Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Faline - The Dancer Frame

Gashabae

Faline - means "like a cat" in Latin

This is Faline, the graceful, the elegant.

The stage is hers, Tenno. For her enemies, the show will be a once in a lifetime experience.

---

Base Statistics

Health - 125 (375 at max rank)

Shield - 75 (225 at max rank)

Armour - 100

Energy - 125 (187 at max rank)

Sprint - 1.25

Gender - Female

---

Passive

High Strung 

Cast speed is increased by 2.5% 5% for every enemy looking at Faline to a max of 25% 50%. Buffed

• [Tough Crowd - Augment] Every second there is a 5% chance that all enemies within 15 meters of Faline will throw their weapon in her general direction. Mesmerized enemies will glow indicating to Faline that after the effect expires they will throw their weapons at her. There is a Arcane Engerize like proc that indicates when Tough Crowd has procced. Buffed
    • If Faline evades these weapons her cast speed is increased by 50% for 10 seconds.
    • If Faline is hit by one of these weapons she is briefly stagger and her casting speed is reduced by 25% for 10 seconds.
    • High Strung is inactive for the 10 seconds and Tough Crowd cannot proc until its effects expire.

---

Animations

More often than not, an ability's animation is based off of a real life ballet movement. For reference, viewing the movements may help with understanding how the abilities would look and feel when used.

---

Abilities

If an effect from an ability cannot be modded for it will be highlighted in red, otherwise it should be fairly obvious which stat increases it.

Graceful Revolution - 25 energy

Faline performs a fouetté en tournant for 3 full rotations. This mesmerizes enemies within 8/8/10/12 meters of her for 4/5/5/6 seconds. Faline is followed by these enemies until the mesmerize effect expires which dazes them for 2 seconds.

• [Synergy] Taut Fabric costs 50% less on mesmerized enemies.
  • [Awe Inspiring - Augment] Enemies have a 15% chance of dropping their equip weapon when mesmerized.

Taut Fabric - 10 energy per enemy

Faline throws 3/3/5/5 ribbons which seek an enemy to latch onto within 8/10/12/15 meters of her and within 90° of the reticle. The ribbons wrap around an enemy dealing 200/250/300/350 damage per second. If an enemy with a ribbon on dies the ribbon returns to her buffing her armour by 25/35/45/55 per 500 damage the ribbon dealt. The armour buff lasts for 8/8/10/12 seconds resetting every time a new ribbon returns to her. Hold cast removes all active ribbons and throws out 3/3/5/5 new ones, the armour buff resets to zero.

• [Synergy] Energy cost is reduced by 50% on enemies mesmerized by Graceful Revolution.
  • [Synergy] Enemies with a ribbon on them take 50% more damage from Finale
  • [Unbearable Bonds - Augment] Recasting tightens the ribbons which increases the damage they deal by 50% at a cost of 20 energy per enemy affected

Tempo - 75 energy

Faline performs one of four jumps providing a buff for herself and allies within 15/18/21/24 meters.

• The different buffs are cycled through by tapping the ability key. Holding the ability key will preform the selected buff.

Adagio [animation - Simple Pirouette]

For 12/15/18/20 seconds weapon damage slows enemies by 5/5/10/10% per instance to a max of 80%. A flat 50% duration buff accompanies the primary effect.

• [Synergy] Finale will do cold damage at base if Adagio was the most recent buff used.
  • [Retombé - Augment] Adagio will now cap at 100% however it will no longer affect enemy fire rate.

Andante [animation - Grand Jeté]

For 12/15/18/20 seconds all kills restore 12.5/12.5/25.0/25.0 shields. A flat 30% range buff accompanies the primary effect.

• [Synergy] Finale will do magnetic damage at base if Andante was the most recent buff used.
  • [Retombé - Augment] Andante shield restores can go into overshields.

Allegro [animation - Fouetté Sauté]

For 8/10/12/15 seconds every kill provides 0.05/0.05/0.10/0.10 energy per second which stacks. A flat 100% knockdown recovery buff accompanies the primary effect.

• [Synergy] Finale will do radiation damage at base if Allegro was the most recent buff used.
  • [Retombé - Augment] Upon expiration an electric stun will emit from the Warframe affected equal in range to the energy regen collected.

Presto [animation - Entrechat Deux]

For 8/10/12/15 seconds every 20 meters traveled on foot increases movement speed by 2.5/2.5/5.0/5.0%. A flat 25% movement speed buff accompanies the primary effect.

