Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are people leaving the game and selling their accounts or what?

Kmykzy

2 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

u did not not cover all names and some brave soul of white knighthood will come here and say naming and shaming on forums is prohibited or will just simply report u

how exactly is telling someone they should fix something before they get in trouble for breaking the rules "white knighting"?

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

how exactly is telling someone they should fix something before they get in trouble for breaking the rules "white knighting"?

yea most people are trying to help out since "naming and shaming" is actually against DE rules and can get you banned from the forums

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Wait what? Like psychological consultation "Please point on the doll where Mr. Vey Hek touched you" or consultation like companies have but for frame and weapon builds?

To the extent I can judge, it's pretty much like Token guessed. There was this one guy for example, he offered to guide customers through Index missions and guaranteed to gather a given amount of credits they pay for. According to eBay, someone bought one of the consultation "appointments" already. 

Just Imagine the amount of time invested in this game for you to get to MR28, clearly something is going on, not to mention the "Leave at zone 1" mentality that has been going on for a while now, like I get frustrated all the times trying to find a squad to get to zone 8, but Host migration is killing me... and its not even my fault 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

To the extent I can judge, it's pretty much like Token guessed. There was this one guy for example, he offered to guide customers through Index missions and guaranteed to gather a given amount of credits they pay for. According to eBay, someone bought one of the consultation "appointments" already. 

In the near future plat will be a more stable currency than bitcoin XD. On a sidenote I remember WoW gold being farmed in China for real world cash and that was almost a decade ago so a few boosters here and there are to be expected.

I started the thread trying to find out if other people noticed an increase too, and, in case it was real, maybe get an ideea why the increase in these kinds of practices are happening now.

3 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Just some random angry person on the internet, not really new.

that is true.

To the point players are just dumb when they could just solo it no matter what, it isn't going hurt your style at all or either your grind, I done this many time on solo and together in group it doesn't bother me and no that guy is wrong about infinite energy when the leech group come in basically they don't have enough energy to supplies themselves fast enough to deal with enemies but syran we know obviously ppl wanted to nerf her a lot.

6 hours ago, Miser_able said:

i just dont have the heart to enlighten you if u didnt get it by ur self

22 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

i just dont have the heart to enlighten you if u didnt get it by ur self

.... seems to me like you're just trying to pull any old excuse to blame it on the white knights.

If I warn you that you are currently breaking a rule, and should change your behavior accordingly, I'm trying to help you, not the people who set those rules. Telling someone off for reporting rule violation would be like making fun of someone for reporting a crime, or an OSHA/health code violation. Just plain stupid.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Just Imagine the amount of time invested in this game for you to get to MR28, clearly something is going on, not to mention the "Leave at zone 1" mentality that has been going on for a while now, like I get frustrated all the times trying to find a squad to get to zone 8, but Host migration is killing me... and its not even my fault 

I noticed something exactly like that happening with any sort of difficulty, temporary setback or challenge.
People expecting everything to be a perfectly run premade squad but not realizing people are people, some are new, some want directions, some just wandered in not expecting a fight for their lives.

And in Gifts of the Lotus L50-60 Pistol Only weekend I saw always the top rank of players quitting first.
Then I wrote a story about it, because most people already find the game too easy, such handicap missions are what gives a very entertaining challenge for self and others to build up, team up and overcome. 

Instead, no, they quit. 
After this, I've started to prefer to run with noobs only, even putting in my time as a railjack part time combat pilot and instructor to take heat off the captain when he gets overloaded facing swarms of fighters.

4 hours ago, kgabor said:

You're joking now, but this might be a very real thing for Grineer Ghouls.

TBH this was narrated in the PoE codex. But I actually wonder more about the Tenno. They are child-soldiers at heart, all powerful ones at that, but we know they are not invulnerable and they have emotions and memories now, in spite of whatever their creators intended to suppress.🙂

Even DE showed us they forgot how ESO works when they thought that ember could compete there despite her DPS ability being her 4. I am however confused how you see someone being angry in ESO as proof they bought their account. As pointed out: MR has nothing to do with skill or knowledge, neither are required to get to MR 28.

14 hours ago, Tokens210 said:

maybe like a trainer lol capitalizing on DE lack of giving info to players

for just 10 buck an hour i can teach you to play a really simple game thats made not simple by lack of directions and info

atleast thats what i would imagine lol

13 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Yeah I think that is what it is too. Seen by "gold seller" bots in-game too of several MMO's and it cracks me up every time. That and the good old "beta test mounts" in WoW are two of those golden "really!?" moments that are followed by extreme laughing on my part. Actually had a drunkard friend that fell for one of those "beta test mounts" when he played WoW then wondered why his account was "hacked". :facepalm:

7 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Even DE showed us they forgot how ESO works when they thought that ember could compete there despite her DPS ability being her 4. I am however confused how you see someone being angry in ESO as proof they bought their account. As pointed out: MR has nothing to do with skill or knowledge, neither are required to get to MR 28.

A kitchen knife has nothing to do with robbing someone, everyone knows stores sell them for cooking, people use them for cooking, etc. but if you see someone with one in their hand coming at you on the street, I don't think your mind goes to "I think he's going home to cook something". MR28 doesn't mean the player has knowledge of all aspects of the game but if I see someone MR3-5 I will personally assume they are somewhat new to the game and expect their knowledge of certain mechanics to be limited, this in contrast to if I see someone that has leveled up almost everything in the the game to the max I personally assume they know about the basic mechanics and other limitations of most popular missions.

