Gabbynaru

[Suggestion] Option to auto-select normal/hard mode for all nodes

So, in today's Home Devstream, we saw the upcoming UI for the Hard mode on the star chart. I'm talking about this:

phhardmode.png

The way it works is that you click the node, then you have to click normal/hard mode. Just like when selecting normal/nightmare missions, that is inconvenient, but whereas nightmare/kuva/sortie/invasion/syndicate taking place on the same node do make a difference in gameplay/tileset/enemies and so on, hard mode is the same node with harder enemies, thus disposable. Furthermore, while nightmare/kuva/sortie/invasion/syndicate missions take place on specific nodes and for limited periods of time, hard more missions take place on all nodes, forever, which means this unnecessary extra click will be permanent rather than temporary, slowing down the gameplay experience (which is a thing the new UI has been doing constantly since release, but that's a way bigger topic I don't feel like complaining about right now)

So, can we please have an option in the settings that automatically selects normal/hard mode or only shows normal/hard mode on nodes without any other nightmare/kuva/sortie/invasion/syndicate missions taking place instead of always having to do this unnecessary extra click?

Thank you for your time!

• Like 2

Yes, please. I have no interest in the hard mode so having to manually choose every time would be a massive pita.

Have it just be a toggle somewhere on the starchart, like in a corner somewhere.  Put a fancy little UI around nodes or planets to make sure that people remember it's on.  Why do they always try to reinvent the wheel on things like this and stray as far away from efficient, intuitive design as they possibly can?

• Like 2

is was my thought exactly when they showed it on stream,

add a toggle thats on the star chart

maybe give it 3 settings, All/Normal/Hard

All would be selected by default and would look just like the photo

Normal/Hard explain themselves