sifting through impulsive rage takes its emotional toll. The points made in the post/tweet may be valuable, but how valuable is lashing out? What cost is being enacted when the poster/tweeter feels they need to attack whoever will listen, when the same thing can be said with more brevity and less aggression?

Again, impulsive.. mostly consists of not thinking and just handling, no matter the cost. (People don't think about what others have to do when reacting impulsive)

Btw are we on topic or off topic? 🤔

41 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

You missed the best with fallout 76 and poor Pete Hines.. when I'm not playing I can check Twitter if something happened recently though..

Again, I'm talking about impulsive situations. Especially in times like these where tention is already at its peak, people tend to give in and let the anger out (rants) rather then breathing first. You can't blame them, I'm sure you also had situations in life where you acted first before thinking.

Again, impulsive.. mostly consists of not thinking and just handling, no matter the cost. (People don't think about what others have to do when reacting impulsive)

Btw are we on topic or off topic? 🤔

Ooooh, Fallout 76 😬 That’ll probably be a good one to research, thanks.

I can’t blame people for getting mad, true. I actually forgot just how deep my personal regret cuts compared to most of the more vocal gamers (I assume, since I don’t actually know any of them personally), so I’d unfairly expected better from others when there’s most likely been no consequence in the past for the angry individual to have learned from, and I feel weirdly apologetic for not being fairer 😅. In some ways I’m frustrated at how all I can do is not condone the actions of others who act out of anger, but ultimately it’s a choice that each of us makes 🤷‍♀️

I’m not actually certain what consists of on-topic discussion in this thread 🤔. It’s a letter of gratitude(?) that anyone can sign, so is there even room for discussion? I’m also thinking “Hmm. All of these posts wouldn’t look out of place in a private message session”, and I felt compelled to start wrapping it up

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Forgot that there’s more people than just on these forums :P Changed phrasing to be inclusive of other feedback channels
vor 7 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

Ooooh, Fallout 76 😬 That’ll probably be a good one to research, thanks.

I can’t blame people for getting mad, true. I actually forgot just how deep my personal regret cuts compared to most of these gamers (I assume, since I don’t actually know anyone on here personally), so I’d unfairly expected better from others when there’s most likely been no consequence in the past for the angry individual to have learned from, and I feel weirdly apologetic for not being fairer 😅. In some ways I’m frustrated at how all I can do is not condone the actions of others who act out of anger, but ultimately it’s a choice that each of us makes 🤷‍♀️

I’m not actually certain what consists of on-topic discussion in this thread 🤔. It’s a letter of gratitude(?) that anyone can sign, so is there even room for discussion? I’m also thinking “Hmm. All of these posts wouldn’t look out of place in a private message session”, so I felt compelled to start wrapping it up

The news about 76 are different now though, wastelanders, apparently, was a successful addition to the game.

But I ain't playing that game nonetheless xD too many years of missteps.. I'll wait for the next fallout 😄

well I wrap it up here since it's bed time for me 😄 good day/ night, wherever you're from 😄

(Sorry mods if we were off topic xD)

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

wastelanders, apparently, was a successful addition to the game.

I am REALLY finding that hard to believe.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that after the absolute trainwreck that 76 was at launch I am very doubtful that they managed to salvage anything meaningful out of it.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Steve is my favorite! He has such a passion for Warframe that it makes me feel happy every time he talks about it. He and the rest of the team love Warframe so much and it does show.

he's like this in person too. They all are. its pretty cool. 

• Like 1
vor 9 Stunden schrieb Aldain:

I am REALLY finding that hard to believe.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that after the absolute trainwreck that 76 was at launch I am very doubtful that they managed to salvage anything meaningful out of it.

I can only go from stuff like reddit and or statements from VIPs.. before wastelanders you could bash and joke about 76 without issues, but since the update, posts are positive and the jokes are gone, to the point you get downvoted to hell if you make them.

Hence my conclusion the update must've been good, otherwise there would still be negativity and jokes.

I'd also like to mention that prior wastelanders people didn't really recommend the game.

Now it's all "try it now, it's worth it"

Again, IDC, I'll never play the game. Even if it became free to play. There's only so much bs I take from a developer.

When I started playing the game, I liked Steve but now not so much. The more the time passes, the more he reveals as a disappointment. He has nice ideas but he can't translate them in the game properly or at all and he is not doing anything to keep my interest in the game alive, so... He is not that good I suppose. He talks a lot but the substance is missing, like in his game. I overestimated him for sure. Is another "meh" at the end of the day. 😐

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KroneVanguard said:

When I started playing the game, I liked Steve but now not so much. The more the time passes, the more he reveals as a disappointment. He has nice ideas but he can't translate them in the game properly or at all and he is not doing anything to keep my interest in the game alive, so... He is not that good I suppose. He talks a lot but the substance is missing, like in his game. I overestimated him for sure. Is another "meh" at the end of the day. 😐

This seems a pretty harsh non-constructive judgement on someone’s persona 🤔 

What do you personally think changed from the early days to the later stuff?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

these

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

This seems a pretty harsh non-constructive judgement on someone’s persona 🤔 

What do you personally think changed from the early days to the later stuff?

Very little indeed.

First of all, I started playing in the summer of 2016 so those are the early days for me.
If I look back now, the first thing that comes to my mind is the story of Umbra. Then, there are the openlands and most recently Railjack. But already these are bits stuck at random. For the rest: 3500 guns, 50 Warframe/Prime, 25060 Mods... But these contents are not interesting enough for me. It makes me smile that the most interesting was Umbra which is the copy of an already existing character. Yet, such a short and simple story, was enough to give a character depth. And the battle with the Ropalolyst? It seemed like such a lazy attempt to make interesting content but having a character saying nonsense is not enough to make it interesting. It sounded more like a dubbing audition for Rebecca than anything else... Steve seems like a smart and creative guy, with a lot of good ideas, but he never made an effort to do anything that intrigued you to play except attracting with rewards or these trivia. This is why I am disappointed. To date, I prefer to listen to music, watch movies or series, even to clean the house rather than playing Warframe. Sometimes I close it before it has finished downloading updates because I don't even have the patience to wait for it to finish that I'm already fed up. I ask Steve for content that makes me want to play again, saying: "hey! I want to see what's going on."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KroneVanguard said:

<snip>

Consider my understanding of your perspective expanded with this. I like learning the “Why”s of people taking the time to post. I read your first post and was like “What is the motivation behind writing this?”, and this second one clarified a little more. Wouldn’t have known had I not asked, thanks for answering my question 👍 

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Steve is AWESOME! He reminds me of most concept designers I work with that run an expansive storyboard. He doesn't just create a movie, he creates a series of movies within a universe designed to always have a way forward.

Railjack is a great example, where the two TennoCon demos gave us an expanded preview of the Nef Anyo saga, the progressive Lich roles within the Grineer during the war, an "explore and discover" system with the derelicts, Raid elements, Lotus and her mother, the Orokin and what the void is and does. What we have so far is just the beginning and introductions of Railjack's world: the first tileset of the starchart. Keep in mind, this is only what I got out of it but I like the fact I can see just how far this game can go under his leadership. Now, if they can just figure out how to reduce/prevent spoilers and overhype...

• Like 2

Steve seems like a cool guy and all. but if last years tennocon said anything, is that most of the stuff he talks about it over hyped BS,,  and there is the 2019 road map, new war Christmas  2019 release...  Nightwave 6 months intermission,,   2 years waisted dev time on railjack..  and my fav    " We are not trying to squeeze more grind out of you" scarlet spear ..  But he is great with his twitch streams.... 

• Like 2