Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darksouls40K Warframes Suggestions Lounge

Darksouls40k

My intention with this topic is to analyze warframes one by one, explain my design vision for them  and suggest ideas / alterations based on that vision. Other ppl inputs will be invaluable since 1 million heads generate much better ideas than just one and credit will be given accordingly. With luck devs might even implement some of these suggestions ;).

This page will be updated/edited regularly as ideas come in and as I add more warframes to be analyzed.

To simplify I will have a entry that will say the current topics that are being analyzed so ppl can focus on that and don't feel overwhelmed as the information grows, but u can always comment/add on any pertaining subject...

Lets start :) :

Current topics: Scaling damage abilities; RHINO

My vision for abilities in general is that each should be unique and always have a significant impact be it high level or low level...

Scaling damage abilities

It is no secret that there are a lot of damaging abilities that we only use at low-mid levels because they become near useless at high levels. One can hope armor 2.0 will solve this but I see it as being part of the solution and not THE solution. In my opinion the best way to assure the scaling is to make damaging abilities a combination of the current fixed damage added by a damage factor based on a % of mobs max health. For example ability XYZ would do 1k damage + 40 % damage of mobs max health... Keep in mind that numbers would be tweaked so u would still have to use +strength power mods to have a truly destructive ability in high levels.

RHINO

My Vision for RHINO consists in the solo tank warframe experience by excellence.

I currently see RHINO as a warframe that has too much going on for him, he is good in survival but at the same time it has one of the best damage buffs in the game, reason why he is so popular, but at the cost of other warframes which tend to not be as good in these 2 very relevant combat roles at the same time..

Abilities analyzes

RHINO CHARGE: I think this ability should be replaced for something totally different. Had no decent idea so far... Pls suggest something better, that's the main point of this thread ;)

Pros:

- It fits in the brute force theme of a tank;

- It is a fun ability.

Cons

- Too similar to Excalibur slash dash which is a complete deal breaker 4 me.

IRON SKIN: I like the idea behind this ability but it needs to scale 4 higher levels. How to do it is the question, probably adding a % of damage reduction is the best solution...

ROAR: I think this ability should be replaced for something totally different but because of the masses this ability attracted, devs wont dare touch it anytime soon, if ever... Had no decent idea so far... Pls suggest something better, that's the main point of this thread ;)

Pros:

- It boosts damage by a considerable amount making it a very popular ability, especially at higher levels;

- This ability allied with IRON SKIN and STOMP makes u a walking death machine with survivability way above average making this a very popular warframe.

Cons

- IMHO it doesn't fit the current RHINO theme at all and much less my tank vision so its a deal breaker, this ability should be in a whole different warframe than RHINO

STOMP: I think this ability is fine but I would remove the speed reduction factor

And this ends my first of many posts in this Darksouls40k warframes suggestions lounge ;), next will be FROST !!!

Pls dont fill the thread with posts saying nice idea or such, just vote up, help me keep clutter to a minimum ;)

Remember 1 million heads come up with better ideas than a few dozens, thx in advance for ur precious feedback ;)

What's wrong with a tank inspiring his allies? Is that really too far out of the range of your "vision" for Rhino?

Don't have nothing against that, what I am against is to give a tank a group wide buff which consists in one of the most massive damage increases in the game, that buff clearly belongs in a support warframe imho...

Don't have nothing against that, what I am against is to give a tank a group wide buff which consists in one of the most massive damage increases in the game, that buff clearly belongs in a support warframe imho...

Numerically speaking his damage buff pales in comparison to what either Nova or Banshee are capable of, especially the latter, which can increase damage by more than 1000%.

Numerically speaking his damage buff pales in comparison to what either Nova or Banshee are capable of, especially the latter, which can increase damage by more than 1000%.

I think a few points of mine will clear my point of view and explain why I think your comparison is wrong in so many levels but if even after reading this u still agree with ur comparison I dare u to make a post about swapping roar with sonar and watch the rage/cry of the RHINOs against that major nerf^^:

- 1st comparing banshee ability to nova and rhino doesn't make any sense, unlike them it isn't a press this button to win kind of straightforward ability... Sonar ability only boosts other abilities damage if the torso is the affected area and u often wont be able to easily target those areas being better off killing them normally, reason why it is not a popular ability and why even if u boosted this ability damage by 10k%, if u tried to swap it 4 rhinos roar, they would cry...