• [Synergy] Finale will do heat damage at base if Presto was the most recent buff used.
  • [Retombé - Augment] Enemies within 10 meters have their accuracy reduced by 5% every time Faline brushes against one, this maxes at 80%.

Finale - 100 energy

Faline curtsies, sharp flowers appear before her. These flowers target all enemy within 12/15/18/20 meters of her impaling them. If a flower does not kill its target, it will chain to the next enemy within vision of the flower with a reduction of 25% to range. Each flower deals 350/400/450/500 damage and scales off of primary weapon mods.

• [Synergy] The last Tempo buff used will determine the type of damage Finale will do. This elemental will not combine with primary mods.
    • Adagio - cold
    • Andante - magnetic
    • Allegro - radiation
    • Presto - heat
  • [Synergy] If an enemy has a ribbon on them flowers will do 50% bonus damage.
  • [Grand Finale - Augment] Flowers leave a trail in the air. Once a flower can no longer chain to an additional enemy the trail ignites knocking down all enemies who come within 3 meters of the trail.

---

Previous Concept

---

- Good Luck, Have Fun -

Edited by Be_Stupid
  • Like 1

this is a really fun concept but a bit of a nitpick of mine is that for a dancer frame she doesn't really have that much of a focus on movement. She's a dancer frame but since her cast animations are probably quite long (given her passive does help that a little but from what I read probably not enough) she seems more of a immobile support, DPS, ai manipulator hybrid which is not something I'd really picture for a dancer frame. The abilities do sound fun to use though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weeaboopotato said:

this is a really fun concept but a bit of a nitpick of mine is that for a dancer frame she doesn't really have that much of a focus on movement. She's a dancer frame but since her cast animations are probably quite long (given her passive does help that a little but from what I read probably not enough) she seems more of a immobile support, DPS, ai manipulator hybrid which is not something I'd really picture for a dancer frame. The abilities do sound fun to use though.

I'm happy to see the concept has some appeal 🙂 

I see what you mean but I was going for more of a in game application approach rather than focusing to heavily on the theme. Most of what distinguishes her as a dancer frame is the animations and the abilities taken at face value. Pointing out the lack of movement in her kit I get, I just recently used a dash ability in a different concept so I tried to implement movement in a different way (the Presto buff). In any case that's a completely valid nitpick.

As for the cast speed, I'm not entirely sure what to do about it. I could (and probably will) increase the passive to 5 per to a max of 50 but I definitely can't change the ability animations since that's partly what gives her the dancer frame identity. She may still require natural talent even with that buff (which I originally pictured happening anyways). If this changes anything I pictured all of her abilities working in mid air with an exception of her fourth which would work similarly to Sound Quake/Stomp/Strangledome/etc when cast in midair.

On 2020-05-25 at 8:36 AM, Be_Stupid said:

I'm happy to see the concept has some appeal 🙂 

I see what you mean but I was going for more of a in game application approach rather than focusing to heavily on the theme. Most of what distinguishes her as a dancer frame is the animations and the abilities taken at face value. Pointing out the lack of movement in her kit I get, I just recently used a dash ability in a different concept so I tried to implement movement in a different way (the Presto buff). In any case that's a completely valid nitpick.

As for the cast speed, I'm not entirely sure what to do about it. I could (and probably will) increase the passive to 5 per to a max of 50 but I definitely can't change the ability animations since that's partly what gives her the dancer frame identity. She may still require natural talent even with that buff (which I originally pictured happening anyways). If this changes anything I pictured all of her abilities working in mid air with an exception of her fourth which would work similarly to Sound Quake/Stomp/Strangledome/etc when cast in midair.

Well I don’t want it to be an exact copy of Inaros but...

I was picturing her fourth being something like a spinning kick. But she doesn’t levitate enemies or create a tornado. But she can deflect some bullets that can hit enemies. And she moves quick. Almost like ice skaters.

That or she has like an Exalted Sparring melee with a unique stance where she performs lots of spin moves that focuses more on kicks than simply punches. There are kick boxers and other kicking style martial arts. That would be her unique ability. Maybe she has a bar that charges up or a heavy melee where she performs a spinning kick that can reflect bullets and she moves super quick while performing. 

That could be an opening for a new melee or stance mod that involves mostly kicking. Where the hands are used for moving around. Basically the fighting style would be similar to the Brazilian dance fighting style called Capoeira. 

