(PS4)northern_rebal

How many formas is enough

Question

How many formas do you all put on your warframes? I've  been looking at some builds online and some have 3, 4 or 5 needed.  

I'm looking at sayrn, my favorite, and so far have a pretty good strength build going with no forma. I'm wondering how much better it could get. 

I can rank up a couple of prime mods another 1 or 2 spots but can't see where I'd need a ton more room.

14 answers to this question

Depends. Some I've only used Forma on a couple of times, then there are some that I've done up to 4-5. Weapons tend to get used more, imo, since new mods and builds sometimes require swapping out. Also for the Kuva and Paracesis weapons, you HAVE to burn at least 5 Forma on them to max their Mastery to 40.

As many as I need to finish a build i want to use. Some frames, might take 1. Some might take 6.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

How many forma? As much as needed to allow me to play in the most optimal way that suits my needs and tastes. Sometimes that means 2-4 forma, sometime it means 0 (well not 0 anymore, because dual energy color), sometimes it means 8 forma.

And with years passing and reworks flowing in some pieces of gear can make it to 10+ forma in order to keep them updated.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

depends on the frame really, some have 0 some have 2-3

On Primary and Secondary if you want to use the Exilus slot and riven usually 5-6 with all maxed mods including primed. Melee same if you have riven for them. Frames, all depends how you want to build them. Some you don't need any but if you want to max build can range from 1-10 "Umbral Mods."

Posted (edited)

Very rarely do I need more than one. I'd need 2 if and only if I wanted to hyper-optimize with Corrupted mods

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

well not 0 anymore, because dual energy color

Can explain that?

44 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Also for the Kuva and Paracesis weapons, you HAVE to burn at least 5 Forma on them to max their Mastery to 40

This is really why I asked. I put 5 forma on a kuva weapon and now don't  have mods to get to 40. I can see the same thing happening with Saryn. I can see being able to add 4 or 5, but don't  have the mods to need 7 or 8 And I have several primed and umbra mods on her.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

Can explain that?

Warframes and general gear gain one addition energy color slot when you put a forma in them.

So even if a frame doesn't really need a forma I'll still put one in order to get that nice energy color blend. Why did DE decide to mix fashion with stats once again? I'll never know. Still dislike it nonetheless.

Depends what you need it to do. As you get to higher level content, your Saryn is going to need to do more and more work. Soon it won't be enough that she has max range, but she'll also need ability strength. That's when you slot in the forma

It depends, really. For the frames I use only casually I don't need any forma. Others usually take 3-5, depending on if they're primes (with more mod slots pre-polarised). I don't have any of those, but Umbral builds without any Umbra forma have all slots polarised, except for where the Umbra mods go.

And then there's this stuff:

SO9I9Nm.png

You put enough forma on until the build you want to use fits, simple.

Though over the course of time playing you'll find some frames you like you will no doubt redo a slot or two to make an updated build work and fit.

My advice....

-Polarizing a slot is the most beneficial for the fattest mods in your build.

-Try to prioritize the mods that are common to ANY build.  I wanna say vitality but thats a bad example because of umbra vitality lol....  Prime continuity could be one.  

-Polarizing for some mods will make you UNABLE to use other builds.  I like to keep things open to possabilities, future changes.  But if you really love a build go ahead and commit full force and hit up every slot lol.  

-----------------------------

Some of my builds have alot of forma and dont even have room for exilus mods because of the damn umbra's.  But every little bit of power helps.  Exilus can help you see enemies or loot or give you a little extra range/str/energy/speed.   If you really love your warframe/build that would be my goal, is to fit all those killer mods AND have exilus lol.  

But I value diversity to.  I like those aura forma that let you use whatever aura you want.  Alot of my fav frames have 2-3 builds focus'ed on different abilities.

I have a mag for crush and one for pulse.  Rhino has one for roar and one for stomp/iron skin.   Gara has 2.  Ember has 2.  Valkyr i've basically squished two builds into one the only difference being the augment lol.  Etc..

Honesty it all depends on your particular playstyle with that particular warframe.

If you're not using Umbral mods, 2 or 3 forma is usually enough to squeeze in everything.

Just forma until you feel comfortable with your build that suits your playstyle.

• Like 1

I've been playing warframe for 118 days. Yesterday finished Orokin derelict boses and about to jump on Eris and Sedna. My goal is to complete Star map with my starter frame - Volt. Had to forma him 4 times - for health capacity, for shield capacity, for shield recharge and for armor capacity, because he's not a tanky boy. The fifth slot is pending, because I need to fit maxed Primed continuity.

In conclusion, it depends on a tool - you compensate it's critical disadvantages and max main advantages, so you forma for polarities of relevant mods. I think you should forma early for mods that are essential and have many ranks because, for example, later I had to dedicate quite some time catching up to the level of enemies.