Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Umbra forma back in game ?

(PSN)Midcall

1 hour ago, Magus_Tahir said:

To my knowledge the only way to get Umbra Forma now is to do Nightwave. 

Nope they were potential rewards from rare caches during the release of railjack.

I got mine from earth twice and once from saturn before the hotfix that removed them from those two locations because they weren't supposed to be there.

Haven't seen them since that specific hotfix. 

As for whether they're back? Looking at the past update and hotfix logs. Doesn't seem so.

Edited by MadMattPrime

6 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Nope they were potential rewards from rare caches during the release of railjack.

I got mine from earth twice and once from saturn before the hotfix that removed them from those two locations because they weren't supposed to be there.

As for whether they're back? Looking at the past update and hotfix logs. Doesn't seem so.

Yes, they were in there but they were removed because exploits (or potential exploits). As the post you've quoted says, right now the only way is with Nightwave ranks (1 umbral forma).

8 minutes ago, IEtherI said:

DE just needs to put them in the cash shop at like $20 each limit of 2 per 30 days

5 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Honesty wished they would.

I hereby declare these posts TROLL! 

And no longer worth my time.

• Like 2

I don't see how my post is trolling. Its just a wish that will never happen. 

Warframe is a PVE and farming game anyway.

If everyone had optimized umbral builds it would reduce the time of enemies dying and more polymer bundles and other loot.

Win win for everyone.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Of course not, they want to force veterans that way to play nightwave.

Because the umbra forma is the only relevant reward in all 30 ranks.

(I for myself don't need cosmetics, I swim in hundreds of them and already forget items that I own) same with gimmick rewards and resources.

Literally, only the forma is relevant.

But the strange thing is they made it farmable (intended for veil proxima region and to make it an incentive to play broken jack) when railjack was first released then removed it because of an event.

I was one of the lucky players who got the umbra forma blueprint due to spaghetti code and the mess that was the release of railjack.

They could at least put it back since scarlet spear it over.

I can understand why they won't put in the market.

But with how easy and how immortal your warframes are now thanks to shield gating (Brief respite + Rolling guard + 1 Augur mod combo). 

They should at least bring back the possibility of farming it at a very low chance just like how they intended it to be.

Hotfix 27.0.3

• We've made a change related to the Umbra Forma Blueprint reward. These are an intentional reward drop for Railjack missions in the Veil Proxima region (harder enemies, better rewards)! Wires got crossed to have it drop on Earth, which is not intentional.
Edited by MadMattPrime

3 minutes ago, CoefficientOfCool said:

yeah, I mean what's the worst that could happen with more umbra forma? more people throwing them on frames like zephyr and nyx just helps everyone enjoy the frames they like more. as it is now its meta or bust. used my last one on atlas tbh.

More Umbra forma completely undermines the future of adding additional Umbral Warframes. 

If you want more warframes then the acquisition of Umbral forma should be difficult to get. I'd like to see more Umbral Warframes compared to having the forma easier to acquire. It's a trade off that needs to be made. 

5 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

"To my knowledge the only way to get Umbra Forma now is to do Nightwave. "

"the only way to get Umbra Forma now"

"now"

• Like 1