Could see blades on her feet and she skates instead of your typical run/sprint. Be her unique movement/animation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Well I don’t want it to be an exact copy of Inaros but...

I was picturing her fourth being something like a spinning kick. But she doesn’t levitate enemies or create a tornado. But she can deflect some bullets that can hit enemies. And she moves quick. Almost like ice skaters.

I'm all for adding more movement into her kit but that seems a bit weak and/or underwhelming as a fourth ability.

That or she has like an Exalted Sparring melee with a unique stance where she performs lots of spin moves that focuses more on kicks than simply punches. There are kick boxers and other kicking style martial arts. That would be her unique ability. Maybe she has a bar that charges up or a heavy melee where she performs a spinning kick that can reflect bullets and she moves super quick while performing. 

I'm personally kind of bored of exalted weapons in concepts but seeing as how it adds a lot to her lack of movement that would be a great way of fixing it. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

That could be an opening for a new melee or stance mod that involves mostly kicking. Where the hands are used for moving around. Basically the fighting style would be similar to the Brazilian dance fighting style called Capoeira. 

I feel like Brutal Tides is pretty similar to that. Still, using legs only sounds cool and based off of a random youtube video on Capoeira I just watched it looks completely doable by just speeding up the movements.

Could see blades on her feet and she skates instead of your typical run/sprint. Be her unique movement/animation. 

I guess a "dancer frame" was a bit too vague but she is more centred around ballet. Having a frame based off of ice skating still sound very promising and the custom animation sounds great for it.

1 hour ago, Be_Stupid said:

I'm all for adding more movement into her kit but that seems a bit weak and/or underwhelming as a fourth ability.

I'm personally kind of bored of exalted weapons in concepts but seeing as how it adds a lot to her lack of movement that would be a great way of fixing it. 

I feel like Brutal Tides is pretty similar to that. Still, using legs only sounds cool and based off of a random youtube video on Capoeira I just watched it looks completely doable by just speeding up the movements.

I guess a "dancer frame" was a bit too vague but she is more centred around ballet. Having a frame based off of ice skating still sound very promising and the custom animation sounds great for it.

Well it could also be her third. Figured fourth due to the extent that I’m picturing. She would be spinning very fast and gain like 2-3x movement speed. Basically she becomes a spinning top. That can deflect many bullets. So it would be a way for you to either inflict damage or to speed across a map and through hordes of enemies. 

Just trying to add more options. No game, no invention or idea ever came straight out the mind and into reality. They’ve all had to go through discussions. Changes in plans. Adding new things, removing old things. In the end, ideas require many minds and many options before they become their best versions with minimal flaws. 

I’m just trying to add to the discussion for either you or DE to choose from. Ideas that can make her more unique compared to existing frames. More options to choose from. And I’ve seen ballerinas. Feel like she could use more in her dance style and abilities that focuses more and reminds people that she is a dancing theme frame. Not another octavia who is a music theme frame. All her abilities are focused on music, even have the option to make your own rhythms.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Well it could also be her third. Figured fourth due to the extent that I’m picturing. She would be spinning very fast and gain like 2-3x movement speed. Basically she becomes a spinning top. That can deflect many bullets. So it would be a way for you to either inflict damage or to speed across a map and through hordes of enemies. 

Just trying to add more options. No game, no invention or idea ever came straight out the mind and into reality. They’ve all had to go through discussions. Changes in plans. Adding new things, removing old things. In the end, ideas require many minds and many options before they become their best versions with minimal flaws. 

I’m just trying to add to the discussion for either you or DE to choose from. Ideas that can make her more unique compared to existing frames. More options to choose from. And I’ve seen ballerinas.

If it were to replace her 3rd that would make more sense. Her first and the Adagio buff both have a spinning like animation and having 3/4ths of her abilities do that would be a bit overkill.

In the past I've reworked abilities or entire kits due to suggestions. I know this concept is far from perfect but I just don't see the solution being adding another branch of dance to it. I only mentioned ballet because I completely forgot to mention she was based off of ballet in the concept besides the ability animations which some people might've missed (which is 100% on me).

9 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Feel like she could use more in her dance style and abilities that focuses more and reminds people that she is a dancing theme frame.

I completely agree, like I said before her abilities follow the theme only on the surface (mostly a problem with her 3rd & 4th) and having more movement based and thematic abilities would be great. That's partly why I actually like the exalted weapon you proposed despite usually finding them boring.