Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Drop System For Warframes Parts

Keetsune

First of all this is not fair in relation to everyone who got their frames(from drop) before that update.

Secondly now there is nothing special in obtaining new farframe u can ge it in 4-6 runs easy. Yes, some of the players(smaller part of comunity) complaining/whining about that they cannont get some of the parts, but this cannot reject the fact that obtaining warframe before this update, there was something special that could give you priceless emotions when you finally got it after countless kills of that damn boss. And now you broke all this part of the game ..., making it more borring and reducing the average playtime for everyone after that update ... GOOD JOB

I remembered how lucky/happy I got when I got all of Nyx's parts in three runs (my first frame that I built)

That flash of purple orb makes you squeal of excitement wishing that it was the part you needed.

I agree with the op, a guaranteed drop is just. . . Boring.

Rhino was the hardest for me, took me 2days to get him. But when I picked that purple orb "rhino's systems" I was well. Happy.

Edited by Fammia

I agree, but putting it at the end keeps people from just leaving if they don't get the part they like. There should be a chance to get nothing, like 20% each part with a 40% chance at getting nothing. 

Edited by Brinie

I agree, but putting it at the end keeps people from just leaving if they don't get the part they like. There should be a chance to get nothing, like 20% each part with a 40% chance at getting nothing.

I haven't really thought about them leaving but still. The new players would never experience the purple orb of goodness.

Dammed if you don't, dammed if you do.

No, multiple layers of RNG for a:

-chance at a drop

-which has a chance to not fall off of the world

-which you have a chance at finding

-which has a chance at being the drop you need

was always a bad thing. One RNG is enough, thank you. The bosses themselves should be hard enough, and locked away enough that reaching and killing them is the challenge, not how many hours you mindlessly farmed and one-shot them.

Stop hankering for the good ol days when you had to walk up a hill both ways to school.

But who cares if somebody leaves the game when they don't get something they want?

In Diablo 2 if I killed Meph and he didn't drop anything good I'd leave the game. Even if he DID drop something good I'd leave the game. Leaving the game is the most efficient way to do things quickly. If DE didn't want me to leave the game than they could make a more efficient and fun way to do things instead of prolonging me not having fun.

Think about that DE.

So, this was better before but this is unfair to those who farm for warframes before?

To me, this seems like an egocentric complaint, because of this incoherence.

If bosses are too easy for you, run them with low levels weapons and warframes. Do it solo. The challenge is here. Just stop being potatoed.

This new system has the advantage to let people make it easy or make it hard. A lot of people are annoyed to have a bad time hoping for BP to drop.

Squimmy> try collecting all warframes in a week with your new Mag level 0 and new weapons. Seriously.

I have collected my warframes with the old way. I liked it, but I understand and like this new way. And the new potential of it.

Try to improve the game, not make it back to its old ways. If it has changed, it's for good reasons (people complaints). We have to move on and find how to improve it again.

Dammed if you don't, dammed if you do.

No, multiple layers of RNG for a:

-chance at a drop

-which has a chance to not fall off of the world

-which you have a chance at finding

-which has a chance at being the drop you need

was always a bad thing. One RNG is enough, thank you. The bosses themselves should be hard enough, and locked away enough that reaching and killing them is the challenge, not how many hours you mindlessly farmed and one-shot them.

Stop hankering for the good ol days when you had to walk up a hill both ways to school.

Now that I thought about it, I do agree on what you had said.

But having a 100% drop chance is well, to much.

Popular consensus was that the Lephantis way of dropping parts was the preferred way.

Yes, there was that excitement when you got the part you wanted, I got all of my warframes before the update.

But there was a ton of more frustration associated with the boss farming than anything else, and I got lucky most of the time. I don't have a horror story of almost 100 runs with no luck, but just even a small number of such runs and you get tired and bored of doing the same thing over and over without reward. Most people seemed to have felt this way. Bosses shouldn't be farmed and grinded: that takes away any possible fun in fighting them, it just becomes grueling and extremely repetitive, more so than many other parts of the game. 

This new way is a much needed improvement on the system. And this comes from someone who already has all the frames he wants. 

Bosses shouldn't be farmed and grinded: that takes away any possible fun in fighting them, it just becomes grueling and extremely repetitive, more so than many other parts of the game.

This is nothing compared to what you feel when you finally got it after countless fails. That why i play RNG based games, and i don't think that i'm alone who play such games coz of that.

Edited by Keetsune

This is nothing compared to what you feel when you finally got it after countless fails. That why i play RNG based games, and i don't think that i'm alone who play such games coz of that.

I'm so agree with you, seriously, I just would know why they do this, I already farm all my frame and I'm not crying about the new system but I love farm during hours (like hammer shot, the nightmare mods that I had after 176 runs), what was cool when you 3 shot your warframe ? Where is the hard part of the game ?

And now you can get a frame so easily and in the same time you should try like 70 time in order to drop a TIII key in survival mission because that was just pure luck, come one.

The fact is that, Warframe is a farming game and there is no serious reason to change the drop warframe systeme.

If all options in Warframe were made even somewhat equally, I would agree. In the current state of the game, there's too much garbage to get this feeling every time, and most of what is genuinely good isn't a grind/rng festa.

I like a bit (read: a very small portion) of rng in my games to keep things interesting. Warframe should have been titled "RNG the Game".

No. The current drop model is superior because it still gives me my victory feel, but without less of the seething rage if I didn't get even the wrong drop. If I wanted to have one moment of happiness after a lot of mental strain, I'd get into an abusive relationship.

We can bring the purple orbs back for other things. Hell, why not have purple orbs be a rare full restore drop that gives you all your health and energy back? That would be neat, and I might enjoy seeing them.

Okay! Let's remove purple orb from stalker then TOO! Give the everyone 100% reward(all 3 blueprints!!!!) at the mission(where you killed stalker) END.

All 3, no, but one piece on a successful Stalker spawn and kill would work. It's not like he shows up with any sort of reliability to his spawning to begin with.

Sorry to say but this is like politic, the maiority of the players who manifested their will (let say most of them vets will all frames), agreeded that all bosses should be like the new golem and have a reward at end for players effort, we have enough RNG in the game already.

Nothing is guaranted that you will get all the 3 parts in 3 runs, it may happen, but not often im afraid, there will be always someone against changes, we cannot please everybody, but we should try to please the maiority of the community, its work like this long time and will continue this way.

If you have all frames, good for you and skip the "boring" part, if dont, well at least let other get their parts fairly, i also had to grind for my frames with the RNG gods, got all them (rhino system was the most dificult part in this game), but in any way i think this decision made by DE will make the game less challenging, unless some think one shot bosses is a challenge.

I think this will make new players stay more time interested in the game bc now they can actually change the starting frame if they put a little effort in it.

The fact is that, Warframe is a farming game and there is no serious reason to change the drop warframe systeme.

Couldn't agree more. When a game is designed around farming, it doesn't make much sense to have some of the most desired items dropping like candy out of a piñata. Especially in a game that suffers from no Endgame content.

That awkward moment when I got all Frost parts for my last warframe in 20 minutes or less...

That should be changed, system is awful as it is right now. No challenge at all. All bosses solo-able. Nothing to do after.

Thanks, DE. :/

Edited by Lirrea

Yeah, have to agree that a guaranteed drop on warframe parts is too much and doesn't feel good. It's just too easy. The idea of giving the part out at the end of the mission sure is well thought out against those leavers, but a warframe part blueprint shouldn't be a 100% drop.