It's not black and white, even if something isn't true 99.5% of the time it doesn't mean just ignore all instances where it occurs.

Also, in case you didn't notice,

-the thing about people selling account in the title of the thread is just a question meant to compare opinions with others regarding a trend I've personally noticed, 

(not the first time I've seen something similar happen last few months but first time I actually decided to take some screens and question if something weird is going on for such cases)

here it is again in case you couldn't read everything

-I don't really know you or your standards for the people around you, but for me personally calling random teammates *trash*, and *#*!% off and die*, to a stranger in pm while unprovoked as an answer to that stranger trying to help you is a little bit more than just "someone being angry in ESO" 😐.

-so, to reiterate, someone sending messages that (i usually see) people get banned for+ a (personally observed) spike in similar events+ very highMR not seeming to know basic mechanics of popular missions+ the fact that selling highMR accounts is not somthing new  *is not proof*, it was never meant to be. But if more people observed this happening lately then it becomes a good indicator and I like to figure out if my observations are true and why.

And all this simply out of curiosity.

PS. again, out of curiosity, I searched for that player's name here and coincidentally their last message posted a few days prior said that after DE removed the last thing they considered fun in the game it was time that they should move on from the game.

so, certainly not proof they soldout or decided they just didn't care anymore, just hints😉

• Like 1

I regularly play with a guy who's mastery rank 21 and has no clue what he's supposed to do in almost any mission other than exterminate, capture or rescue. We did an interception the other day, just the two of us, and it failed because I couldn't hold enough towers long enough to stay ahead. I kept telling him what to do and he never did it. After the mission failed he asked me why and when I told him he said "I don't get it, I was running around killing stuff". Even on defense and mobile defense he's rarely anywhere near the defense target. And while he knows what a rescue is, he rarely goes straight to extraction, but instead just reverts back to running around and killing stuff.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Bot_Kmykzy_004:

-so, to reiterate, someone sending messages that (i usually see) people get banned for+ a (personally observed) spike in similar events+ very highMR not seeming to know basic mechanics of popular missions+ the fact that selling highMR accounts is not somthing new  *is not proof*, it was never meant to be. But if more people observed this happening lately then it becomes a good indicator and I like to figure out if my observations are true and why.

It's only an indicator of people having a very light grasp of the game, nothing more. I realize you want to see something more in this matter but a lot of people will play this game very casually. If someone doesnt care to learn something then they never will, in this case ESO cooldowns. If all you ever do is trinity leech you'll never care about it. Or on the flip side they know about it already and feel attacked by your comment. Either is possible and far more likely than RMT.

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Bot_Kmykzy_004:

A kitchen knife has nothing to do with robbing someone, everyone knows stores sell them for cooking, people use them for cooking, etc. but if you see someone with one in their hand coming at you on the street, I don't think your mind goes to "I think he's going home to cook something". MR28 doesn't mean the player has knowledge of all aspects of the game but if I see someone MR3-5 I will personally assume they are somewhat new to the game and expect their knowledge of certain mechanics to be limited, this in contrast to if I see someone that has leveled up almost everything in the the game to the max I personally assume they know about the basic mechanics and other limitations of most popular missions.

So lets look at this comparison. The "knife" in this case is a MR 28 account in ESO. That's not out of place, an open knife on the street is. I've spent tons of time in ESO at MR 28, mastery points to next rank increases with each MR. Now their behavior is absolutely disgusting and you have every right to report them for that. But if you see that as indicator of someone buying the account i suggest taking off your aluminium hat.

On ‎2020‎-‎05‎-‎24 at 4:52 AM, Bot_Kmykzy_004 said:

I'm sometimes baffled by the things I see in the game and end up wondering if people started quitting the game and sell their accounts somewhere eg. bellow. I can't really think about any other explanation why things like this have been happening lately. (not the first time I've seen something similar happen last few months but first time I actually decided to take some screens and question if something weird is going on for such cases)

Join eso, trin starts flaming me/teammates (don't really know who because they didn't point someone out). I think, ok, its fine, they're probably new and don't understand (not that it would make it ok even then but np), ill finish this zone and explain in the next but they decide to leave in zone 1. https://imgur.com/fVwie1t

Thinking that I should at least let them know what's going in and maybe prevent someone else getting flamed for no reason in their next matches I decide to at least send a pm. https://imgur.com/AA8mDDL

A little curious now, I decide to at least look at the profile to see how new was this player, considering they decided to send messages like it's just a new account and ban/chatbans mean nothing while also not knowing about the eso cooldown. https://imgur.com/j5oRV2J

So, is it just me noticing this lately or is there really something going on here? 

I don't understand how you jumped from a player that had a different playstyle / idea to you to the premise that players are leaving the game and selling their accounts.

Seems like a huge leap without any supporting evidence.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

On 2020-05-23 at 2:58 PM, ZeroX4 said:

squad info in upper right corner

edit

i am mr 28 and i see tons of mr 15-28 ppl on interception (not in fissure) regular interception for sortie or idk invasion or whatever not even defending their tower but running around 
and i could understand mr 15-19 as last resort

and if we lose tower they dont even care to take it back they just keep running around
so yeah some account sells needed to happen because i refuse to believe that so many mr 20+ players dont know what to do on interception

People let towers get captured and retake them for the rewards.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

People let towers get captured and retake them for the rewards.

let be taken and then retake ok

leave it and just dont care about it while running around not so much

• Like 1