- 2nd Just cause x, y or z warframe have abilities with higher % doesn't justify anything... Using the same logic I could point way more warframes that have barely nothing going 4 them... Comparisons in a game of completely unbalanced stuff wont take u far, u need to imagine a standard and try to achieve it,

- 3rd If the standard u defend is something like Nova gameplay owning everything 24 7 with little to no effort with massive buffs to all damage (200%) then u will just end up with a lot of warframes having some kind of massive % bonus to not fall behind the others or they are considered useless and barely touched except to get level mastery like it happens now... making these group wide massive buffs a huge design flaw from the devs... like so many already pointed b4 me...

- 4th Everyone likes to feel op and i don't have nothing against that but I also like some challenge. The only type of challenge the game offers in endgame is the cheap hard type. To make games challenging and appealing at the same time the first step is to make a balanced game...

Hope i shined some lights on my views on the game as well as the game itself, thx 4 ur time ;)

Edited by Darksouls40k

I think a few points of mine will clear my point of view and explain why I think your comparison is wrong in so many levels but if even after reading this u still agree with ur comparison I dare u to make a post about swapping roar with sonar and watch the rage/cry of the RHINOs against that major nerf^^:

- 1st comparing banshee ability to nova and rhino doesn't make any sense, unlike them it isn't a press this button to win kind of straightforward ability... Sonar ability only boosts other abilities damage if the torso is the affected area and u often wont be able to easily target those areas being better off killing them normally, reason why it is not a popular ability and why even if u boosted this ability damage by 10k%, if u tried to swap it 4 rhinos roar, they would cry...

- 2nd Just cause x, y or z warframe have abilities with higher % doesn't justify anything... Using the same logic I could point way more warframes that have barely nothing going 4 them... Comparisons in a game of completely unbalanced stuff wont take u far, u need to imagine a standard and try to achieve it,

- 3rd If the standard u defend is something like Nova gameplay owning everything 24 7 with little to no effort with massive buffs to all damage (200%) then u will just end up with a lot of warframes having some kind of massive % bonus to not fall behind the others or they are considered useless and barely touched except to get level mastery like it happens now... making these group wide massive buffs a huge design flaw from the devs... like so many already pointed b4 me...

- 4th Everyone likes to feel op and i don't have nothing against that but I also like some challenge. The only type of challenge the game offers in endgame is the cheap hard type. To make games challenging and appealing at the same time the first step is to make a balanced game...

Hope i shined some lights on my views on the game as well as the game itself, thx 4 ur time ;)

You didn't exactly explain why I was wrong though. You called roar one of the largest damage increases in the game, when it's actually not, given that there are relatively few abilities that aim for this purpose from a numerical perspective. It is simply one of the easier ones to take advantage of.

An extra 50% damage is extremely significant in early levels, but tends to fall off as all damage increases do as enemy level/armor increase together. There is certainly enough armor-ignoring damage to remedy this, but the vast majority of weapons do not have this function, and even if they do they will not instantly kill something that is a high enough level.

While Roar is quite an effective skill, it's hardly problematic, and not what makes him so stupidly strong.

You didn't exactly explain why I was wrong though. You called roar one of the largest damage increases in the game, when it's actually not, given that there are relatively few abilities that aim for this purpose from a numerical perspective. It is simply one of the easier ones to take advantage of.

An extra 50% damage is extremely significant in early levels, but tends to fall off as all damage increases do as enemy level/armor increase together. There is certainly enough armor-ignoring damage to remedy this, but the vast majority of weapons do not have this function, and even if they do they will not instantly kill something that is a high enough level.

While Roar is quite an effective skill, it's hardly problematic, and not what makes him so stupidly strong.

I did explain and support them quite well IMHO, cant help u in that matter...

Secondly to say that roar bonus damage is extremely significant in early levels is completely wrong, it becomes extremely significant exactly at the highest levels portion of the game... I would explain u why but this thread isn't about teaching the basics of the game.  If u wish do discuss any further in this thread and be taken seriously I suggest u to learn more about it b4 u do.

Have a nice day ;)

Edited by Darksouls40k

I did explain and support them quite well IMHO, cant help u in that matter...

Secondly to say that roar bonus damage is extremely significant in early levels is completely wrong, it becomes extremely significant exactly at the highest levels portion of the game... I would explain u why but this thread isn't about teaching the basics of the game.  If u wish do discuss any further in this thread and be taken seriously I suggest u to learn more about it b4 u do.

Have a nice day ;)

As of now, it falls off late game because of armor like all damage boosts do, which is why it's more significant against enemies with lower armor i.e. lower levels, even though it's more *important* late game for the same reason it falls off.

You still didn't explain how Roar is a stronger numerical damage boost, though we're both aware it's easier to capitalize on than much larger bonuses like Sonar. All the condescension you have to offer won't really change that. If you'd actually explain with math how more armor=more damage from Roar, I might overlook the fact that you're essentially calling me stupid.